Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Country
    Thanks
    Puzzle and Dragons

- Free of charge (although there are optional in-app purchase elements to the game)
    - The game just hit 9 million downloads in North America. It's a Japanese based game, which means the NA market (9 milly) is only a small portion of its playerbase. So yeah, pretty active.
    - Unique puzzle-solving gameplay mechanics. The game requires a large amount of skill and practice. It also has a considerably steep learning curve.
    - The game can be played solo or with a friend through the new co-op mode.
    - Beautiful art. The game takes gods and figures from various pantheons of mythology and turns them into top tier waifu powerhouses.

From Chinese mythology, this is Kirin: http://imgur.com/XN8e6Vt
    From Hindu mythology, this is Kali: http://imgur.com/FvhHxNq
    From Egyptian mythology, this is Isis: http://imgur.com/z9TsrJY

And there are many, many more cards.

------------------

It's a very skill based "match-3" puzzle game that requires investment into both micro mechanics and macro knowledge in order to succeed.

Examples of extremely skilled players:
    Reco clearing Ultimate Arena with Awoken Sakuya
    Paprika (almost) clearing Ultimate Arena with Awoken Anubis (He's cleared it many times, this is just a video that really showcases his skill and game knowledge)
    Dubby clearing Challenge Dungeon 10 with Awoken Ra (Probably the best NA player that makes videos. Insanely slow and methodical, beautiful cascades)
    RECO 0 STONING AND SOLOING MECHA ZEUS (CRAZIEST PLAY I'VE SEEN YET)

These three players are considered to be the best of the best. As you probably can't tell, their playstyles are the completely different from one another. While Reco focuses on hook mechanics and packing orbs, Paprika focuses on cascades and setting up for potential skyfalls. Similar to Paprika, Dubby also relies on cascades, but in a more slow and methodical way. There is no "best" way to play this game, and that's part of the beauty of it.

------------------

There is A LOT of content in this game. There are monster collaboration events that include obtainable characters from Evangelion, Fist of the North Star, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter and more. There are thousands of gods, cute girls, dragons, heroes, demons and cute girls that you can collect and fight with. Also, there are a lot cute girls.

The game is a dungeon crawler at its core and much of it is centred around end-game content. With each patch, obtainable monsters become stronger and dungeons become harder to clear. The more the game ages, the more difficult it becomes.

And yes, it's a game for your mobile phone.

------------------

P.S. To anyone that wants to start this game, send me a PM (or preferrably, post in this thread so everyone else can see the information). I'll help you through the beginning stages of the game (there are a lot of important concepts to know before you start, especially the concepts of rerolling and tier lists)

Here are some further PAD resources:

***NEW PLAYERS, READ THIS. TRUST ME, IT WILL HELP YOU SOOO MUCH IN THE LONG RUN. DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME LATER.***

1) Puzzledragonx - This will be your go-to guide for everything event / news / dungeon / monster related. It is by far the best PAD database.

2) /r/PuzzleAndDragons

3) PAD Forums

4) Official PAD NA Facebook page
    Last edited by PrincessNate; 02-04-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Thread Information