Thanks
    Suggestion For: FGunZ

Suggestion: I was playing Berserker the other day and saw the potential behind it. The leading player of the room is powered up with enhanced damage with HP/AP that decreases over time. I thought it would be really cool if you guys added power-ups that match Berserker's abilities in certain game modes. Power-ups that could raise your HP/AP ability temporary and your damage. The consequence would be something like the power up lowering your hp to 20 once it stops working or killing you in return for using it depending on the intensity of the Berserker that you're in.

The Berserker's augmented state looks sick, and it would be neat if it could exist in other types of game modes especially like training. You could create an HP/AP Berserker power up only increasing their vitality. This would work well because people would have longer and more convenient spar sessions to practice aim and movement.

I think power ups that affect different areas within FGunZ would be great to the game, but the Berserker state is all I wanted to mention today.

la flame's Avatar icantteachuhowtoslowdance

Country
    Thanks
    or give you like 200/150 hp/ap but make you deal reduced damage and/or slow you down

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    I think it's not a bad idea, but where else do you think this can be implemented in the game? What other modes are there that it could be used in where it would be beneficial?

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    its similar to [VAMP], but vamp doesn't give extra damage.

Thanks
    Personally, I would love it in TDM, Assassination, or even capture the flag. It would fit best in those areas if we decided to add those options to the game. The difficulty would increase or decrease within those modes based on what end you're playing.
    People love to play [RTD] (Roll The Dice), a mod that gives you power each round by chance. However, most people hate playing it because they can never get their power of choice. There's a lot of potential for this mode though as well as Berserker because people like enhancements and feel more powerful. It's just that it's a very low probability getting the power up itself that makes people downsize in the popularity of the game modes. If we created power ups, mainly Berserker with consequences for using it, we could create different game dynamics altogether.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    If only it doesnt remove the original gamemodes and just added as a tag or even a different type of gamemode im down, I wouldnt mind playing it aslong as I know the classic gamemodes are still there.

Thanks
    No, it should be an add-on. It won't change the classic game modes.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Well the thing is that this would require some sort of roomtag. Adding new roomtags is exactly what we want to avoid.
    Creating new gamemodes just for this addition would also bloat the gamemode list.

I don't see how we could add this.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thread Information