Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Such as?
    You know what nvm, Just decline it like any other good suggestion. I don't care anymore.
    you can bitch and moan all you want, but there's a very clear reason why there aren't any custom (and good looking) sets for gunz. one is there's barely any, if any, devs that are capable of making a set from scratch.

the only 2 people i'm aware of that have made a 100% custom set are me and lucas(Wucas). i made the male cloud set from scratch and lucas made the female maka set. now let's be honest, theyre both pretty ugly. that is because it's really ****ing hard and time consuming (talking about days) to make sets, or even normal weapons, from scratch and honestly it's not even worth the effort.

or you could take the easy way out and import a set from another game, but there's a lot of problems with this (other than moral): proportions and style rarely match that of gunz. for example, it would be weird for an anime character to walk around in gunz, no matter how much i want that. or imagine a WoW in Gunz, it just doesnt work.

ive been taking the middle ground for this: i import parts of sets and remake them from scratch so they fit in gunz. this literally takes hours to do, and still not worth it

even if you import the set from another game, you still have to do the most annoying part of making a set, rigging: ie making the set follow the animations. you get a thousand and one glitches before you can call it somewhat 'finished'. basically this step decides wether the set is fit to be put in game or not, if the rigging isnt done well, no matter how godly the set looks, it wont be put in.

*******skip here for tl;dr******

now, your set looks nice and all, but there's clearly some problems with it, mainly in the rigging.
    Spoiler!

those are some major problems, even for our low low standards. there's even a random polygon flying around!!!

let me be real with you, you got scammed. hard. even if you only paid a dollar.
    any dimwit with half a brain could do this, there's tons of tutorials around and even one made specifically for gunz by wucas. all it takes is googling around an hour for tutorials to do this.
    if you do not have a .max file, you got scammed even harder: you do not own this set, you can only use it. without that .max file, we cant fix this, no matter how much we want to.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

Shino (10-13-2015), Traumatiser (10-14-2015), Zachary (10-13-2015)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ZAIN
    the only 2 people i'm aware of that have made a 100% custom set are me and lucas(Wucas). i made the male cloud set from scratch and lucas made the female maka set. now let's be honest, theyre both pretty ugly. that is because it's really ****ing hard and time consuming (talking about days) to make sets, or even normal weapons, from scratch and honestly it's not even worth the effort.
    Nagi made a nice Luffy if I am correct.

4. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Sonji (10-14-2015)

Thanks
    Are we really talking about the legality of the servers bug-less items, when there's a serious issue of your face disappearing when you have avatar + clothes equipped and with the new update you can't even find avatar items? I say just add the damn thing in, it looks great.

Also I'll agree with you Zain, people really can't make custom items, because every single custom item in the bounty shop is absolutely horrid (minus your cute idol set).
    Last edited by lkaros; 10-14-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by lkaros View Post
    Are we really talking about the legality of the servers bug-less items, when there's a serious issue of your face disappearing when you have avatar + clothes equipped and with the new update you can't even find avatar items? I say just add the damn thing in, it looks great.

Also I'll agree with you Zain, people really can't make custom items, because every single custom item in the bounty shop is absolutely horrid (minus your cute idol set).
    The custom swords look kinda nice (they do feel short though). But apart from weapons the rest does look ''weird'' most of the time since it doesn't mix well with the default gunz items.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    The custom swords look kinda nice (they do feel short though). But apart from weapons the rest does look ''weird'' most of the time since it doesn't mix well with the default gunz items.
    Yeah, I meant to say clothing sets. The in game items look fine, and I'm happy with our developers who were able to make them. It's just a huge disparity between the amount of custom weapons we have VS custom sets. Despite what we say about MAIET they had some damn good artists that were able to create some great sets in a short amount of time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information