View Poll Results: What options do you want to see?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1 (Dual Kodachis - Blocking Delay)

18 39.13%
  • Option 2 (Dual Kodachis - Damage Decrease)

11 23.91%
  • Option 3 (Daggers - Flinch/Recoil Removal)

14 30.43%
  • Option 4 (Daggers - Range Increase)

19 41.30%
  • None

8 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Real Girl

Thanks
    Hey folks,

We're in the process of trying to play around with unused weapons and need your feedback!

We have made the following changes and have uploaded two videos to demonstrate:

1) Dual Kodachi Block Animation increased in quickness by 80%
    * This would mean that you could qbf with Kodachis. The downside is blocks with Kodachis are faster and the timing is harder.
    2) Dual Kodachi damage will be reduced by 1/3rd.
    3) Daggers can no longer flinch/'recoil' on block.
    * This is commonly referred to as the 'recoil' animation. Your character cowers back in fear as if they've just seen a ghost.
    * This does NOT effect the flinch from being slashed, only the block.
    4) Dagger Reach will be increased slightly (190 -> 220) to maintain competitiveness with swords.

We're looking for your feedback to see if these would be welcomed changes. Please see the attached poll and select the options you would like to see.

Note we will be using the poll as a general guideline. If the community is divided on this issue, we'll make the choice that we feel is for the better of the game.

Videos below (pardon the snowy wind sounds, I was playing everquest in another window)

Last edited by SecretsOTheP; 01-19-2016 at 02:42 AM.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to SecretsOTheP for this useful post:

Jonathan pls (01-21-2016), Michi (01-19-2016), Moh (01-19-2016), Piracy (01-25-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    yes I do believe that the daggers are useless against a sword in a gladiator match, meaning no one really uses it.
    I guess buffing and adjusting it up would make it a bit more competitive (?)
    side note;

please add this ijji Dagger idk why never got added.

4. The following 9 users say thank you to Hulk for this useful post:

-AznNinja (01-19-2016), Eddie (01-19-2016), justRelax (01-19-2016), Kristoper (01-20-2016), la flame (01-19-2016), lex210607 (01-19-2016), Moh (01-19-2016), SecretsOTheP (01-19-2016), Stuwadie (01-19-2016)

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    yes I do believe that the daggers are useless against a sword in a gladiator match, meaning no one really uses it.
    I guess buffing and adjusting it up would make it a bit more competitive (?)
    side note;
    http://gunzstats.vacau.com/image/Cakram.png
    please add this ijji Dagger idk why never got added.
    Cakram should be in the files I'll double check. Odd that it's missing though I'll agree.

This is more of a non-gladiator buff to daggers; part of Dstyle in ijji was its evasiveness; take that away with anti-lead and you have a sword without block. Coupled with daggers needing to be lead more... if you try any of the ijji-era Dstyle techniques, they will not work as effectively. Most of the times they won't work at all, unless you can match shots one for one. Doing so is incredibly frustrating as a Dstyler as opposed to a Kstyler. The intention is to coax daggers into a more support position with their stabs 'flinching' other players as opposed to a tank with block (swords/dachis).

The buff to Dual Kodachis is moreso to keep them in line with swords - with the lessened block animation, you can do an extra slash and can qbf with them. (I'm sure our gladiators can penta-butterfly with them, but it'd be kind of hard). The intention is to put them in a more offensive position in terms of locking the opponent in gunplay, and to keep them slightly faster than Swords in Gladiator.

6. The following user said thank you to SecretsOTheP for this useful post:

-AznNinja (01-19-2016)

Jitse the god

Thanks
    Lower delay kodachi plz so i can finally tbf :K

kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Okay so,as this is kinda what i was asking in my other thread.
    Since I've been using daggers since version 6 I've noticed that back then it was a little more useful but now with anti lead it's become so under used.
    But i have to say,i think it's unfair for you to remove recoil and would make ghost evading and phantom evading pretty much gone.
    The dagger delay is so good now,it's just like ijji and it actually doesn't feel spam-able.
    So really the only thing i would agree with is the dagger range increased. It's fair to get recoiled after stabbing someone straight on.
    If you don't know,when you look down and try to stab someone straight on it doesn't recoil or do the animation.
    Dagger machine (looking down and stabbing and circling the opponent) would be abusive as hell..
    I say keep the recoil,increase the range.
    Daggers aren't useless,it's just people's lack of knowledge about them that make them look inferior.
    Last edited by Moh; 01-19-2016 at 04:05 AM.

9. The following 5 users say thank you to Moh for this useful post:

-AznNinja (01-19-2016), Eddie (01-19-2016), Shino (01-19-2016), Stuwadie (01-19-2016), YoungSavagÉ (02-04-2016)

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    it's a hard choice for me since i do like to d-style once in a while ( yes i can yoyo , slingshot ,d machine ( not perfect) all the d-style tricks) but i also like to play with kodachis but kodachis are fine the way they are right now for me atleast i gotta agree with moh here ghost evading would be useless so therefore im choosing Option 4 (Daggers - Range Increase)

11. The following user said thank you to Stuwadie for this useful post:

Moh (01-19-2016)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Don't understand why the changes on kodachi's are necessary. They are fine as they are, and glad players in general who are skilled a them are able to use them effectively e.g with the use of void step.

If you don't understand what I mean just look at the following video and see how well they can be used if used by a skilled player.

+ I'm pretty sure that if the kodachi's delay would to get reduced then it would just get abused by gunners since they rarely initiate with their sword and extra spamming blocking would just prevent them from getting initiate on by swords, making spbs less viable.

GodTommy's Avatar GOD

Thanks
    If you are actually going to add the 'no dagger recoil' you better remove that piece of shit dagger with 0 delay

14. The following 2 users say thank you to GodTommy for this useful post:

Moh (01-19-2016), YoungSavagÉ (02-04-2016)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Personally I would not remove the recoil, people who can actually use daggers know how to play around the recoil.

16. The following 7 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Bunny (01-19-2016), Eddie (01-19-2016), Flow (01-19-2016), Moh (01-19-2016), Piracy (01-25-2016), Shino (01-19-2016), YoungSavagÉ (02-04-2016)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Personally I would not remove the recoil, people who can actually use daggers know how to play around the recoil.
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    Daggers aren't useless,it's just people's lack of knowledge about them that make them look inferior.
    agree with this 100%. they aren't useless nor are they underpowered. people just tend to use swords more often because they're easier to use.

removing the recoil would just encourage dagger spam and you'll be trapped, heck this happens even now and is incredibly annoying.

18. The following 2 users say thank you to Shino for this useful post:

Eddie (01-19-2016), Flow (01-19-2016)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information