Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Just a quick intro about me,
    My name is Kenny, I started GunZ 8 years ago and joined FGunZ 7 years ago. I haven't played GunZ in around 5 or so years until now.
    After GunZ I moved towards competitive action shooters such as Quake, T:A, CS, Dirty Bomb, etc. I'm going to use my experience in these games to explain how this game could be improved.

I've played for about 2 hours and this is a thread where I'm going to mention things that I think have been implemented incorrectly, shouldn't be there at all, or should be changed.

I can upload multiple videos proving that this game is infact broken but I don't want to go to those lengths.

1. Meta game
    95% of servers I've seen today all use the instant reload room modifier. Imo this has completely broken the meta game, people can just reload shot spam to their hearts content. All this modifier really does is buff the shotgun by increasing its fire rate and removing the need for reloading (which played a HUGE part in the early GunZ meta game where timed reloads and positioning were very important).

It's a fun thing I suppose but imo it kills a large part of the "thinking" required in this game. There needs to be some sort of restriction, I don't see why 9/10 servers are using such an EZ mode option.

The meta game should revolve purely around positioning and aim, with weapon choice being a large secondary factor. For many, many years the shotgun remains the #1 choice for dueling. Since GunZ has such fast paced movement the shotgun is really the only gun that can keep up due to its spread. Imo other weapons need to be buffed to make them more viable. I'll explain more on that later

2. Hitboxes and anti-lead
    Anti-lead is still broken. It's come a long way from what it used to be but it's still not working properly. It's more than obvious that the game DOES NOT use client sided checks for hit registration (and if it does, then something is terribly wrong). I play this game with an average ping between 250-400 and while some shots do register, others are completely ****ed (possibly due to hitboxes).

I usually play with pistols and I'll get 5 confirmed hits with 48 dmg pistol, only to see my opponents hp is 89/132 and ap 11/112. Seriously? It's hard enough to get shots off with a pistol against someone dashing around but 5 48 damage shots do practically nothing. I need like 10 pistols (480 dmg) just to actually get the kill. This just extends upon my point that no gun in this game is really viable except the shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDK...ature=youtu.be
    Seriously what in the world is this? An 84 dmg sniper only does 24 dmg on the second shot... clearly something wrong here

3. Weapons
    Not much to say Weapons apart from the shotgun need to be unbuffed. Pistols should be buffed strongly and fire rate reduced, so you are rewarded if you can hit the shot while slash shotting. Rifles also need to be buffed damage wise and increased in weight/slow you down further so you have less mobility.

This game has been shotgun centric for way too long and that's pretty much only because the game has remained unbalanced. You should play around with weapons, increase the damage of weapons with higher skill ceilings and just experiment.

The sniper needs to have FOV scaling enabled. Zooming in pretty much doubles the sensitivity and makes it that much harder to hit anything, with ridiculous recoil that's instantaneous (put a delay after the shot).

I hope to see things fixed and some changes implemented within the next patch, there's been a lot of great changes so far but I think there's a few more things need to be tinkered with.
    Last edited by kennny; 08-14-2015 at 12:37 PM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to kennny for this useful post:

Strain (08-14-2015), Syzygy (08-14-2015)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Although I don't like a bunch of room tags either, it's too late to remove them since the players are used to it.
    Most people will vote no to remove the room tags.

The distance between players highly affects the anti-lead.
    I'm not surprised that a lot of your hits don't register with a ping of 250-400.

A way to make it more "reliable" is to move the anti-lead to the server, but that will make all hits register a lot slower so that's not really an option.

The damage counter is also client sided, it doesn't confirm that you actually hit the person with that amount of damage.

I could look into the weapon balancement for the next client version.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    [r] should be only allowed for training rooms imo.

5. The following 2 users say thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Bunny (08-24-2015), Syzygy (08-14-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Sorry Kenny, don't want to be a bitch but, nobody is really gonna care, they wont do anything about it or try to improve or, implement something to help. If they do, *clap clap* .....there's been people who want to change or fix things, but they've been pushed aside, or thrown out of the community because they want change.

Jitse the god

Thanks
    Nah waepons are fine..

kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Sorry Kenny, don't want to be a bitch but, nobody is really gonna care, they wont do anything about it or try to improve or, implement something to help. If they do, *clap clap* .....there's been people who want to change or fix things, but they've been pushed aside, or thrown out of the community because they want change.
    i agree 40% people just are too used to the fg we have today and are scared of change, i just hope the new developer Jetman82 will make fg better for all of us, I'm sure they could think of a solution to please all of us.

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    1. cool pulling stats out of thin air
    stop playing against bads

2. nothing can really be done about it

3. smh

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    i agree 40% people just are too used to the fg we have today and are scared of change, i just hope the new developer Jetman82 will make fg better for all of us, I'm sure they could think of a solution to please all of us.

More like 90% and Fg wont get better lol. You will get add-ons, that's about it.

11. The following user said thank you to Finx for this useful post:

YoungSavagÉ (08-15-2015)

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    I'd like to see it change, would actually add up to a totally different game-experience. Although the game would offer a lot less diversity without roomtags (I do admit [R] gets abused though).

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Got an example?

Also keep in mind that we only have ONE active coder who is not fully experienced with the GunZ source yet.
    Making changes is not as easy as you guys think, which unfortunately, most people don't understand for some reason.

People are like "just do this" or "just do that". No. It's not that simple.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

14. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

SuperShotty (08-14-2015)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information