Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks
    Looks like I'll have to make maps myself, it's a waste tho...a programmer using his time to make maps instead of programming
    [18:22:28] Vini: yo surfen
    [18:223] Vini: you know how to extract things from .rar right?
    [18:22:59] Surfen 555: idk coding so idk wat u said

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Looks like I'll have to make maps myself, it's a waste tho...a programmer using his time to make maps instead of programming
    This.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    Wonder what happened to Stephan's blog on all of those new maps smh
    Other things to focus on.

Also you are wrong Zach, making new skill maps now is way harder to do so if you want to produce quality maps as well.
    The old program map makers used to use was bugged and glitched, and thus you get glitchy maps like the skill maps.
    And we as Freestyle GunZ want to get rid of wasted space in files (items, swords, clothing and maps), also a reason why we removed a ton of maps from v7 that had no lightmap for example.

Also, we do not need new maps if Vini's mode uses check points that you could use in any map (instead of creating a new map).
    Sure, we could add some in the future, but not like 20 (see above about wasting space).
    I really feel like we still have a ton of maps that are hardly played and thus a waste of space, our client has also a focus for those that have less of a pc to play on ("potatoe pc's").

In the end it is not my choice what we do and do not add, but for now I think you should be happy with the last race map that Nagi (Hellsniper) made.

My tip; if you really really are dead set on having new race maps, give us idea's like drawings and such on what your ideal race map would be in GunZ terms.
    Just suggestion "add 20 new maps pl0x" or giving skill maps (cause they are really bad) is not going to help us at all.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I understand they're hard, I never said they're not hard to create, but it'd be nice to see all of our developers working, not just 3 out of the 8 we have (that I know of). So far all I know is Jeff, Vini & you are doing things. I have no clue where everyone else is nor if they are doing anything cause they're hardly active.

If someone took the time to do this then players wouldn't even have to suggest this lmfao.
    Also, I don't understand how you want players to draw or "explain a map", when they are asking for a suggestion on a map, not for you to re-create or come up with an idea off of their drawing(s). Developers are supposed to be unique and decorative, aren't they?
    Last edited by Zachary; 12-19-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Other things to focus on.

Also you are wrong Zach, making new skill maps now is way harder to do so if you want to produce quality maps as well.
    The old program map makers used to use was bugged and glitched, and thus you get glitchy maps like the skill maps.
    And we as Freestyle GunZ want to get rid of wasted space in files (items, swords, clothing and maps), also a reason why we removed a ton of maps from v7 that had no lightmap for example.

Also, we do not need new maps if Vini's mode uses check points that you could use in any map (instead of creating a new map).
    Sure, we could add some in the future, but not like 20 (see above about wasting space).
    I really feel like we still have a ton of maps that are hardly played and thus a waste of space, our client has also a focus for those that have less of a pc to play on ("potatoe pc's").

In the end it is not my choice what we do and do not add, but for now I think you should be happy with the last race map that Nagi (Hellsniper) made.

My tip; if you really really are dead set on having new race maps, give us idea's like drawings and such on what your ideal race map would be in GunZ terms.
    Just suggestion "add 20 new maps pl0x" or giving skill maps (cause they are really bad) is not going to help us at all.
    I agree, i try to enjoy the new race map nagi added, but its only available for staff, and only available for staff in the event channel.
    there are already plenty of skillmaps that exist, if you'd like to see them just look up skillmaps 1-20, I didn't post the video because its related to other gunz servers

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I understand they're hard, I never said they're not hard to create, but it'd be nice to see all of our developers working, not just 3 out of the 8 we have (that I know of). So far all I know is Jeff, Vini & you are doing things. I have no clue where everyone else is nor if they are doing anything cause they're hardly active.

If someone took the time to do this then players wouldn't even have to suggest this lmfao.
    Only 3 modelers, Irahnik is a gfxer and the rest codes.
    Try poking Nagi (Hellsniper) or Zain if you really want ths @ people who are in favour of having new maps.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Bunnies View Post
    I agree, i try to enjoy the new race map nagi added, but its only available for staff, and only available for staff in the event channel.
    there are already plenty of skillmaps that exist, if you'd like to see them just look up skillmaps 1-20, I didn't post the video because its related to other gunz servers
    Any skill map is bad in my eyes, not bothered to look for them (I played 1 to 4).
    The current race map is event only so people all have an equal chance to win it (instead of practice it over and over), at least I think that was the reason.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    The current race map is event only so people all have an equal chance to win it (instead of practice it over and over), at least I think that was the reason.
    everyone would have an equal chance to win if it gets released to everyone because only a few people in this server actually mastered that map from playing the events, most people die at the beginning and have no chance to learn from it.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Okay so I just gave Vini some pointers on how he could make his race mode bigger.

• Add checkpoints to most of the maps we currently have so each map has it's own "track"
    • Checkpoints by using a model like a flag (believe he already had that done)
    • See if he can add difficulty in his race mode (easy, normal, hard)

This way we do not have to focus on new maps, but this can make the current maps also a lot of fun by using the checkpoints.
    Also, we can add more maps in the future for this mode if it will work the way we think it will work/play out.
    This is also to delay the release of the mode, if you actually only going to make 20 maps just for 1 mode.

I know some of you will dislike this that we would "go against" the whole suggestion, but I think it will be a benefit for us all.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Okay so I just gave Vini some pointers on how he could make his race mode bigger.

• Add checkpoints to most of the maps we currently have so each map has it's own "track"
    • Checkpoints by using a model like a flag (believe he already had that done)
    • See if he can add difficulty in his race mode (easy, normal, hard)

This way we do not have to focus on new maps, but this can make the current maps also a lot of fun by using the checkpoints.
    Also, we can add more maps in the future for this mode if it will work the way we think it will work/play out.
    This is also to delay the release of the mode, if you actually only going to make 20 maps just for 1 mode.

I know some of you will dislike this that we would "go against" the whole suggestion, but I think it will be a benefit for us all.
    how would u add checkpoints to maps like mansion? its not even race anymore

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunnies View Post
    how would u add checkpoints to maps like mansion? its not even race anymore
    There are many race games where to objective in a race is to pick up the checkpoints (like NFS).
    With Vini's race mode we can add checkpoints you have to "pick up" in order to see the next one, like a race .

This way we basicly are able to use any map as a race map.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information