Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I believe Dave said the removal of roomtags wouldn't happen due to it being too much hassle, although this would be a big help in terms of balancing, sadly the Gunz players at FG have grew into placing tags in every gameroom to the point where if a room doesn't consist of such tag they'll leave to find a room that does.
    I know they are accustomed to it and some wouldnt like that change. I just believe infinite ammo is the most detrimental to balancing, since its hard to balance a weapon for say clan wars where there is never infinite ammo and then normal rooms where there can be infinite ammo. So because of that fact therein lies the problem. R would be ok without ia because if you choose to burn through your ammo well then you have consequences to that but you are still allowed to choose if you want to play bursty or not. Even I have become accustomed to ia. But I still think its the right thing to do for balancing, maybe not for the server though. Those are 2 differrent things.
    Last edited by S1lent; 01-25-2016 at 06:05 PM.

ijramist's Avatar 𝗶𝗷𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁

Country
    Thanks
    In addition to my post, To get the server more balanced I would suggest to remove all the tags.
    It's really dumb.

Thanks
    Room tags are irrelevant to me. As long as you don't balance anything around room tags and solely balance around cw then who cares? I have a bigger problem with AnD games existing than with room tags. [r] is a great tag for berserker/dm/practicing certain things, and it doesn't make tdm unplayable. I don't get people complaining about [ia], that tag is actually irrelevant unless you're playing a 4v4 [lead] cw against 300 pings which you can't even do on fg. I would like to see a [cw] room tag that enforces cw rules (aka sniper ban, which would be an excellent room tag). The cw room tag could also disable all other room tags except [lead].

For shotguns I don't care whether delay is low or high or clip size is 5million as long as everyone is playing on an even playing field. I'm fine with that even playing field being the donation sgs. I do slightly prefer 5 shot sgs with the option of one 6 shot (donation+, limitbreaker, with otherwise identical stats to donor). Managing ammo and pressuring during reload is a skill.

I like the [v] stats more than the donor stats. Maybe I'm a minority on that one. It's not a big deal though. Hp/ap values only matter if they're ridiculously low or high relative to sg damage, and fg is well within a good range.

If you're talking about balancing other weapons then the sniper is completely broken, but you guys know that because it's disabled in cw. Revs are really weak here too. But maybe that's a good thing.

I own all the donor stuff, even lb, and wouldn't care about nerfs. I think a lot of people would though. The problem with the current sg balance is the donation+, limitbreaker, has nowhere to go for a little extra edge and is just busted with 10 damage. FG has good balance overall and changing the lb to a 10x5 and calling it a day is probably good enough. 9x6 would do more damage without reloading, lb would do more relevant upfront damage, and lb already has slightly higher delay.
    Last edited by kekeface; 01-25-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    MELEES
    -Katanas
    How about an actual Rusty Sword? 15 dmg or at least keep level 1 at 359 delay. There's a reason glads didn't play in pservers with scrub delays, and for a time people played DG for the correct damage/delay that it's supposed to be. Remove or change the look of the skinned weapons that look exactly the same, but have different stats. Either keep Rusty or Lightweight, not both. Also applies to Iron and Military. Editing textures in this game is so easy I could cry, it can be something so minor as giving lightweight swords a blue handle and making Military sword look like Steel sword.

Swords should never go over 25 dmg at highest level. 28 damage for donor swords is absurd and should be toned back to 26-27 maximum. Swords should never be under 320 delay. The insta sword is worthless for training instas and only serves as a purpose to harass and troll other players. A longer reach will never help you train once you switch to normal swords, get rid of it.

-Kodachis
    Kodachis should be shorter length than Katanas as they were originally, as of now they are just easy to spam low delay Katanas. With shorter reach of a Kodachi you will actually get different playstyles and tactics. If no change to range, Kodachis should be lower damage than Katanas to balance the DPS.

-Large Swords
    Remove x2 Lswords. They were never meant to be large-kodachis and Lswordx2 spam long range high damage voidstep. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a normal Lsword x1 so the x2s should be cut out or drastically redone to promote more variety. The balance on Lswords is very bad, and all x2s have more damage than x1s thus making Lsword x1s totally pointless to have in the xml. Lsword x1 should have more damage than Lsword x2 to balance the delay not the other way around.

-Daggers
    Daggers have the biggest risk, so they should have the biggest buff compared to other weapons. Shortest range, high damage and low delay. Remove speed daggers, nothing but a buggy weapon. Speed daggers encourage use of macros, and its very common.

-Spears
    Which is what you call "Long Daggers" in FG. They should get longer delays to balance the longer reach.

-Remove. All. Donor. Elements.
    The difference between max level elements and donor elements are just stupid. Donor elements are probably THE lamest thing on this server, tons of rooms have [ni] because of it. Market elements are not that bad in itself but donor elements are pure cancer. Donor elements are the most un-skillful and un-fun thing in this server, it's just farming exp off a lucky hit as the opponent cant do anything about it once they are hit.

-------
    With all of the differences in melees, you should expose the "range" or length stat in the item shop.

GUNS
    -Revolvers
    Similarly to melees, expose "control" in gun stats besides shotguns and rockets for an idea on how much accuracy a gun has. Revs in this server feel unreliable and trashy because they all feel like Phantoms, which was the LEAST accurate revolvers in GunZ. Why not bring higher accuracy to x1 weapons so players have to be smart if they want to sacrifice damage for accuracy on x2 weapons? Revs x1 can have more ammunition to balance the lower damage.

-Shotguns
    Why is there no Avengers but instead there is x2 shotguns? Bring back Avengers and replace x2 shotguns. You can balance them roughly the same as x2 shotguns, higher weight but higher damage and lower clip. Avengers brings it's own style of gameplay of extremely hard hitting, making every shot count. x2 shotguns bring nothing.
    Last edited by Qwin; 01-26-2016 at 08:53 PM.

5. The following 3 users say thank you to Qwin for this useful post:

Dave (01-26-2016), Bunny (01-26-2016), Tumble (02-02-2016)

shminkie's Avatar Gladiator

Country
    Thanks
    im here for the melee. it seems this person was quite angry typing out what he wrote. (person below me)
    i'd like to say i agree almost completely with the melee, except for that his opinions need to be softened up.
    regarding his balancing about the swords and the skins, good stuff.
    balance damage and delays, fine with me. although no delays below 320, meh.
    his points made on the ''abuse'' are good ones in my opinion. for example someone with kods that uses that one specific style
    i call it kodachi abuse for shits n giggles, xd.
    i dont mind fighting anything, some things can use a proper soft balancing though.
    and what he said about the big two swords and one big swords kodachi and normal kodachi stuff, like the range. mhm.. rethinking it in terms he made is a good thing.
    give GunZ more feel and variety.

again his opinions like REMOVE and NO DELAYS BELOW seem very extreme to me, although sometimes such opinions are needed. u can use such as a foundation for softer balancing
    Last edited by shminkie; 02-02-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Weapon: Shotgun

Low level stats: Damage 7 / Delay 1100 / Clips 5
    Mid level stats: Damage 8 / Delay 1000 / Clips 5
    High level stats: Damage 9 / Delay 1000 / Clips 5
    Donation stats: Damage 9 / Delay 1000 / Clips 5
    Donation+ stats: Damage 9 / Delay 950 / Clips 6

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback so far. We're going to use the information provided here for our next client version weapon balancement.
    The more feedback, the better.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    completely remove the double largeswords/nerf them. they have much more damage than the x1 largeswords and kodachi's and the inability to block is not a disadvantage since everyone who uses em are 200 pingers

autism's Avatar TBG.

Country
    Thanks
    bring back pills and vials please

buff limitbreaker to 12 dmg also make donor acceleration go faster
    or even better make a vial that gives health and ap over time AND makes u go fast....
    Last edited by autism; 02-02-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe use the old stats from ijji?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information