Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I would go for the Canon. Always had better results when I used the model/make.
    Let me know what type you buy and maybe later on PM me some images and how they turn out.

2. The following user said thank you to Zachary for this useful post:

Shino (10-27-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    Nikon is good for taking pictures of subjects
    Canon is good for landscapes

All dslrs are equally as great if you know how to use them and you have the right lenses for the job and shoot in RAW. imo get yourself a good used high megapixel camera that someone wants to get rid of since they usually come with extra lenses and accessories (lenses and accessories are the actual expensive stuff)

If i were to suggest, it would be any triple digit canon camera and if you can get yourself a double digit one that's even better.
    Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    I would go for the Canon. Always had better results when I used the model/make.
    Let me know what type you buy and maybe later on PM me some images and how they turn out.
    i'll most likely go for the canon 400D then, thank you both very much. i'll be sure to show you how the pictures turn out.

and yeah, everyones saying that i'll end up spending more on the lenses than the actual camera itself, that's why I want to go for a camera that wont let me down because once i stick with one, i'll most likely have to stick with it for quite a while. i'll probably stick with the 18-55mm that comes with the camera and invest in more later on.

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    I myself own the EOS 1100D Canon with sigma 30mm 1.4.
    They do not sell the 1100D anymore but it's quality is amazing, You should buy it second hand.
    Last edited by Rain; 10-27-2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: 100D too 1100D

5. The following user said thank you to Rain for this useful post:

Shino (10-27-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    I myself own the EOS 1100D Canon with sigma 30mm 1.4.
    They do not sell the 1100D anymore but it's quality is amazing, You should buy it second hand.
    That's an expensive lens!!

I'll look into the 1100D as well. It's fairly cheap and I'll most likely end up buying it second hand anyway.

Fgunz Streamer

Country
    Thanks
    I mean what kind of shot are you trying to take ? Landscape, Portrait , or just looking for something for all uses?

This is what i use for everyday shots http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/ca...5mm-is-stm-kit
    Last edited by Art; 10-27-2015 at 04:38 PM.

8. The following user said thank you to Art for this useful post:

Shino (10-27-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I mean what kind of shot are you trying to take ? Landscape, Portrait , or just looking for something for all uses?

This is what i use for everyday shots http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/ca...5mm-is-stm-kit
    all round, although the 70d is quite a bit above my budget.

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    I was the head photographer in my high school class for awhile. I always went with a Canon camera, but you can pretty much use anything with a Camera lens now a days to get a great shot. I wouldn't go all out to get a fancy camera if you're just looking at it as a hobby.

11. The following user said thank you to Sonji for this useful post:

Shino (10-27-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sonji View Post
    I was the head photographer in my high school class for awhile. I always went with a Canon camera, but you can pretty much use anything with a Camera lens now a days to get a great shot. I wouldn't go all out to get a fancy camera if you're just looking at it as a hobby.
    right now, my iphone takes some great quality pictures. i'd just like to be more in control of the pictures i take which is why i'm looking for a dslr. it's just there's so many out there and i have no clue which one would be the best investment to make.

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    somewhere among you nerds there's got to be someone interested in photography

if so, what's a good introductory-level DSLR, i'm looking around the £200 price range ($300). i'd check google but i'd like someone who isn't being paid to review the product to help me out...

thank u, if u cant help me then please let the thread die in peace
    Dunno if you read it here in forums before but I worked for Sony in the past. Nikon/Olympus/Sony/Canon is of course, the choices anyone would actually go for. I suggest that you go for Sony's alpha series, the entry level will allow you to explore what you're actually into. PM me if you're still interested as I own two of these babies, namely Sony and Nikon. And out of the two, I'd go with Sony, but meh I'm biased as I'm a Sony fanboy. I originally wanted to go for Olympus or Canon but meh, these are two overrated cameras.

Pro tip: Don't go for something above 12 mp for now. I can go into details for you bae, but it requires serious talk. So again, send me a whisper if you want to get into the details.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

14. The following user said thank you to Fourth for this useful post:

Shino (10-27-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fourth View Post
    Dunno if you read it here in forums before but I worked for Sony in the past. Nikon/Olympus/Sony/Canon is of course, the choices anyone would actually go for. I suggest that you go for Sony's alpha series, the entry level will allow you to explore what you're actually into. PM me if you're still interested as I own two of these babies, namely Sony and Nikon. And out of the two, I'd go with Sony, but meh I'm biased as I'm a Sony fanboy. I originally wanted to go for Olympus or Canon but meh, these are two overrated cameras.

Pro tip: Don't go for something above 12 mp for now. I can go into details for you bae, but it requires serious talk. So again, send me a whisper if you want to get into the details.
    thank you very much! yeah, camera companies keep increasing megapixels to convince us that they're making changes to the camera, in reality anything around 6-7 is fine in terms of photo quality.

16. The following user said thank you to Shino for this useful post:

Fourth (10-27-2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information