Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Enriceq View Post
    sorry dave but this idea is bad ...
    State your reasons why. Because it's a change that will most likely be happening

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Very soon.

3. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Resort (02-16-2016)

Thanks
    Using weight to balance snipers/certain other guns is fine, but weight is something you need to be careful with when it comes to things people commonly equip.

Weight mostly alienates players and makes the game more complicated than it has to be, because there will always be an optimal setup for whatever weight restriction is present. It's fine to use weight for sniper or things like that, but weight for melee weapons/armor/meds/common sg or rev loadouts is a big trap unless you make a ridiculously powerful and gimmicky melee weapon that has a really high weight or something along those lines. Even that is kind of bad because of the glad community.

A certain server is really unapproachable because of its convoluted equipment system, and even the old igunz/ijji/official style weight system is pure garbage. Nostalgia aside, having to bust out a pen and paper or spreadsheet or javascript calculator to figure out your armor setup was super pointless and dumb. Weapon weights are okay, but making different armors have slightly different hp/ap values and different weights just adds a layer of complexity that has a single solution and adds nothing to the game.

Arguably, setting -hp/-ap with a 0 weight weapon (sniper/mgun/dual rifles?) would achieve similar results to adding high weight. Two snipers is not a problem because one sniper+another weapon (rifle/mg/shotgun) is likely more optimal than two snipers. Snipers are too accurate, can be aimed then scoped+fired immediately, and do too much damage relative to the other guns in the game. That is their problem and why they are pretty much overpowered garbage. Adding weight or an equivalent to them doesn't fix them, because a single sniper equipped is game breaking.

Revs and shotguns are super inconsistent, rev damage is low, and rifles don't do burst damage or allow for mobility while using them. Rifles are like lightning gun in quake except you can't have high accuracy due to how gunz' movement system works. Sniper has none of these drawbacks. It's literally move as fast as normal, switch+point, right+left click, 90% of your hp is gone from anywhere on the map. Revs are how snipers work in the gameplay environment of gunz.

I also think you should address that sniper can be used in TDM but not CW. It's unfair that such an overpowered weapon can ruin a format that could be seen as "practice" for cw. If it were enabled in CW then fine, everyone has to use sniper because that's this server's unique thing. Please disable it from both or at least give a tag to disable it. [sgo] is not the same because cw is not [sgo] and only big babies care if someone is using revs or non-sniper guns.
    Last edited by kekeface; 02-17-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    to start, GET RID OF [R] TAG???????? Best stats are 120/100 all around. no level restrictions since we all know how to play gunz by now. donors would be 130-110. shop sgs at all lvls(0-99) should do 8 dmg/5x5 with 1k delay(no need for lower delays...) donors would do 9/6x5. lb would be 10/6x5 or 6x6 and still in lucky boxes(would change since it's harder to get). the vials are already removed so that's fine. And yea. You want a balanced server where skill outweighs spam, there you go

6. The following user said thank you to Avenge for this useful post:

Traumatiser (02-24-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Avenge View Post
    to start, GET RID OF [R] TAG???????? Best stats are 120/100 all around. no level restrictions since we all know how to play gunz by now. donors would be 130-110. shop sgs at all lvls(0-99) should do 8 dmg/5x5 with 1k delay(no need for lower delays...) donors would do 9/6x5. lb would be 10/6x5 or 6x6 and still in lucky boxes(would change since it's harder to get). the vials are already removed so that's fine. And yea. You want a balanced server where skill outweighs spam, there you go
    preach

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    I think that aside balance, which is a big issue, there's the bigger problem of people walking because there's no reason not to right now. Kinda ruins/ruined the fun for me.

So I guess I'd go with something like this:

Weapon: Shotgun
    Low level stats: 6 dmg / 1100 delay 5x5
    Mid level stats: 6 dmg / 1000 delay // 7 dmg / 1100 delay 5x5
    High level stats: 7 dmg / 1000 delay 5x5
    Donation stats: 8 dmg / 1100 delay 5x5
    Donation+ stats: 8 dmg / 1000 delay 5x5 (possibly 5x6)

As far as balance goes, donor would give an advantage, but it wouldn't be overpowering. I don't think the goal is to have regular shotguns boasting the power of avengers.
    Anyways, I should know that this is not falling into deaf ears, but I really don't have the motivation to go through all the weapon types unless I know it would actually get a reply (no doubt you're seeing it, but a reply's always appreciated as an actual acknowledgement off seeing it). So I guess this is just a sample of stats with no wall of justification written to back it up.

Anyways, I haven't always agreed with everything, but I know you guys are working only in the best interest of this server and I appreciate it. So, once again, thanks for showing an interest in balance and what we have to say.

Best regards,
    -Jawarisin
    Last edited by Jawarisin; 02-25-2016 at 09:04 AM.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

Thanks
    Low level stats: 6 damage 950 delay 5x5
    Mid level stats: 7 damage 1150-950 delay 5x5
    High level stats: 8 damage , 9 damage for level 99. 1100-100 delay 5x5
    Donation stats: The same as they are now
    Donation+ stats: The same as they are now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information