View Poll Results: What options do you want to see?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1 (Dual Kodachis - Blocking Delay)

18 39.13%
  • Option 2 (Dual Kodachis - Damage Decrease)

11 23.91%
  • Option 3 (Daggers - Flinch/Recoil Removal)

14 30.43%
  • Option 4 (Daggers - Range Increase)

19 41.30%
  • None

8 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    agree with this 100%. they aren't useless nor are they underpowered. people just tend to use swords more often because they're easier to use.

removing the recoil would just encourage dagger spam and you'll be trapped, heck this happens even now and is incredibly annoying.
    It's ok, people will just kick these dagger users when they become annoying in the room. Like how I got kicked from every duels after pwning with them OP(Yes, OVERPOWERED) sprays(ESP Double MGS) and snipes
    I mean, why make them op, if it cant be used in game. LOL EVERY1 WILL KICK U Just saying, I witnessed a gm kicking a guy from duel because the guy is spraying and killed him.

Real Girl

Thanks
    Dagger machine (looking down and stabbing and circling the opponent) would be abusive as hell..
    As a dstyler - can you honestly say that it's fun and fair gameplay to recoil with a dagger after a block? There is no current way to cause a sword user to recoil as a dstyler - this is very one sided and a *clear balance issue* imo.

Recoil animation for swords makes a bit more sense as both of you can block.

And there is currently a bug where the recoil animation will not play in MAIETs code if your target is viewing at a certain angle, not relative to the dagger user, which is commonly referred to as dmachine. I don't like the idea of having to predict an opponent - who already can block to avoid ranged damage entirely if you're in dmachine range - to avoid a recoil animation which may be affected by frame lag.

As for the range idea I think putting them on 220 range - equal to Kodachis/Swords - is 'more than fair' for daggers. I would much rather see recoil removed than a range increase. And the poll will likely implement one, not both. I'm trusting the community with this one.
    Last edited by SecretsOTheP; 01-19-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
    As a dstyler - can you honestly say that it's fun and fair gameplay to recoil with a dagger after a block? There is no current way to cause a sword user to recoil as a dstyler - this is very one sided and a *clear balance issue* imo.

And there is currently a bug where the recoil animation will not play in MAIETs code if your target is viewing at a certain angle, not relative to the dagger user, which is commonly referred to as dmachine. I don't like the idea of having to predict an opponent - who already can block to avoid ranged damage entirely if you're in dmachine range - to avoid a recoil animation which may be affected by frame lag.

As for the range idea I think putting them on 220 range - equal to Kodachis/Swords - is 'more than fair' for daggers. I would much rather see recoil removed than a range increase. And the poll will likely implement one, not both. I'm trusting the community with this one.
    As a d styler i would say it's not always fair but you could also get the sword user to massive,that would lead up to 4-5 more stabs behind them which seems fair to me.
    Also there was a bug on aeria that when someone was stabbed as soon as they massived they would be in massive lock animation,that always felt good but i know it's probably not replicable on Fgunz.

Jitse the god

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    Don't understand why the changes on kodachi's are necessary. They are fine as they are, and glad players in general who are skilled a them are able to use them effectively e.g with the use of void step.

If you don't understand what I mean just look at the following video and see how well they can be used if used by a skilled player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Up6SHnEZt0

+ I'm pretty sure that if the kodachi's delay would to get reduced then it would just get abused by gunners since they rarely initiate with their sword and extra spamming blocking would just prevent them from getting initiate on by swords, making spbs less viable.
    Fu ***** let me tbf

kkkkkkkkkkkkk

''/taunt'' - Mad people

Country
    Thanks
    I think ''buff-ing'' the kodachi isnt fair, there are people that use macros for tbfing and this is already a shit, now imagine someone qbfing you in a corner
    I think the damage of the kodachis are enough balanced
    Removing the recoil from daggers will make people troll on a [M] tagged room, and ghost evade will disappear of the game
    ''buff-ing'' the range of the dagger is okay, but if someone have higher ping, he'll have lead and the range increase on your side, but it'll make it not ''useless''
    anymore on glad
    So, i vote on the range increase for daggers

''/taunt'' - Mad people

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post

As a dstyler, i think it'll be easier to dmachine, and i dont want it, it would be so easy dmachine-pb people because youll not looking down to prevent recoils, and dmachining without shaking your camera and paying attention in every angle that you cn possibly get recoiled isnt fun

Real Girl

Thanks
    So far Option 1 and Option 4 are winning. If nothing changes in the next few days, I think we'll integrate these two.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    Okay so,as this is kinda what i was asking in my other thread.
    Since I've been using daggers since version 6 I've noticed that back then it was a little more useful but now with anti lead it's become so under used.
    But i have to say,i think it's unfair for you to remove recoil and would make ghost evading and phantom evading pretty much gone.
    The dagger delay is so good now,it's just like ijji and it actually doesn't feel spam-able.
    So really the only thing i would agree with is the dagger range increased. It's fair to get recoiled after stabbing someone straight on.
    If you don't know,when you look down and try to stab someone straight on it doesn't recoil or do the animation.
    Dagger machine (looking down and stabbing and circling the opponent) would be abusive as hell..
    I say keep the recoil,increase the range.
    Daggers aren't useless,it's just people's lack of knowledge about them that make them look inferior.
    An elite dstyler due to antilead, swords range, etc. can't beat a true elite k styler, I've never seen it happen. Also, looking down still causes a recoil, otherwise kstylers that utilize angles would always look down.

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    can someone explain to me what dagger recoil is exactly? I used them every so often when I was still playing the game.
    I have no knowledge of daggers though, I just liked a difference in playstyle once in a while, so what is it exactly?
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Again View Post
    can someone explain to me what dagger recoil is exactly? I used them every so often when I was still playing the game.
    I have no knowledge of daggers though, I just liked a difference in playstyle once in a while, so what is it exactly?
    im guessing its the "stunned" when you hit someone with dagger and hes blocking your slash i think thats what they mean with recoil

i call it stunned lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information