Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Puzzle and Dragons

- Free of charge (although there are optional in-app purchase elements to the game)
    - The game just hit 9 million downloads in North America. It's a Japanese based game, which means the NA market (9 milly) is only a small portion of its playerbase. So yeah, pretty active.
    - Unique puzzle-solving gameplay mechanics. The game requires a large amount of skill and practice. It also has a considerably steep learning curve.
    - The game can be played solo or with a friend through the new co-op mode.
    - Beautiful art. The game takes gods and figures from various pantheons of mythology and turns them into top tier waifu powerhouses.

From Chinese mythology, this is Kirin: http://imgur.com/XN8e6Vt
    From Hindu mythology, this is Kali: http://imgur.com/FvhHxNq
    From Egyptian mythology, this is Isis: http://imgur.com/z9TsrJY

And there are many, many more cards.

------------------

It's a very skill based "match-3" puzzle game that requires investment into both micro mechanics and macro knowledge in order to succeed.

Examples of extremely skilled players:
    Reco clearing Ultimate Arena with Awoken Sakuya
    Paprika (almost) clearing Ultimate Arena with Awoken Anubis (He's cleared it many times, this is just a video that really showcases his skill and game knowledge)
    Dubby clearing Challenge Dungeon 10 with Awoken Ra (Probably the best NA player that makes videos. Insanely slow and methodical, beautiful cascades)
    RECO 0 STONING AND SOLOING MECHA ZEUS (CRAZIEST PLAY I'VE SEEN YET)

These three players are considered to be the best of the best. As you probably can't tell, their playstyles are the completely different from one another. While Reco focuses on hook mechanics and packing orbs, Paprika focuses on cascades and setting up for potential skyfalls. Similar to Paprika, Dubby also relies on cascades, but in a more slow and methodical way. There is no "best" way to play this game, and that's part of the beauty of it.

------------------

There is A LOT of content in this game. There are monster collaboration events that include obtainable characters from Evangelion, Fist of the North Star, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter and more. There are thousands of gods, cute girls, dragons, heroes, demons and cute girls that you can collect and fight with. Also, there are a lot cute girls.

The game is a dungeon crawler at its core and much of it is centred around end-game content. With each patch, obtainable monsters become stronger and dungeons become harder to clear. The more the game ages, the more difficult it becomes.

And yes, it's a game for your mobile phone.

------------------

P.S. To anyone that wants to start this game, send me a PM (or preferrably, post in this thread so everyone else can see the information). I'll help you through the beginning stages of the game (there are a lot of important concepts to know before you start, especially the concepts of rerolling and tier lists)

Here are some further PAD resources:

***NEW PLAYERS, READ THIS. TRUST ME, IT WILL HELP YOU SOOO MUCH IN THE LONG RUN. DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME LATER.***

1) Puzzledragonx - This will be your go-to guide for everything event / news / dungeon / monster related. It is by far the best PAD database.

2) /r/PuzzleAndDragons

3) PAD Forums

4) Official PAD NA Facebook page
    Last edited by PrincessNate; 02-04-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Naeng's Avatar Bonjour, je suis Ryan!

Country
    Thanks
    you do.

3. The following user said thank you to Naeng for this useful post:

PrincessNate (01-14-2016)

Country
    Thanks
    bump

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks

Main leaders-- Sara in progress.

c:

6. The following user said thank you to Dualage for this useful post:

PrincessNate (01-15-2016)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Added you, you rolling next godfest?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by PrincessNate View Post
    Added you, you rolling next godfest?
    I'm only rolling any Japanese series because those are really the only ones I am really missing. I rolled last one for Japanese, but I literally got 4/5 of the Mechanical Star series and 0 Japanese with like 60+ rolls so I sorta don't want to roll much anymore. Like fk, I just want a A.Yomi team. But I suppose I'm gonna slowly grind for a YomiDra team. I would go RaDra, but having 0 DKalis, the consistency doesn't exist.

I'm still going for more teams, it's just I need to spend a lot of time. I'm currently waiting for Thoth/Sodpet descended so I can make A.Ra team. I got Izanami, 2 LKali and a Muse (eventually who will get replaced by A.Isis whenever I can roll her) for a really good consistent team.

Also FINALLY TPA ANGELS AND AWOKEN FREYJA/UUVO MICHAEL.

TL;DR: Probably not rolling, but there's lot of shit I'm doin'. Eventually everything will come together in the end.

Well that's about me, how about you? c:

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    -snip-
    I see, I see. I'll probably wait for the NA pantheon lineup to be revealed to see if I'll roll or not. I most likely will, though, since I have literally 0 kalis (and I am in desperate need for at least 1).

I finally got to awaken my Sakuya with Zhou Yu descended dropping recently. Although I don't have the optimal team for her, I have some pretty decent farmable subs (Lvalk, chocobo) and lucked out with a couple rem pulls (Susano, christmas alruane <--- not really luck, but covers red since my susano isn't awoken yet plus she has a decent delay for cheap insurance).

I also managed to make decently good use of my limited resources as a non iap player during 10x descends and almost 297'd my Sakuya all on natural stamina. http://imgur.com/xL44do7 <-- Seriously. I've been grinding KotG trying to find the +attk drop but all I've been getting are +hps and +rcvs.

Anyway, shits cray as a Sakuya player right now, with Elia's return to invade descendeds and all, so I'm going to put most of my stamina into that. Might even skip this godfest just to stone for stamina.

Btw, it's nice to see another pad player here. Do you frequent any pad communities? Reddit, fb, pad forum?
    Last edited by PrincessNate; 01-15-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    I don't often post or anything like that anywhere. I kinda just grab info. and such and basically check PADX everyday I can to see if anything new is happening both NA and JP (3 min stamina tho). What else you got anyways for good cards and whatnot? I'm always a curious one when it comes to other players and what the have so I can get salty whenever they have something I don't have

Also descended carnival tomorrow. Gotta get myself a Gaia for A. Freyja. Maybe a couple of Tengus for a future button Goemon team/A. Susano/(eventually)A. Yomi and several Xuanzang and Zhou Yu because I have 4 Hakus who also want to be awoken. I basically want almost everything for future use regardless.

Country
    Thanks
    Not anything too noteworthy. Horus, Isis, Lakshimi, Sarasvati, Lmeta, Indra, Okunuishi, Lu Bu, Goemon. After rolling Sakuya (Horus was my first roll), I dropped everything and focused on her. Hopefully I'll be able to roll some kalis in the near future. I love rainbow leads so my next goal leader-wise is Awoken Ra (even though he dropped to A+ tier recently T_T) and maybe once I make it to super lategame I'll go for Awoken Anubis or Ra Dragon.

Speaking of Egyptian 1, NA's day 1 godfest features the Egyptian 1 pantheon, as well as GFE exlusives including the Kalis and Kanna. Delicious.

As far as pad communities go, I'm the same. I browse reddit, pf, and padx quite often but I've never posted before. I usually just lurk the pf chatbox since they're all super crazy and up to date with things.

I have mixed feelings about 3 stam/minute. I'm obviously super hyped about it, but at the same time I feel like I'd be super anxious about it all the time. I try to be as stamina efficient as possible (calculating exp per dungeon, how many runs I can do before stamina depletion, running jank dumgeons for mats instead of exp if both my exp bar and stamina bars are high, making sure I'm never at full stamina, etc etc) so implementing 3 stam/minute gives me that much more to think about.

Do you watch any streamers or players on youtube? Or am I the only one nerd enough to do that lmao

Also, last question, are you a smasher?
    Last edited by PrincessNate; 01-15-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    You actually have a mad start to a good A. Horus team. Nothing perfect yet, but having Hours and Isis are already a pretty huge start. You just need a few pretty lucky rolls, but a good head start nontheless. Lakshmi is also another one that you should look into awakening considering her buff should arrive to NA fairly soon. Ever since her Leader buff, she's been heavily played.

As for this godfest, I might roll a bit, but nothing heavy. Archangels are in the first day as well as Isis, so getting a few couldn't hurt. Japanese 2 on the second day, so I could HOPEFULLY roll Okuni or Kushi. It also helps than a GF finally isn't hosted on a Gala of Tears for once and maybe I can pull some random Dark cards (I really don't have much compared to all other colors). I swear to fk if I pull a Yomi through the Gala I'm gonna RQ IRL '-'

I occasionally watch streamers here and there. Not too often, but when I'm bored I will.

And I'm on and off with smash. As good as online battles are, I much prefer playing with friends offline and such... and unfortunately, there's like no one in my area, except for a select few, who actually play the damn game which is mildly disappointing. I use CF more often than not, but I don't have much experience in terms of playing competitively =\

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information