Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thanks
    balance shouldn't be adjusted because the anti-lead metagame is not well understood yet. it's changed how the game is played in some very complex ways, but from what i've seen the players have not yet really adjusted to the extent that they could. it's like everybody silently agreed to keep playing as ifthere were lead, yet everybody can just hit more easily now. if the meta game were properly developed everybody would probably be clamoring for revs to be nerfed into oblivion. maybe rifles too. and don't get me started on snipers. awful weapons.

TDM might not even be a legit competitive mode if people start to adapt, but that depends on a lot of things, especially item spawn control and map layout. and personally, i think duel is already terrible because of anti-lead.

[r] is dumb but nerds will never stop playing it so our only option is to make tagless rooms and pray smart players join.

Real Girl

Thanks
    I take full responsibility if there are any issues with the anti-lead. I've been working a full-time job (40 hour work week, sometimes more) and I don't really have time to help this community anymore. That being said there is a problem and I want to identify and fix it.

There's obviously an issue with both the anti-lead and the damage counter. I will be investigating to see if there's anything we can do to help w/ the anti-lead portion, and I will have Jetman investigate the damage counter.

I believe either one of these are broke, and chances are from what I have witnessed, it's probably the damage counter.

We'll see either way. I want to get the anti-lead fixed for you all either way if there is indeed a problem.

Can you provide an example of a weapon type that has issues with the anti-lead? Is it primarily shotguns? Revolvers? Please let me know, I'm going through this because this is my weekend to actually get this fixed.
    Last edited by SecretsOTheP; 08-23-2015 at 06:33 AM.

3. The following 4 users say thank you to SecretsOTheP for this useful post:

Art (08-24-2015), Jonathan pls (08-23-2015), nightbloom (08-23-2015), PrincessNate (08-23-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
    I take full responsibility if there are any issues with the anti-lead. I've been working a full-time job (40 hour work week, sometimes more) and I don't really have time to help this community anymore. That being said there is a problem and I want to identify and fix it.

There's obviously an issue with both the anti-lead and the damage counter. I will be investigating to see if there's anything we can do to help w/ the anti-lead portion, and I will have Jetman investigate the damage counter.

I believe either one of these are broke, and chances are from what I have witnessed, it's probably the damage counter.

We'll see either way. I want to get the anti-lead fixed for you all either way if there is indeed a problem.

Can you provide an example of a weapon type that has issues with the anti-lead? Is it primarily shotguns? Revolvers? Please let me know, I'm going through this because this is my weekend to actually get this fixed.
    primarily shotguns

dmg counter is pretty broken on certain players, also it doesn't update when you do a killing blow with revolvers

sometime hits doesn't apply on whatever weapon, usually happens when matched against high ping or crap nets, you can notice that easily with snipers (people dieing with 3 hits when you can kill with only 2 hits on [v])

Real Girl

Thanks
    So we've done a small investigation and there's a high chance this will be fixed with the new patch that's coming out soon. It will fix an unrelated issue regarding player positioning, and as a result, the anti-lead will be more reliable against higher ping players. Here's what I think is happening:

-A client says it's at a future position
    -Your client is at another position
    -The hit! sound plays and registers but only specific parts of the game get triggered, which includes the hit sound, up until the anti-lead code.
    -When the anti-lead code is triggered, and the person is at a future position, it will think they're at the old position and will not send the packet, and not execute any code past this point.

We'll see with the patch coming up soon if the fix we did actually works and then revisit this topic if it persists.

Thank you all for reporting information regarding this issue; it's helping us debug the issue.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to SecretsOTheP for this useful post:

nightbloom (08-23-2015), S1lent (08-24-2015)

Country
    Thanks
    So we've done a small investigation and there's a high chance this will be fixed with the new patch that's coming out soon. It will fix an unrelated issue regarding player positioning, and as a result, the anti-lead will be more reliable against higher ping players. Here's what I think is happening:

-The hit! sound plays and registers but only specific parts of the game get triggered, which includes the hit sound, up until the anti-lead code.
    -When the anti-lead code is triggered, and the person is at a future position, it will think they're at the old position and will not send the packet, and not execute any code past this point.

We'll see with the patch coming up soon if the fix we did actually works and then revisit this topic if it persists.

Thank you all for reporting information regarding this issue; it's helping us debug the issue.

will these recent hitbox hack related shit finally be patched? don't know if this is your department but i'm just wonderin. ))

Johnny's Avatar freemyboysojin

Thanks
    remove accel vials from cw while u at it
    Click for my gunz highlights

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by nightbloom View Post
    will these recent hitbox hack related shit finally be patched? don't know if this is your department but i'm just wonderin. ))
    Realistically, hack patching will be a cat-and-mouse game at this point. I cannot say for certain specifics, however, most hacks are patched after an update because of the way they are designed. I know who the hack designer is at this point and it's a matter of if they update their hacks.

Long-term? I don't think there's a permanent solution to the issue but we can certainly play cat and mouse with updates and changes. I'm more surprised it took the time it did for it to spread than anything else, considering the hack in question has been out for 6 months at this point.

I fully expect them to update the hack, however. I am not a fan of saying 'hacks are fixed', or 'hacks are patched', or anything like that. Because if I did say that, I'd be lying out my teeth. As you've seen on here, I don't like telling people 'ur hack is detected lol by bann ' immediately, I much rather ban with 100% certainty and be as vague as possible.

Furthermore, the GM team will be going through some revamps regarding what they can do and cannot do. I think a lot of the reason hacks spread so much is because of dishonesty within the staff team and how they handle bans, and player trust is important to us - GMs saying exactly what players got banned for is going to stop in general. And I fully expect us to create a privacy policy so rumors stay rumors.

In the case of shared accounts, we are going to not assist in these cases, so I recommend everyone to secure their account right now. We'll only speak with the original account owner after a verification process, about why they got banned. Even then, the answer will be vague - Observed using third party tools, scammed another player out of their account, performed an action that violates the FreeStyle GunZ code of conduct etc - going forward I think there will be a lot less issues of being muted/suspended/banned without concrete/not enough evidence and rumors about 'this guy got banned for x and this guy got banned for y' will stop.

When that privacy policy gets implemented, this will include GMs in that policy - you will not talk about your bans in public, you will create appeals in private. Attempting to harass the staff into disclosing your ban reason will result in forum account suspension/termination. Repeat offenders will be banned ingame. Extra special people will receive HWID bans. This policy will apply to GMs as well - if you see a GM violating this rule post-ban policy, you can report those to Dave or McSic as that's going to be considered a huge breach of privacy policies. Please note that this privacy policy is NOT in effect yet, and will be reviewed by Dave/McSic before going live for all players/GMs.

Ultimately bans/suspensions/mutes will still remain GM influenced and not lead administrative influenced, however, I believe this will alleviate some of the ban/hacking concerns.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks

Snipers when you hit someones foot. 50% of the time it deals full weapon damage at the damage counter but hits the target for 0 dmg. Hitting with a sniper for full damage at the damage counter is strange itself since it commonly deals less damage then it's potential or none at all.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks

That makes a lot of sense to me, that explains why it shows hit and plays the hit sound but no dmg is done sometimes. It seems to do it with any weapon used, rare on lower ping players but ive seen it still happen, seems to happen more often when players have high pings to each other. Yay. Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information