Donator

Thanks
    I've been unable to take screenshots since the update.

Most often it's just a solid black picture. Sometimes it's another color.

Any ideas?

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Is your monitor overclocked by some reason? (Did you OC it's Hz/refresh rate?)

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Are you using the print screen key on your keyboard or are you hitting f12 ingame?
    From what you are saying it sounds like you are trying to take a screenshot with the print screen key while in fullscreen.
    When a game is in fullscreen (not always but often) it basically is on a seperate display and once you take a screenshot it ends up black as the display you just took a screenshot from is the wrong one, empty (black).
    Instead of using the print screen key id recommend using fraps or other capture software that features a screenshot function for taking screenshots in fullscreen games.

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Are you using the print screen key on your keyboard or are you hitting f12 ingame?
    From what you are saying it sounds like you are trying to take a screenshot with the print screen key while in fullscreen.
    When a game is in fullscreen (not always but often) it basically is on a seperate display and once you take a screenshot it ends up black as the display you just took a screenshot from is the wrong one, empty (black).
    Instead of using the print screen key id recommend using fraps or other capture software that features a screenshot function for taking screenshots in fullscreen games.
    Sorry i forgot to check my post. The problem is still ongoing. I can't take any screenshots at all, which sucks because i always record every cw to be safe of false reports.

And no, I'm using the f12 button in game.

It produces images like this, this and this.

What an assortment of colours.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by George View Post
    Is your monitor overclocked by some reason? (Did you OC it's Hz/refresh rate?)
    Nope. Didn't OC the monitor. And I've not changed any settings since the previous years updates.

My in-game FPS is locked to 200 that's all.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Could be a really weird and exotic directx issue with your hardware & driver setup.
    Did you use 3rd party software yet to take screenshots with the same result? ie fraps.

Thread Information