Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks

Well since I've been playing this now for 2 months, I decided to make a thread for those who are interested or those who are already playing-- considering having friends does actually substantially benefit you.

What is Puzzle & Dragons?

Puzzle & Dragons is a "Match 3" Puzzle RPG on mobile devices, simply put. You drag around an orb through other orbs matching colors of three or more on a 6x5 grid. Plus you also can use monsters and such in the form of cards.

Here's an example of how it would look like

Pretty simple, right? You basically match 3 or more of the color that corresponds to your "Card's" color and deal damage to your enemy or enemies. (The example showing that, in the respective order, the cards are: Light, Dark/Dark, Wood, Fire, Water, and Light.)

Is the game Free?

For the most part, yes. However, to benefit fully from the game, you may need to spend money on Magic Stones. However, this isn't entirely necessary as there are people who have made it through to ranks 400+ non-IAP (In-app purchases). It's your choice on the matter, though I will warn if you decide to buy stones, you may exceed how much you actually want to spend.

How beneficial are these "Magic Stones"?

Magic Stones are used for different purposes such as
    • Using the REM (Rare Egg Machine) @ 5 Magic Stones per use
    • Continuing a dungeon if you lose (1 stone per use)
    • Increase Monster Box space (5 extra spaces per stone)
    • Increase friends list (applicable at a higher tank, 5 friends per Magic Stone)
    • Restoring your Stamina back to full (1 stone per use and EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED UNTIL AT LEAST 100 STAMINA)

I should also note that Stones can be given free by
    • Consecutive day logins
    • Completing Dungeons for the first time
    • Daily giveaways

Those are how non-IAP players can get through, though it can be more difficult.

Should I roll the REM the moment I can?

Usually, no. This can depend, however, based on current in-game events. Occasionally, (once or twice a month) an event called "Godfest" happens for 2 days where the chance rates for VERY good eggs to drop from the machine are much higher than usual. Usually out of 5 eggs you'd get at least 2 gods on average. 5/5 Isn't uncommon either, just unlikely. These gods usually benefit by having very good leader abilities or just very good for Late Game in general.

Basically the rule of thumb is to NEVER roll the REM unless it's a Godfest. Carnivals can also occur, but don't be tricked by these-- the drops here can be good, but your chances are lessened to the point where 5 stones are just not worth it.

As to finish the question: If you feel you need to increase your monster box capacity, by all means do it. You can NEVER have too much space. trust me, you start off with 20 and I'm still JUST managing with 220.

So how do friends actually benefit you?

Well, first of all they are an additional monster slot to your party. Secondly, your friend's leader ability stacks up or acts as an addition to your own team leader-- which in turn maximizes your potential to meet your goal when completing dungeons. Your 3x damage and your friend's 3x damage together WILL do 9x damage. Friends are one of the most important part of this game and it is ideal to maximize friends with leader abilities that can help you.

This is what I will add for now, I can answer more questions if needed and add to the main post. I can eventually add users to a list with Leaders and such. Friends ARE essential to this game, so it's not a bad idea.

HAIL RONIA

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    This looks like another version of Candy Crush Mania. Is the concept alot different?

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    This looks like another version of Candy Crush Mania. Is the concept alot different?
    The match-3 concept is different as you are dragging one orb around the board to match as many lined up orbs as possible or whichever orbs are needed for the attack. There are a lot of different strategies and team archetypes involved and it does rather get complicated far late game. The shown .gif shows how the concept is played.

Thread Information