Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
As a dstyler - can you honestly say that it's fun and fair gameplay to recoil with a dagger after a block? There is no current way to cause a sword user to recoil as a dstyler - this is very one sided and a *clear balance issue* imo.

Recoil animation for swords makes a bit more sense as both of you can block.

And there is currently a bug where the recoil animation will not play in MAIETs code if your target is viewing at a certain angle, not relative to the dagger user, which is commonly referred to as dmachine. I don't like the idea of having to predict an opponent - who already can block to avoid ranged damage entirely if you're in dmachine range - to avoid a recoil animation which may be affected by frame lag.

As for the range idea I think putting them on 220 range - equal to Kodachis/Swords - is 'more than fair' for daggers. I would much rather see recoil removed than a range increase. And the poll will likely implement one, not both. I'm trusting the community with this one.
As a dstyler, i think it'll be easier to dmachine, and i dont want it, it would be so easy dmachine-pb people because youll not looking down to prevent recoils, and dmachining without shaking your camera and paying attention in every angle that you cn possibly get recoiled isnt fun