Zoom's Avatar El Padrino

Country
    Thanks
    I got this old phone from 2012, Sony Xperia Acro S LT26W. Unluckily, Sony doesn't support my phone now. So I want to upgrade it my own. The phone's version is 4.1.2 Jellybean. I want it to be Kitkat or maybe Lollipop. Haven't tried upgrading, so I need some tut of u guys. My phone is rooted by the way. Thanks

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    You will need to flash Clockwork Recovery or TWRP to your phone using Fastboot. After that you can then install a custom rom. XDA Developers have a huge list.

Here's one for the phone that's Android 5.1.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799765

When flashing a new ROM, you will lose EVERYTHING and have a good chance of bricking your phone. From one of the recoveries it's recommended that you do a full backup.

Zoom's Avatar El Padrino

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You will need to flash Clockwork Recovery or TWRP to your phone using Fastboot. After that you can then install a custom rom. XDA Developers have a huge list.

Here's one for the phone that's Android 5.1.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799765

When flashing a new ROM, you will lose EVERYTHING and have a good chance of bricking your phone. From one of the recoveries it's recommended that you do a full backup.
    Why do I need to flash? And after flashing, I'll download 5.1 firmwares? And how do I do full backup? Can ES File Explorer will do? Sorry, never been tried it.

And is that u on xda?

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    You're flashing recovery firmware to the phone, you have no choice choice but to do that. You do a full backup from the Recovery you flash. The recovery backup will backup the whole Android system, data, apps, etc.

5. The following user said thank you to Paul for this useful post:

Zoom (11-16-2015)

Zoom's Avatar El Padrino

Country
    Thanks
    Can u teach me step by step? I don't want my phone to die. If u can, or maybe not cuz its just too spoon feeding

Thread Information