Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Natalie's Avatar Programmer

Thanks
    Hello,

I have my fps locked at 250, and when someone throws a smokebomb posion, the object.. makes my fps hit 10-25. Super unplayable. The smoke it self doesnt drop my fps at all. just the object you throw. Here how it works. Though im not sure why this is even happening, nor idk if its happening to everyone.

1. Buy Smokebomb, i think any works..
    2. Throw it, Boom fps drops to 10-25. Then,
    3. Once smoke shows, the fps hits back to 250.

This never happened before till the latest update.

SPECS:

GTX 660 2gb
    8gb ram
    Intel(4 cores) 3.10ghz ~ 3.30ghz.
    Last edited by Natalie; 01-02-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe the smoke gets prerendered now instead of rendered when it appears? xD

Thanks
    Dunno, the smoke doesnt lag at all. Just the damn object thats being thrown, if like 2 people throw it, rip my fps. It'll be hidding 1-5 lol

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    same ever since update im nowhere smokebomb but my fps hitting 5-10

5. The following user said thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

Natalie (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Even running at 1k fps, still gets droped to 10-25 lol..

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Interesting, I can't seem to reproduce the problem and I run gunz with a Geforce 315M (crap gfx-card, runs any new game barely on lowest settings).

My fps only drops when I go standing in the smoke, but not when I throw my smoke grenade (doesn't matter where I throw it).

Do you by any chance use Multisampling? If so try turning it off.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    That happened one game for me then the issue resolved. I also changed my drivers to prefer maximum performance on the 3 executables fgunz uses (launcher gunz gunz64). I will give the code a quick look over. The smoke grenade object has always been costly though. The way it was made by maiet makes it a hog.
    Last edited by S1lent; 01-02-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    I just debugged to refresh my memory and the code fix i provided doesnt even begin until the smoke grenade is on the ground and each smoke grenade has its own instance of the modified variable so it is not shared so no pre-rendering can be going on. Which does not match up with when you start to have a lower fps. Im testing this on a GTX 570 btw, so its comparable to your gtx660. Does this happen in round based games or even things like deathmatch?
    Last edited by S1lent; 01-02-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    smoke grenades is bad giving fps lagg yes
    dmg is the worst ( for alot of people including me)
    gunz crash if u select songs to play from playlist ingame

and more

guess we just gotta wait for a fix for all of this we have to be patient

Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    I just debugged to refresh my memory and the code fix i provided doesnt even begin until the smoke grenade is on the ground and each smoke grenade has its own instance of the modified variable so it is not shared so no pre-rendering can be going on. Which does not match up with when you start to have a lower fps. Im testing this on a GTX 570 btw, so its comparable to your gtx660. Does this happen in round based games or even things like deathmatch?

I'm not sure if this if this starts happening on the ground; I get hit with the lag right when i throw it out of my hand.

The funny thing is, this smoke bomb thing, can lag you anywhere. You could be across the skill map, and still get hit by the lag.

Edit: For some weird reason, a restart seems to fix the massive fps drop. How ever it still drops half your fps. From yesterday; This also did the same I believe and for awhile of playing then this massive fps drops started happening.

Edit 2: Uhm, I alt tabbed and now my fps is locked at 13?!?!?.. Jesus.. Oh also.. Not sure if alt tab did this it self, I just know it took awhile to re-open the tab for gunz, and i was in a room.

Last edited by Natalie; 01-03-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information