Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Chicken's Avatar WHY DAVE

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fourth View Post
    Meh, I don't like drake myself.

Just not my cup of tea I guess?

If I were to choose between him and good 'ol em, I'd choose 'em ofc.
    Yeah me too , i rather his older songs though , Drake doesn't really bring me that rap hype

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    Kendrick Lamar > J.Cole > Logic > Drake

To ppl who never listened to Logic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDH9RIqazjA

Logic has real meaning in his songs , Drake is bs tbh like "RUNNING THRU THE 6 WITH MY WOES" , what's a 6? I think Logic has way more talk than Drake , drake will refer water as alcohol in his songs , fk dat ok
    416 and 647 are two of three area codes for the city of Toronto.

As for woes, it’s not in reference to any problems. It’s an abbreviation for “Wardie”, New Orleans slang for people from the same ward (which sounds like “WHOA-dee” when pronounced with a New Orleans accent). Fellow Toronto rapper and OVO affiliate Devontée has said that “woe” also stands for “working on excellence”, although Drake has never confirmed it.

Drake’s home city of Toronto is divided into 44 wards, each with its own city councilor so even though the slang is southern, it still makes sense for the 6.

Referring to Toronto as “the 6” is basically something Drake invented and was not a widely used metonym before he tried to popularize it. Torontonians did not react positively.

Know yourself, know your worth. Next time when ur wondering what something means, rap genius is your friend.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Chicken's Avatar WHY DAVE

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Again View Post
    416 and 647 are two of three area codes for the city of Toronto.

As for woes, it’s not in reference to any problems. It’s an abbreviation for “Wardie”, New Orleans slang for people from the same ward (which sounds like “WHOA-dee” when pronounced with a New Orleans accent). Fellow Toronto rapper and OVO affiliate Devontée has said that “woe” also stands for “working on excellence”, although Drake has never confirmed it.

Drake’s home city of Toronto is divided into 44 wards, each with its own city councilor so even though the slang is southern, it still makes sense for the 6.

Referring to Toronto as “the 6” is basically something Drake invented and was not a widely used metonym before he tried to popularize it. Torontonians did not react positively.

Know yourself, know your worth. Next time when ur wondering what something means, rap genius is your friend.
    Logic still got more meaning in his songs , his voice too lol

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    Yeah me too , i rather his older songs though , Drake doesn't really bring me that rap hype
    One thing I have to point out and admit tho, is that, his BEATS are BEASTS. Goddamn, every headphones I try on any of his songs are just the Bomb bro. Prolly one of the only thing I like about his songs.

I'm an audiophile so I can listen to well refined tunes, from 20Hz up to roaring 40kHz. I tried multiple headsets for his songs from my Sony Collection to my Audio Technica sets to my Sennheiser professional grade headsets and Damn, those beats in his songs are fckin legit. I can say that they're well made out, definitely polished down to every frequency. But yo, Lyrics > Beats > Rhytms, period. Das why I can't compare this guy to Legends because his flow: Beats > Rhythms > Lyrics every single time. Gets boring if you ask me.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

yung's Avatar ∅ ≠ S → ∅

Country
    Thanks
    >comparing eminem to drake

BARBARR's Avatar hi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Praa View Post
    People only talk about tupac and biggie? what about ice cube? eazy-E? Run Dmc?
    G-EAZY https://soundcloud.com/buygore/forbes

The Game ^^ https://soundcloud.com/skrillex/the-game-el-chapo

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information