Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Btw bae, I forgot to tell you. Don't mind the shutter speed for now as you'll find it pretty useless if you're not really gonna be taking snaps of fast moving objects. EVEN IF you'll take fast moving objects, 4 frames per second should do. What you want to do is narrow down what kind of photography you're going to get into. Whatever brand you go for, go get a dslr camera that has interchangable lenses so in-case you want to try a different approach in taking photographs, you can change into a macro lens, wide lens, zoom lens etc. Also, this allows you to have the option to sell your camera or trade it to something better a lot easier.

Remember this is an entry level dslr you're looking for and as you progress, you'll want to try something bigger, something more complex than just snapping pics right out of the blue. This is why I'd go for Sony's alpha series any time of the day, as they're compatible with 95% of all carl zeiss lenses.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

2. The following user said thank you to Fourth for this useful post:

Shino (10-27-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fourth View Post
    Btw bae, I forgot to tell you. Don't mind the shutter speed for now as you'll find it pretty useless if you're not really gonna be taking snaps of fast moving objects. EVEN IF you'll take fast moving objects, 4 frames per second should do. What you want to do is narrow down what kind of photography you're going to get into. Whatever brand you go for, go get a dslr camera that has interchangable lenses so in-case you want to try a different approach in taking photographs, you can change into a macro lens, wide lens, zoom lens etc. Also, this allows you to have the option to sell your camera or trade it to something better a lot easier.

Remember this is an entry level dslr you're looking for and as you progress, you'll want to try something bigger, something more complex than just snapping pics right out of the blue. This is why I'd go for Sony's alpha series any time of the day, as they're compatible with 95% of all carl zeiss lenses.
    Is there any particular model you'd recommend for the alpha series? Around the £200 price range ($300).
    The only thing is, if I get a sony camera, I'm unable to use any nikon/canon lenses so I'm stuck with sony lenses until I change the body. If I buy more lenses, then I'm going to have to stick with a sony camera.

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    Is there any particular model you'd recommend for the alpha series? Around the £200 price range ($300).
    The only thing is, if I get a sony camera, I'm unable to use any nikon/canon lenses so I'm stuck with sony lenses until I change the body. If I buy more lenses, then I'm going to have to stick with a sony camera.
    Sony Alpha 100. Perfect entry level camera. If you check amazon, there's a lot of bundled prices with lenses and body.

I remember seing one priced for $248.00, shipping included. Here in the Philippines, I can easily buy one for $250.00. Around $180.00 if it's a 2nd hand device.

To be honest with you bro, I'd go for a 2nd hand camera. But that's just me. What I'm worried about is how long you're going to be interested on a specific model before you get bored with it. I had this thing for years until I upgraded into a professional camera. If you think you can cash out more than $300.00, let's say.... around $400, then you'd be amazed with what Sony can offer with your money.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    While i do agree with fourth's opinion on sony. you must remember that you're just entering this field and you'll need all the support and accessories within arms reach and sony definitely does not have that as they are not well known to the public for their dslrs

I personally got an a200 which is about 5 years old now and only 10 megapixels but the images it takes are crisp and true in tone. and just for that i say, you shouldn't get a sony product as they are amazing out of the box in auto mode but manual is a total pain to configure and everything is proprietary from batteries to even remotes which you cant even find, heck i cant find a new lens now let alone find a place that services the camera (btw mine has these big rectangle memory cards that you must get an adaptor for in order to read them on a pc).

A canon however will force you to tweak the settings and learn photography more through their more complex/confusing interface. they also support regular SD cards. did i mention, any place with a camera isle would atleast have a sigma lens for sale or two.

At the end its still up to you since in my opinion all dslr's are the same. you just need to know the availability and price. since we all know you would just use it in auto mode anyways

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    While i do agree with fourth's opinion on sony. you must remember that you're just entering this field and you'll need all the support and accessories within arms reach and sony definitely does not have that as they are not well known to the public for their dslrs

I personally got an a200 which is about 5 years old now and only 10 megapixels but the images it takes are crisp and true in tone. and just for that i say, you shouldn't get a sony product as they are amazing out of the box in auto mode but manual is a total pain to configure and everything is proprietary from batteries to even remotes which you cant even find, heck i cant find a new lens now let alone find a place that services the camera (btw mine has these big rectangle memory cards that you must get an adaptor for in order to read them on a pc).

A canon however will force you to tweak the settings and learn photography more through their more complex/confusing interface. they also support regular SD cards. did i mention, any place with a camera isle would atleast have a sigma lens for sale or two.

At the end its still up to you since in my opinion all dslr's are the same. you just need to know the availability and price. since we all know you would just use it in auto mode anyways
    I actually forgot to mention what a pain it is to configure a Sony DSLR manually. Aside from this, I didn't experience anything that displeased my taste with Sony. 90% of people actually would go with auto mode, hell, even I still go auto when I can't find that right setting. BUT since Shino stated that he needs an entry level camera, any sony alpha's setting out of the box should be more than enough for an entry level user, don't you think so?

Sources: 8 years of photography, Been a Sales Consultant at Sony, Nikon and Sony DSLR owner.

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fourth View Post
    I actually forgot to mention what a pain it is to configure a Sony DSLR manually. Aside from this, I didn't experience anything that displeased my taste with Sony. 90% of people actually would go with auto mode, hell, even I still go auto when I can't find that right setting. BUT since Shino stated that he needs an entry level camera, any sony alpha's setting out of the box should be more than enough for an entry level user, don't you think so?

Sources: 8 years of photography, Been a Sales Consultant at Sony, Nikon and Sony DSLR owner.
    personally, i've had my eye on the Nikon D3300 for quite a while. My best friend has one of these and they told me that they'd absolutely 100% recommend it. It was their first camera as well and for an entry level they'd highly recommend it.
    The only negative thing i've heard from sony users is that the lens availability is very small. There's not many in the market which makes it really difficult for people to get a sony lens.

idk though, this is coming from someone who's never used a dslr before :p

8. The following user said thank you to Shino for this useful post:

Zachary (10-27-2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information