Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Wassup Freestylers,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, of which the camera has decided to stop working.

When I open up the camera it either says 'mediaserver failed, camera needs restart' or 'Warning, camera has failed'

I have google my ass off for about 3 hours, and tried the following things:

1 run the phone in safe mode to see if the problem persists (yes)
    2 clear all data of every camera related app
    3 Delete all camera - related apps such as snapchat, flashlight apps, etc.
    4 Take out my micro sd card
    5 Do a battery pull and restart the phone

I cannot find any more options but a factory reset, which is something I do really not want to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Did you also clear the cache? Not just the app-data of the camera-app.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Try going to Settings > Application Manager > Downloaded (No) | Running(No) | ALL (Yes) (Show cached processes) > Find Camera process and click on Force stop.
    Try to open camera, in-case it doesn't work, restart your phone.
    If it still doesn't work, save all your important data on PC, do a factory reset, download ES File Explorer application from Google Play Store & unzip all your important data back to your phone.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Historia's Avatar FGunz Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Is your phone rooted?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Did you also clear the cache? Not just the app-data of the camera-app.
    Yes Sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Famous View Post
    Is your phone rooted?
    No Sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by George View Post
    Try going to Settings > Application Manager > Downloaded (No) | Running(No) | ALL (Yes) (Show cached processes) > Find Camera process and click on Force stop.
    Try to open camera, in-case it doesn't work, restart your phone.
    If it still doesn't work, save all your important data on PC, do a factory reset, download ES File Explorer application from Google Play Store & unzip all your important data back to your phone.
    I have tried this, it still doesn't work. I really - really dont want to factory reset my phone. There has to be a way

qais187's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    I think its more of a Samsung bug.. Have the same problem with my S5 sometimes the camera doesn't work with no reason the only solution to that is restarting the phone(after a few days the same problem occurs again). The only long-term solution is factory reset i don't want that too but restarting every few days is not a problem for me, but since u cant use your camera at all you have to reset it 0: use Samsung Kies to back up your messages,contacts,mediafiles,etc..
    Last edited by qais187; 11-11-2015 at 12:21 PM.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jonathan pls View Post
    I have tried this, it still doesn't work. I really - really dont want to factory reset my phone. There has to be a way
    I'm telling you from personal experience there is no way to fix it, I'm also with a Samsung and whenever my camera decides to stop working it just stops and it won't work until I restart the phone.
    In your case it doesn't work even after you restart the phone so the only option left is doing factory reset, just do it if you want your camera to work again.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    Just download one of many other camera apps from the app store or if you're really desperate. root your phone and get a root file manager and replace your camera.apk with one from the note 4 or s5 (you can find them on the XDA forums). i personally use a note 3 with a note 5 rom and its a beast

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Factory reset or visit a phone store.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    Just download one of many other camera apps from the app store or if you're really desperate. root your phone and get a root file manager and replace your camera.apk with one from the note 4 or s5 (you can find them on the XDA forums). i personally use a note 3 with a note 5 rom and its a beast
    Yeah I love my note 3 too But, other camera apps also dont work.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by George View Post
    I'm telling you from personal experience there is no way to fix it, I'm also with a Samsung and whenever my camera decides to stop working it just stops and it won't work until I restart the phone.
    In your case it doesn't work even after you restart the phone so the only option left is doing factory reset, just do it if you want your camera to work again.
    Alright, thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by qais187 View Post
    I think its more of a Samsung bug.. Have the same problem with my S5 sometimes the camera doesn't work with no reason the only solution to that is restarting the phone(after a few days the same problem occurs again). The only long-term solution is factory reset i don't want that too but restarting every few days is not a problem for me, but since u cant use your camera at all you have to reset it 0: use Samsung Kies to back up your messages,contacts,mediafiles,etc..
    thank you, I was just looking for a backup program

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Factory reset or visit a phone store.
    Ty Sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information