Country
    Thanks
    sick

Yune's Avatar hello i am fish

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Avenge View Post
    Thanks xD

Like what?
    Honestly i think its a pretty solid piece that mostly nails the flow, which i think is probably the most important part of editing.

However, some of your transitions and clips in general are really hurt by that glitchy flickering effect you used on the snare sounds. I think it doesnt look very good (mostly because it goes by so fast that it just looks distracting, i think it wouldve worked if they were less intense and slighty more slowed down). I actually played around with your video in Vegas and I think it looks wayyyy better without the glitching (especially the sniper cinematic into the running guy cinematic, this transition works 100x better without the glitchy shaking).

Besides that its pretty solid but I have some subjective criticisms as well (as in, these are just personal things that not everyone necessarily has to agree with.

-When you cut out the music near the end, I think this effect works a lot better if you bring up another sound while the music is more music, like the sniper breathing, or the bolt slide on the gun being pulled back. I just think if the music is dimmed something else has to replace it otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

-I'm not a huge fan of 60fps edits, theyre just too smooth and its distracting to my eyes. I think your video could've used some motion blur.

-I think the pacing on the video is a little fast (THIS IS HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE). I actually slowed the timing down in Vegas slightly and I think it works better on all the clips except the AK47 sync. I just think as the pacing is right now everything just goes by so fast that you dont really get time to appreciate any of the editing you actually did, thus all the effects you added are hurt because they feel rushed. Once again though this is subjective, I played around with this and showed some friends and they all didnt necessarily agree with this.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yune View Post
    Honestly i think its a pretty solid piece that mostly nails the flow, which i think is probably the most important part of editing.

However, some of your transitions and clips in general are really hurt by that glitchy flickering effect you used on the snare sounds. I think it doesnt look very good (mostly because it goes by so fast that it just looks distracting, i think it wouldve worked if they were less intense and slighty more slowed down). I actually played around with your video in Vegas and I think it looks wayyyy better without the glitching (especially the sniper cinematic into the running guy cinematic, this transition works 100x better without the glitchy shaking).

Besides that its pretty solid but I have some subjective criticisms as well (as in, these are just personal things that not everyone necessarily has to agree with.

-When you cut out the music near the end, I think this effect works a lot better if you bring up another sound while the music is more music, like the sniper breathing, or the bolt slide on the gun being pulled back. I just think if the music is dimmed something else has to replace it otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

-I'm not a huge fan of 60fps edits, theyre just too smooth and its distracting to my eyes. I think your video could've used some motion blur.

-I think the pacing on the video is a little fast (THIS IS HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE). I actually slowed the timing down in Vegas slightly and I think it works better on all the clips except the AK47 sync. I just think as the pacing is right now everything just goes by so fast that you dont really get time to appreciate any of the editing you actually did, thus all the effects you added are hurt because they feel rushed. Once again though this is subjective, I played around with this and showed some friends and they all didnt necessarily agree with this.
    Well to start I appreciate the feedback. To start, I did have the sniper being cocked back sound in that dimmed audio towards the end. I had the track set off when rendering and set it up so it would upload on its own lol... I didn't feel like re rendering it thinking the contest was over by friday till I went to submit it and saw it was Wednesday lol. As for the rsmb as I said, I wasn't trying to wait too long so I rendered this in a few minutes to upload asap.. As for what you did, I'd like to see it and see what you're referring if possible bro. I like criticism but would want to see something to compare it to. So if you have it still, mind showing me? Thanks again too I guess (thumbsup)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    This is dope.

Yune's Avatar hello i am fish

Thanks

this is my re-cut. You can take most of the changes I made with a grain of salt (like the slowdown) but the change in particular which I think works a lot better is the transition @ 0:09, I changed the timings arround so you dont see the glitchy-twitch and it has more emphasis on the guy running, I just think it flows a lot better this way into the next clip.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    This is dope.
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yune View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5pqJ6YfkY

this is my re-cut. You can take most of the changes I made with a grain of salt (like the slowdown) but the change in particular which I think works a lot better is the transition @ 0:09, I changed the timings arround so you dont see the glitchy-twitch and it has more emphasis on the guy running, I just think it flows a lot better this way into the next clip.
    I dont like it tbh... some aspects I like but could live without but for a one clip contest entry it looks plain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information