Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    4 days left until Halloween! Here's an Offtopic question to go along with this event: What're you/your pet/your friends gonna be for Halloween (if you dress up, provide pictures if you'd like!) Anyone who provides a picture along with what they are for Halloween this year will receive an event point for the spirit.

Anyway, moving onto the event itself.

Description
    As explained in the title, I'd like you all to write a spooky Halloween story. You may provide pictures (drawings, in-game, etc.) anything to bring your story to life.
    There will be 4 winners decided amongst the staff and they shall be rewarded with 5 event points each.

Rules
    • No editing your post/double posting after posting your story/offtopic question.
    • The TOS applies here.
    • One (1) story per entry. You may only enter one time.
    • The spooky story you provide cannot be plagiarized in any way.
    • If you choose to include someone in your story, you must have their permission first.
    • Along with the rule above, you will not include anything insulting to/about a person in your story.
    • Story length must be atleast 60 words to be considered a story. Thinking mathematically, that's
      10 words per line - 6 lines.
    • Write your story as grammatically correct as you can please.

Format
    Story title:

Story:
    (make sure to provide any pictures while the story progresses/after the story)

In-Game Name:
    Now you don't have to put it in the hurdur format, you may post it like so:
    Story Title

Story goes here.
    After the story, obviously provide your in-game name.

Information
    • The deadline of this event is October 30th, 11:59 PM (EASTERN US/CANADA TIME)
    • Adding pictues to your story gives a better chance of it getting chosen *hint*
    • Your theme must be halloween/scary based.

Good luck and I'd like to wish you all an early happy Halloween, be safe.

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 30TH, 11:59 PM (EASTERN/CANADA TIME)

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Camel (10-27-2015), Corrupt (10-27-2015), Eran (10-27-2015), Fay (10-27-2015)

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    One more time.

It was the night of Halloween, Adam had been going out with some friends, when he walked back home saw someone some kids going door to door asking for some candy. He smiled and thougt about the good memories he had from his childhood, this is where my story begins...

Adam had been excited for over a week, Halloween was coming near and he wanted to wear the scariest costume he could think of. He thought and he thought, but he couldn't think of anything that was scary enough. He searched on the internet for some idea's, he found a costume online and bought it. When Halloween was finally there he made a scary basket from a pumpkin and went with some friend to the houses in the neighbourhood. They had a lot of fun, but there was only one house left. The house, Oakstreet 21, had been abandoned since the owners died there. For some strange reason, there was a light turned on and off in the house. Adam was curious and went to see what was going on, he rang the doorbell and the door opened without anyone standing at there to open it. He and his friends were scared, but encouraged themselves to enter the house. The house was empty, only some old chairs and a table were left. When they wanted to go out of the house, there was a scary creature blocking the way.

The children screamed and didn't know what to do, Adam had never been so scared in his life. Then, someone turned on the light and started laughing. He explained to the children that the creature was actually a robot he had been controlling with a device. The still startled children laughed a bit and finally went out of the house back home. At home Adam told the story to his parents and enjoyed the rest of Halloween.

Adam chuckled a bit and walked down the street, he stopped at the spot where the house, Oakstreet 21, used to be. He watched the new playground and saw a group of children eating the candy that they had collected during the evening. He wished that he would be able to experience it one more time. Just, one more time.

IGN: ^7Memoria^D

4. The following user said thank you to Fay for this useful post:

braazts (10-28-2015)

Aito's Avatar Anthony

Country
    Thanks
    Hello I’m Anthony, I’m currently a junior studying Mechanical Engineering in college. Around a year ago, I was a lazy bum, I didn’t have direction in my life, and I didn’t know what I wanted to do. People often asked me, “What do you want to do as an engineer?” I always replied, “Build and program”; to what specifics, I had no clue. I stumbled upon a position at NASA last October, and that changed my life. I honestly had a small dying passion for space, but to be there in the space environment, that re-enforced it. Skip forward a year, I was offered a full-time position and my new goal is to finish school and pursue that career path.

On the top of school, I had a Thermodynamics and Differential Equations Exam a week ago, if I fail it, I might have to drop those classes. I also have a Dynamics and Principals of Electrical Engineering Exam this week that will ultimately have the deciding factor in my position in the class. Do I pass these exam? Or do I fail…?

Happy Halloween.

IGN: ^CAito^9
    Last edited by Michi; 10-28-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Aim high and work hard, everyone is a "lazy genius".
    IGN: Aito

Mousse's Avatar The Canine Conjurer

Country
    Thanks
    Candles and Chair

3 years ago when I was living with my Auntie Rosa in a rural city full of crops and rice fields like every house that was build there is like a quarter mile away from each other.
    It was a peaceful day. Just watching at the cloudy mountains from a distant beyond an empty road. I was standing in front our house, our house that was made almost entirely out of wood including our furniture. Owning these antique-looking furniture feels like you're living in the past.
    But there is one wooden furniture in our house that haunts my young mind... The "Tumba-tumba" (Rocking Chair) that my grandfather used to sit and relax. Sadly, he past away in July 2002 (at the age of 86) due to Leukemia. Since we live in a rural place and there's no cemetery or graveyard nearby, my Auntie decided to bury her a few meters away from our backyard besides a lonely Mango Tree.

November 2012, All Hallows Day. My Auntie, my cousins and me came to visit grandfather besides the mango tree. Each of us had candles that we lit above where granfather was buried. It is a way of giving thanks to grandfather (or any other dead person) during his existing life which is a part of our religious tradition here in the Philippines.
    I didn't stay for too long and immediately went back to the house to wash my hands and my face. After my Auntie and my cousins came back inside the house, I returned back to the mango tree to check if the candles are still lit.
    Eventually, it started to wind that the candles were extinguished. Miraculously, the candles lit back itself and I heard my cousin Al screaming that the rocking chair was rocking itself.

And that's the moment when I realized... Grandfather might be playing with us.

IGN: ^AMo^7et

Visit Beeple Crap for more similar animations and VJ Artworks.

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    This event is now over.

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Points have been added.

Thread Information