Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion title:
    Change (poison)smoke grenades to produce smoke every time.

Suggestion description:
    Make it so the poison smoke grenades produce smoke every time. I always found it somewhat odd that the smoke grenades didn't always produce visible smoke, since you know...they are smoke grenades... I would say fix, but some may disagree since it was always like this, so i will suggest to change/alter them.

They already cause some people to have low fps when used, amazingly...so why not, since the purpose of a smoke grenade is to be used as a screening device for movement. Although i do love the fact that they double as a poison dmg weapon.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    We have to fix the texture.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    I dont even the problem.
    First time i hear anything about bugged smoke grenades.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    It kinda happens rarely when you throw them all after one another, 1 or 2 might or might not produce smoke. Not that some people really notice since their framerate has gone to crap by then anyway.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    The only weird thing that i've noticed about smoke grenades is the dmg counter of it (bugged or w/e) deals like 1k dmg with one smoke grenade but the enemy stays high lb

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    As of currently, i can throw 12 and none of them make any smoke...in the past at least a few of them would make smoke. This is on a fresh install of the game, wiping all the files except the launcher and letting it download the most recent file versions. I will assume like StephanM said, the texture needs to be fixed.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    As of currently, i can throw 12 and none of them make any smoke...in the past at least a few of them would make smoke. This is on a fresh install of the game, wiping all the files except the launcher and letting it download the most recent file versions. I will assume like StephanM said, the texture needs to be fixed.
    interesting, they work fine for me. Maybe you dissabled something that causes this to happen (effect turned to low perhaps?).

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    ok, i got 1 to work after throwing about 40 to 50 of them or so. lol tried a bunch of different settings, had no effect, i play on high though.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Doing some other comparison testing...

Update:

O.K. so i finished that... i used a different (official) client to compare this with the Fgunz client.

Same settings on both, with fgunz special settings all disabled or turned off.

fgunz client: 250 fps smoke appears rarely, 1000 fps smoke appears rarely
    other client: 250 fps smoke appears rarely, 1000 fps smoke appears always

Thats all i can really say.
    Last edited by S1lent; 09-20-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information