Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by KiritoOnline View Post
    >Hits like 10 times with the sword
    >still almost full hp
    Swords are always lead.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    As dave stated, swords are always lead. Just because your hit counter says you hit someone doesn't mean you did. The hit counter is a poor indicator of damage dealt. Now, this could be improved to where it first checks how much dmg was dealt, and based on that either draw the hit counter text or don't.

3. The following user said thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

KiritoOnline (11-22-2015)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    It's a lot of work to implement a solution that would work for such a fast paced game as Gunz. Especially considering what everyone seems to want would require client side and server side implementation pieces. Client side detection and server side authentication, good luck to whoever takes that on and tries to do it properly, if anyone does.

Larabeast™'s Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    You would think people would just use the LEAD tag if they don't like the anti-lead don't use it???

Jallen's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    The calculations which determine if the shot you're about to take will register & do damage or not should be calculated when you have your mouse hovered over the hit-box of an enemy player, basically doing the calculation prior to taking your shot. Keep that routine on a separate thread.

KiritoOnline's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jallen View Post
    The calculations which determine if the shot you're about to take will register & do damage or not should be calculated when you have your mouse hovered over the hit-box of an enemy player, basically doing the calculation prior to taking your shot. Keep that routine on a separate thread.
    So you mean when you hover over them it will "calculate" and when you shoot it will use that "pre-calculated" thing to "register" the damage.If there is too many people in game that would really lagg and that doesn't sound easy to make.Let's take for example that you have for example 6 people around you and all of you spin around with changing weapons,what do you think would happend?

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zéxi View Post
    how about you make a test server with anti-lead server sided like you did with challenge quest ? so we could test it and tell you if it works fine '-'
    Originally Posted by Zéxi View Post
    how about you make a test server with anti-lead server sided like you did with challenge quest ? so we could test it and tell you if it works fine '-'
    THIS. OMG ZEXI I DIDNT KNOW YOU CAN THINK!

I'd like to point out some few flaws on this server. Listen y'all, I mean no disrespect, I love this server and all the people with it including enemies but this problem with the Anti-Lead has been going on since I started in this server which was 2 years ago!

It's like, whenever I fight people with 150-190 pings it's harder to get my shots to register. This one time, I was fighting a dude from NA, our pings were at 120 (which is normal from my experience on playing with NA people back in iGunz). I had to go super-saiyan-god just to kill this *****. Usually, 2 good pb's and 2 or 3 normal shots should do the trick, but man, 3 pbs = 30 damage? This is just way to terrible. If I'm not mistaken or rather, to the best extent of my knowledge, we use p2p which means the opponent's ping is exactly my ping given the distance + internet speed gap (currently, I have 15 mbps which is pretty fast if you're in PH, we currently have no option for fiber optics since mehhh Ph) so my opponent should have a hard time dealing damage to me as well. I don't know exactly, but it seems like they have an advatange? Maybe? Sorry, I really can't throw it out there. Or maybe my opponent was hacking?

Anyway, I also wanted to point out that dealing damage to 200-250 pingers are A LOT EASIER than dealing damage to people with 120-190 pings. I can 3 shot them if I get close enough, but i need to be quick to kill him first, you see, if by any chance, he actually deals the same damage to me, then by the end of that round, I'll kill him and he'll kill me too, in that exact moment. Funny thing is, the round won't say draw game, but it will declare the first dude who actually got the damage first as the winner, this pretty much makes sense ofc.

Any thoughts about this?

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

YeuPho's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    I haven't been on this since 2013, but you guys need to understand that it's much more than just ping. The issue is with the way gunz is coded.

I personally have never touched gunz' code, but since I'm finishing up my semester with finals in the coming weeks I can check it out and see.
    Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    YeuPho > ALL

YOU ALL SUCK YEUPHO CLAIMED HE HAS BEST CLAN SO HE GETS THAT RANG /OWNED ALL G_G

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by YeuPho View Post
    I haven't been on this since 2013, but you guys need to understand that it's much more than just ping. The issue is with the way gunz is coded.

I personally have never touched gunz' code, but since I'm finishing up my semester with finals in the coming weeks I can check it out and see.
    Is that you with the glasses?

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

YeuPho's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fourth View Post
    Is that you with the glasses?
    Sup, yea that's me I work for MLG and this was at the MLG finals in NO back in October
    Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    YeuPho > ALL

YOU ALL SUCK YEUPHO CLAIMED HE HAS BEST CLAN SO HE GETS THAT RANG /OWNED ALL G_G

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information