Neogeneric's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I'm sort of new here and I wanted to practice some flaming lines or something. Who knows. This is my sort of first try and any kind of logo. CnC is welcome.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Neogeneric View Post
    I'm sort of new here and I wanted to practice some flaming lines or something. Who knows. This is my sort of first try and any kind of logo. CnC is welcome.

http://i.imgur.com/pLloZTp.png
    The fish reminds me of Runescape.
    I personally would not have added the fish + hook and the blue stuff is kind of meh.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    The fish reminds me of Runescape.
    I personally would not have added the fish + hook and the blue stuff is kind of meh.

Dat runescape fish!

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    My amazing memory.

Neogeneric's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Ha ha, appreciate the feedback. Yeah, it's Runescape-based. Sort of a noob when it comes to this shit, so I'll avoid the flashy shit next time.

Historia's Avatar FGunz Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Neogeneric View Post

http://i.imgur.com/pLloZTp.png
    Even for your first attempt, I would suggest if you use an image from example Runescape you should link the original picture as well.
    So that we can see what you have edited for your current logo.

Activus X is the name I assume? For me it's pretty hard to read since it already has a black background. Plus the text itself has
    a black theme with some white/red/blueish highlights.
    For that I would place the "logo" on a white background so that we can see the essential stuff and actually read what is written.
    For the fish, what I would think is that you took an image from google and just copy pasted it into the logo. The color difference from the text and the fish is HUGE.
    You could have "Live traced" the image (in Adobe Illustrator" and edit it to an original piece.
    For the "X" It's just to much. The underline that reaches from the A to the end of the word just doesn't give something extra to the logo. In my opinion you could remove that and just place the X as the main focus. That means you should tone the fish down to a similar color of the word Activus and give the X the focus of this whole logo.

If you're trying to make a "good" logo you should experiment with different kinds of fonts to reach the ultimate impact that you want to create.
    Also think of the kind of color you would use, every color that you use has a different meaning.

Read this article for it: http://www.creativebloq.com/branding...design-8133973

And for the last thing. Use Adobe Illustrator to create your logo since it's vector based and will be easier to edit for different products in the end. (Easier to resize and higher quality)
    Last edited by Historia; 11-15-2015 at 05:19 AM.

7. The following user said thank you to Historia for this useful post:

Neogeneric (11-15-2015)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Famous View Post
    Even for your first attempt, I would suggest if you use an image from example Runescape you should link the original picture as well.
    So that we can see what you have edited for your current logo.

Activus X is the name I assume? For me it's pretty hard to read since it already has a black background. Plus the text itself has
    a black theme with some white/red/blueish highlights.
    For that I would place the "logo" on a white background so that we can see the essential stuff and actually read what is written.
    For the fish, what I would think is that you took an image from google and just copy pasted it into the logo. The color difference from the text and the fish is HUGE.
    You could have "Live traced" the image (in Adobe Illustrator" and edit it to an original piece.
    For the "X" It's just to much. The underline that reaches from the A to the end of the word just doesn't give something extra to the logo. In my opinion you could remove that and just place the X as the main focus. That means you should tone the fish down to a similar color of the word Activus and give the X the focus of this whole logo.

If you're trying to make a "good" logo you should experiment with different kinds of fonts to reach the ultimate impact that you want to create.
    Also think of the kind of color you would use, every color that you use has a different meaning.

Read this article for it: http://www.creativebloq.com/branding...design-8133973

And for the last thing. Use Adobe Illustrator to create your logo since it's vector based and will be easier to edit for different products in the end. (Easier to resize and higher quality)
    Great article.

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    if you want to go with a medieval theme, the font and colour is good but please. never use the bevel and emboss thing. imo if you use a better font and somehow make the blue underline a bit thinner while making the X more symmetrical, it would be better. plus either colour the hook to the same colour of the text or remove it completly.

just my opinions, its very good for your first try

You can also use Famous' advice if you are gonna use it for a corporate entity (which i don't think you will)

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Logos are designed to be used in most any situation.

> They should applicable in black and white as well as colored environments
    > They should be able to be used on a variety of resolutions
    (I usually go from a size of 32px*32px up to 2014px*2014px, if it looks silly at any size in-between that, it doesnt work)
    > Going along with that note, your logo should have a version that is vector based
    > A logo should be easily legible

Even if it is your first, I have a problem with legibility and in many situations this design would not fly.

Also, putting an image in a logo is a nono, please don't.

Wookiee's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Do you have other reasons for posting your attempt here?

Thread Information