Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Posts
    16,576
    Thanked
    1,699
    Thanks
    5,394
    Back again on Asylum since I cannot remember where I left it and I am working on this when I feel like to and might share it eventually.
    The whole map should be more clean compared to the original one (working by x2 ; x128, x256, x512 and so on to it will be easier to fit textures, no stretching and stuff).
    This also should get rid of glitches, lower map size itself (might help with fps?) and other stuffies.


    Step 1: Import original map, so we can base the whole map of it

    Step 2: First work out all the walls and add some depth in certain walls (no single walls on certain spots like red base)

    Step 3: Work out the floors

    Step 4: Work out objects

    Step 5: Work out the ceiling

    Step 6: Add new area's if needed/feel like doing so


    Step 7: Textures

    Step 8: Collision

    Step 9: Lightmapping & spawns

    Step 10: Testing time!




    Progess



    Last edited by StephanM; 08-15-2015 at 04:40 PM.

  2. The following 7 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

    Bunny (09-04-2015), Corrupt (08-07-2015), Eran (08-09-2015), GeorgeGFX (08-07-2015), justRelax (09-05-2015), Stuwadie (08-07-2015), YanyanX (08-08-2015)

  3. #2
    Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanked
    2,384
    Thanks
    1,574
    offtopic : 1 step and the character walked over the entire map

    ontopic :i would love to see some more stuff , keep it up.

  4. #3
    GeorgeGFX's Avatar 【D I C K S】

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Posts
    15,306
    Thanked
    2,231
    Thanks
    4,849
    Originally Posted by Stuwadie View Post
    offtopic : 1 step and the character walked over the entire map

    ontopic :i would love to see some more stuff , keep it up.
    That's just a basic map drawing.
    Mansion probably looks even smaller but in-game it's huge, don't judge maps by the draws lol.

    OT:
    Looking forward for the final result.

  5. #4
    Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanked
    2,384
    Thanks
    1,574
    Originally Posted by George View Post
    That's just a basic map drawing.
    Mansion probably looks even smaller but in-game it's huge, don't judge maps by the draws lol.
    I know....

  6. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Posts
    493
    Thanked
    439
    Thanks
    98
    Keep up the good work! Would love to see more, as you prolly know this map is mostly used for the Infected mode. Is there something on the map that will have any affect on Infected?

  7. #6
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Posts
    16,576
    Thanked
    1,699
    Thanks
    5,394
    Originally Posted by BártFG View Post
    Keep up the good work! Would love to see more, as you prolly know this map is mostly used for the Infected mode. Is there something on the map that will have any affect on Infected?
    Nope really, unless I add an extra area to fight in.
    The idea behind is to fix the quality of the map (remove bugs/glitches/fix texture work/lightmapping).

  8. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Posts
    493
    Thanked
    439
    Thanks
    98
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Nope really, unless I add an extra area to fight in.
    The idea behind is to fix the quality of the map (remove bugs/glitches/fix texture work/lightmapping).
    Will you remove looking through the ceiling?

  9. #8
    Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Posts
    1,048
    Thanked
    202
    Thanks
    129
    Originally Posted by BártFG View Post
    Will you remove looking through the ceiling?
    Indeed some thicker ceilings might work xD

  10. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Posts
    493
    Thanked
    439
    Thanks
    98
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Back again on Asylum since I cannot remember where I left it and I am working on this when I feel like to and might share it eventually.
    The whole map should be more clean compared to the original one (working by x2 ; x128, x256, x512 and so on to it will be easier to fit textures, no stretching and stuff).
    This also should get rid of glitches, lower map size itself (might help with fps?) and other stuffies.


    Step 1: Import original map, so we can base the whole map of it

    Step 2: First work out all the walls and add some depth in certain walls (no single walls on certain spots like red base)

    Step 3: Work out the floors

    Step 4: Work out objects

    Step 5: Work out the ceiling

    Step 6: Add new area's if needed/feel like doing so

    Step 7: Textures

    Step 8: Collision

    Step 9: Lightmapping & spawns

    Step 10: Testing time!




    [B]Progess

    http://i.imgur.com/0HyDf1j.png
    ^, where's the underground & jails?

  11. #10
    Buddhism's Avatar Freestyler

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Posts
    546
    Thanked
    284
    Thanks
    150
    good luck with your project
    i was buggin on an insane trip, my wifey showed me the light==
    soul elevation thru the twin flame tip, yeah, it just us, we are feeling so right
    in pursuit of justice from spaceships, we will always be whole in our Sameness
    sewn like seeds of a star, on our wayback to Oasis
    doing good deeds from a far, destroying the matrix
    WE are not caught up in the matrix
    WE have no fear, escaping that trick be so basic
    this is our world, let us stage it
    learn to love yourselves, then re arrange it
    blessed, we have the chance to give others sight
    we know trueth and what's wrong from what right
    doin due diligence, burning the midnight oil all night
    my wings are growing, aye embrace hers and take flight

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)