Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fourth View Post
    ay yo man, I loved that 1999 shit by joey bada$$, that shit was solid dope. I can't stop listening to it, it's like, he's currently underrated. I'm impressed cuz the dude started rappin at 16 and his flow is just impressively sick. I personally love his track "carry on", that was sick af, I forgot the title of the song that he dedicated to one of his brothers in prison.

Makes me happy that I came back to visit the hip-hop scene. As I stated on my previous posts, I've been on the rock/metal scene for the past 6-10 years to the point where it got repetitive a bit, I was looking for something new and decided to go back and listen to some hip-hop. I grew up listening to rap hip-hop so the feeling is kinda nostalgic for me right now. Any artists like joey bada$$ tho?

P.S. Thanks
    You can check out the whole Pro Era crew.

Or Beastcoast people:
    The Underachievers
    Capital Steez (Pro Era as well, sadly passed away)
    Kirk Knight
    CJ Fly
    Dirty Sanchez

Check some Mick Jenkins, he's slept on hard (suggesting Jazz to start)

Listen to the new album from statik selektah he has some dope beats with killer rhymes from his features

I am personally really in to the A$AP Mob, Especially A$AP Rocky
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Again View Post
    You can check out the whole Pro Era crew.

Or Beastcoast people:
    The Underachievers
    Capital Steez (Pro Era as well, sadly passed away)
    Kirk Knight
    CJ Fly
    Dirty Sanchez

Check some Mick Jenkins, he's slept on hard (suggesting Jazz to start)

Listen to the new album from statik selektah he has some dope beats with killer rhymes from his features

I am personally really in to the A$AP Mob, Especially A$AP Rocky
    All these artists makin me re-think that em's the best mang. Ayt, I'll check these dudes out.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

Military's Avatar 100 Grandkids.

Country
    Thanks
    If you like the agressiveness listen to Big L.

Madvillainy is a classic.

AZ' shit is dope for starters ''The Come Up'', ''Rather Unique'', ''The Format'' from there you can find out if you'll like him I guess

Gang Starr if you want some knowledge thrown at your brain.

Black on Both Sides - Mos Def

GZA - Liquid Swords

The new shit from Ghostface killah is dope, Sour Soul and TRTD(1 and 2 are dope as well)

If you want more suggestions just PM me, instead of me flooding this thread, I guess. I can give you the full hip hop starter pack and more.

Last one: if you like fast flow hard hitting beats with psychedlic raps and all other shit The Underachievers are for you. Listen to Herb Shuttles, might be a good start.
    I pretty much forgot The Come Up /:

Gr3yscale's Avatar Vanta Von Vicious

Country
    Thanks
    I thought everyone agreed that Eminems music back in the day was good, now not so much. Except for fitting a shitton of words into a song. w/e

Clearly a lot of people in this thread know about Eminem and they know about Tupac and Biggie as far as Dear Mama, Hit 'em up, Juicy and Who Shot Ya? go.

Missing out on rappers like Guru, Nas, Az, duo Mobb Deep, duo Black star, Jay-Z in his old days, Heltah Skeltah, Big L, Big Pun, Wu-Tang (especially GZA), ATCQ, De La Soul, Souls of Mischief, Mos Def, MF DOOM, Lauryn Hill, KRS-One, Jurassic 5, Eric B & Rakim.

Is just stupid. An Album like Illmatic is arguably the best HH album ever made, way better than any full project Em has ever released. Yes Eminem was a good rapper and a good Freestyler but the best? Hell ****ing no.

These artists are some out the top of my head, could probably go on for hours if I wanted to. I kept them somewhat oldschool as well, to better compare them to Eminem cause I can't say in all honesty that I would still be listening to his full albums, and if you don't do that your opinion on someones work doesn't count, in my opinion of course. So to be fair I picked more old school artists to be more fair.

I'd pick Biggie and Nas over Eminem all day.

EDIT: The fact you're listing Meek Mill with these dudes means u don't really know a thing, my bad but it's true.
    This guy knows what's up. Illmatic is my #1 album.

As for Eminem....

'Nuff said.

PS: Cage > Eminem
    Last edited by Gr3yscale; 09-25-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Took me quite some time to check all these artists out since I work and barely have the time to go to these forums nowadays.

These suggestions took me to a different level on rap-music.

My conclusion:

Nas, Tupac, Biggie in no particular order are by far, the best rappers in the game to have ever existed in the history of humanity, they have claimed their rights to their throne. Personally, if I would rank them, it would be :

Nas > Tupac > Biggie

(tupac fans, pls dun rape me, it's just my opinion, also keep in mind that I love tupac, why else would he be in that top 3?)

Honorable mention of this generation goes to

Joey BadA$$, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar

Drake fans gonna be mad

Yes, I stand corrected. Eminem can not even be placed on this list. Why you ask? Simple. He lacks heart. These artists mentioned above have powerful lyricism, rhythmic rhyming, wordplay, I mean sure he raps very fast and everything sounds so powerful when he shouts them lyrics, but yo, he lost his touch way back. He's still good tho, I consider him one of the best, but not one of the best of all time.

Best album by far is Illmatic.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

Banned

Thanks
    Nobody is on Slim Shadys level and nobody produces material capable of being compared to his shit. Don't post a bunch of these low tier rappers and claim they're in his realm. Regardless of the material he puts out now - he's old as shit and probably has so much brain damage from drugs. Listen to all of the music he's created and listen to all of the shitty music those unsigned artists make

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jiiigglypuff View Post
    Nobody is on Slim Shadys level and nobody produces material capable of being compared to his shit. Don't post a bunch of these low tier rappers and claim they're in his realm. Regardless of the material he puts out now - he's old as shit and probably has so much brain damage from drugs. Listen to all of the music he's created and listen to all of the shitty music those unsigned artists make
    I lost you at ''nobody produces material capable of being compared to his shit''

ROFL.
    Again4FM

Banned

Thanks
    You're dumb ok bye

- - - Updated - - -

Plz post lyrics to one of your wack rappers and i'll post a line following it from Slim Shady

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jiiigglypuff View Post
    You're dumb ok bye

- - - Updated - - -

Plz post lyrics to one of your wack rappers and i'll post a line following it from Slim Shady
    what does that have to do with producing, do you even know anything about hip hop other than eminem?
    Again4FM

Banned

Thanks
    And perhaps you do? Please, all of the people you mentioned are influenced by him.

- - - Updated - - -

I've listened to the people you posted and have had friends who listen to them. Truly, they're not THAT great.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information