Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jestatic's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    It is the same engine lol..
    Really? Maybe if i swap dimension there will be a difference?
    sellin 07 osrs gold ^.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jestatic View Post
    Really? Maybe if i swap dimension there will be a difference?
    Lol well one day there will be some drastic differences to the engine. I'm looking into adding bumpmapping, but from everything I'm reading it can be a headache to do with lightmaps.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Lol well one day there will be some drastic differences to the engine. I'm looking into adding bumpmapping, but from everything I'm reading it can be a headache to do with lightmaps.
    Lightmaps in gunz are prebaked and not "dynamic" as such bump maps are kinda pointless in gunz.
    The only dynamic light sources are object lights which only affect models ie player models/npcs.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Wasn't Llamba or someone working on dynamic lightmaps? (which looked super weird tbh).

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Lightmaps in gunz are prebaked and not "dynamic" as such bump maps are kinda pointless in gunz.
    The only dynamic light sources are object lights which only affect models ie player models/npcs.
    Ahh so static lights doen't play nice with bumpmapping eh? Alright, i can always toss bumpmapping aside and try working on something like SSAO.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Ahh so static lights doen't play nice with bumpmapping eh? Alright, i can always toss bumpmapping aside and try working on something like SSAO.
    I mean you can fake a bad bumpmapping by loading the lightmap model and rendering the bitmap with any of your 3d modeling/rendering software but then again this would be static again so its not worth the hassle.
    Because the lightmap is prebaked and static ambient occlusion doesnt work well either, its going to make look maps really weird, do try it out to form your own opinion though.
    Last edited by HellSniper; 07-05-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    I mean you can fake a bad bumpmapping by loading the lightmap model and rendering the bitmap with any of your 3d modeling/rendering software but then again this would be static again so its not worth the hassle.
    Because the lightmap is prebaked and static ambient occlusion doesnt work well either, its going to make look maps really weird, do try it out to form your own opinion though.
    Yeah I'll probably still try it out. You were right about the bumpmapping, it looked like garbage. If SSAO looks like crap too then I guess I can always try FXAA, it'd be a nice addition since people with a intel hd 2000 or lower can't use msaa.

Banned

Thanks
    Tbh, i don't see a big difference.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Elicar View Post
    Anisotropic filtering is for sharpening textures that are further away to keep it from becomming a blurry goo.
    Its best observed on flat long surfaces (walls, floors, ceillings) Example

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Elicar View Post
    You'd see a big difference if i chose a better map. Maps like town receive a nice increase in texture quality.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information