Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fadi View Post
    what if u face a 250 pinger??
    useless suggestion, also dumb
    They can call on me. I'm a glad named Colin ok. I will charge directly into a 200+ ping peddle and still kill their dumb ass. TRUE STORY BRO

To answer as to why people still glad, I'll make it really easy to get. Most of the gun community now uses antilead. Antilead has a different play style and feel than glad. If someone were to try to glad in a gun game with anyone above 60 ping.. an example of what would happen is.. the glad would try to slash the other player, but the other player on THEIR screen could have already backed away and would be shooting at the player. On the players screen this has not registered completely yet- but because he got shot while slashing on the other players screen the gun shot will hit but the slashes will not- since there is no antilead on sword. One play style centers around prediction and careful timing while the other is GO FAST SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. If you turn lead on in a gun game, thats another story. I still find that really fun. I hate the whole antilead thing though. Maybe I'm getting old.

I used to kind of do both- gun and glad. Glad main and gun when I was bored of glad. But cus' of antilead gaining in popularity it almost feels like the fun of gun was removed for me. I didn't even care when I lost before because it felt like a very fun game with weird ways to get around things and interesting things that could be done from a gameplay perspective. Now it feels dry almost. Like playing a match in Call of Duty. Its fun for a short time but gets old very fast. Glad doesn't have that same draw back to me I spose.

I kinda feel like a lot of glads on FGunZ feel the same way. I know a lot of gunners wouldn't understand- its what they do. You got to understand that we have made a game completely separate of the one you usually play and have a lot of fun with it. Glad CW IS something we'd really enjoy having as it would kinda breath life into the glad clans that exist. A lot of us made our own sort of games like ringer... which is basically a 2v2 glad match with 1 player assigned to a corner. If one of the fighters starts to die he can swap out with the other player IF he manages to survive and make it to that player. When one side is dead, thats a win. For a while there was also a capture the flag game we did that was really fun. When its all gladiators playing capture the flag, it makes it really really fun when the only way to get through a small area is to melee through people and try to avoid them. I haven't gotten to play this in a good long while. So a request for a glad clan CW isn't that harsh. Maybe its too hard to program.. but maybe you could add a mode similar to the kind I just mentioned and not CW. Or nothing I spose if its too hard. We do our own thing regardless. It would just be nice.

2. The following user said thank you to zalibidas for this useful post:

Bunny (12-09-2015)

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by zalibidas View Post
    They can call on me. I'm a glad named Colin ok. I will charge directly into a 200+ ping peddle and still kill their dumb ass. TRUE STORY BRO

To answer as to why people still glad, I'll make it really easy to get. Most of the gun community now uses antilead. Antilead has a different play style and feel than glad. If someone were to try to glad in a gun game with anyone above 60 ping.. an example of what would happen is.. the glad would try to slash the other player, but the other player on THEIR screen could have already backed away and would be shooting at the player. On the players screen this has not registered completely yet- but because he got shot while slashing on the other players screen the gun shot will hit but the slashes will not- since there is no antilead on sword. One play style centers around prediction and careful timing while the other is GO FAST SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. If you turn lead on in a gun game, thats another story. I still find that really fun. I hate the whole antilead thing though. Maybe I'm getting old.

I used to kind of do both- gun and glad. Glad main and gun when I was bored of glad. But cus' of antilead gaining in popularity it almost feels like the fun of gun was removed for me. I didn't even care when I lost before because it felt like a very fun game with weird ways to get around things and interesting things that could be done from a gameplay perspective. Now it feels dry almost. Like playing a match in Call of Duty. Its fun for a short time but gets old very fast. Glad doesn't have that same draw back to me I spose.

I kinda feel like a lot of glads on FGunZ feel the same way. I know a lot of gunners wouldn't understand- its what they do. You got to understand that we have made a game completely separate of the one you usually play and have a lot of fun with it. Glad CW IS something we'd really enjoy having as it would kinda breath life into the glad clans that exist. A lot of us made our own sort of games like ringer... which is basically a 2v2 glad match with 1 player assigned to a corner. If one of the fighters starts to die he can swap out with the other player IF he manages to survive and make it to that player. When one side is dead, thats a win. For a while there was also a capture the flag game we did that was really fun. When its all gladiators playing capture the flag, it makes it really really fun when the only way to get through a small area is to melee through people and try to avoid them. I haven't gotten to play this in a good long while. So a request for a glad clan CW isn't that harsh. Maybe its too hard to program.. but maybe you could add a mode similar to the kind I just mentioned and not CW. Or nothing I spose if its too hard. We do our own thing regardless. It would just be nice.
    You're not getting old, the whole anti-lead for guns only is kind of unbalanced if you take swords into account. That's why the anti-lead as imperfect as it is now is more balanced then a 100% perfect anti-lead. So unless there is a way to compensate for the weird effect you get when applying anti-lead to a sword I guess it will never be fair play with a sword vs a gun.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    You're not getting old, the whole anti-lead for guns only is kind of unbalanced if you take swords into account. That's why the anti-lead as imperfect as it is now is more balanced then a 100% perfect anti-lead. So unless there is a way to compensate for the weird effect you get when applying anti-lead to a sword I guess it will never be fair play with a sword vs a gun.
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean. There is a server with full anti.. the last official server out there. Its horrible. I hit a guy from across the map with a sword. I do like though that there is an option for lead on gunning here that I never knew about til surfing the forums just today lol. I might give that a go. Not sure how many would play but eh. Worth a shot. HAH. SHOT. GET IT. LIKE GUNS. GUNNING.

ok

Banned

Thanks
    in glad all of the ranges are distorted. its all pure massivey BUT since ancient gunz times there has always been GLADS AND GUNNERS. not developing cw for glads is fuked up.

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean. There is a server with full anti.. the last official server out there. Its horrible. I hit a guy from across the map with a sword. I do like though that there is an option for lead on gunning here that I never knew about til surfing the forums just today lol. I might give that a go. Not sure how many would play but eh. Worth a shot. HAH. SHOT. GET IT. LIKE GUNS. GUNNING.

ok
    That stuff is definately funny as hell (Only in training though, gets really boring in actual gameplay. Comparable to someone lagging through the walls of a hall randomly in training xD). But since there's anti-lead for guns and anti-lead on swords makes gameplay bad, I don't see any other way then to have those seperate from each other.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    I would play glad clan war when I am bored. Why? Just to annoy my opponents, I would happily waste 30 mins running around a map until they RQ and I get the win.

Banned

Thanks
    its for ACTUAL glad klans NOT lil boys who fight like weak sissy girls
    Last edited by Jiiigglypuff; 12-08-2015 at 08:54 PM.

9. The following user said thank you to Jiiigglypuff for this useful post:

Bunny (12-09-2015)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I would play glad clan war when I am bored. Why? Just to annoy my opponents, I would happily waste 30 mins running around a map until they RQ and I get the win.
    Chances are, you'd all scatter to try to annoy, and us being glads would track ONE of you and kill them VERY fast. Congrats. you are down a member. And since you scattered we'd find and kill the other. Eventually we'd just find and overpower you. We'd get one win. Then we wouldn't mind just waiting for you to run away and annoy. We'd just chill and hold on for your loss. Good game.

11. The following user said thank you to zalibidas for this useful post:

Bunny (12-09-2015)

Country
    Thanks
    Chances are, you'd all scatter to try to annoy, and us being glads would track ONE of you and kill them VERY fast. Congrats. you are down a member. And since you scattered we'd find and kill the other. Eventually we'd just find and overpower you. We'd get one win. Then we wouldn't mind just waiting for you to run away and annoy. We'd just chill and hold on for your loss. Good game.
    Only add small arena-like maps to the rotation?

13. The following user said thank you to Colour for this useful post:

Jiiigglypuff (12-08-2015)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Highly doubt in a 2v2 on any of the current clan war maps you'd track us down and kill us quickly, ping, back-peddling, wall running would outclass any top tier glad, as I wouldn't be engaging in combat, just running away, sound playing so when you're even slightly near my location I've moved to another

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information