Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Firebrand~'s Avatar Brand of Justice-Yo daddy

Thanks
    Ok what I'm about to post will be huge, and it's you choice to read, but if you do tell me how this is poorly written or doesn't make sense. Nice criticism please.

Honey and Mumford's Questionnaire they made was called the VARK test. It stands for Visual Auditory/Aural Read/Write Kinaesthetic test. The test is used in schools and colleges, and its used to make sure the teachers know that you are learning the best way you can, but isn't always accurate and can sometimes be wrong, but it does depend on what the actual user has chosen, and whether they've chosen what they think or just guessed most of the questions.
    David Kolb was a man who researched various techniques to the human brain, various learning styles, and how people would learn how to deal with learning specific things. He invented the Experiential Cycle, which was a theory he put forward to show how some people would learn, and how a lot of people had learned through by doing this cycle. He's also a professor of organizational on the behavior in weather head school of management.

Active/reflective learners
    Active Reflective

Active learners like to remember Information by experiencing it first hand, and then remember how to do the task/subject they learned through the experience. While reflective learners will learn the tasks or subject by thinking clearly about how the process works and then experiment with the concept they get, and gain experience through their idealization of how that particular happened.
    Reflective learners would prefer to work alone to memorize information in their head. They'd hear the information and let it process through their brain and make sure its stuck in their memory. Sometimes having too much of one learning curb can be a problem. You are bound to make a mistake somewhere if you do something without thinking about it. Moreover, if you think too long on one thing you are going to miss your chance to use the information you have gathered. It does tend to be good if you can get a good balance of both, it can really be helpful to your way of learning, and how fast you learn subjects, as you can be active, get involved in the lesson/subject your learning and go away and think about it to yourself.

Sensing/Intuitive learners

Sensing types of learners prefer to learn things by pure facts while intuitive learners like to learn by finding relations between subjects, or through possibilities. Say each type of learner was to solve a maths equation, the Sense type student would probably find this difficult if they hadn’t covered the actual test before. Whereas, Intuitive learners would have had their problems, but they would know how to deal with it, as they can come up with new concepts easier. Also, they hate going over things that may repeat what they already know; they have distinct differences. For instance, Sensors prefer to use real world facts to do research, while intuitive learners like to experiment and use different information that may not be factual but that could create a solution to something new, like a new idea or concept.

Visual/Verbal learners

Visual learners prefer to learn or see something through graphs, pictures, imaginative presentations that would further ground the subject they’re learning, while verbal learners prefer to learn through lectures and verbal speeches, they'd use cassette tapes to listen to a lecture they might have heard once or twice to actually remember . This can get problematic for Visual learners since most things are explained through tongue and not presentations. It can vary in how a lesson is taught.

Sequential/Global learners

By taking it step by step and making sure each step follows off logically from the last, Sequential learners are able to learn. If they didn't, it wouldn't make sense to them, which is why they sometimes have problems to advance if they didn't understand it. Global learners can jump in bounds in a subject, but sometimes they trip when it comes to explaining how they understood it. Its like an instinct to learn things clearly without seeing the whole picture.

The feedback I got was very poorly written, if you can tell me how, that would be EXTREMELY helpful.

Taylorx3's Avatar Failure<3

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ~Firebrand~ View Post
    Ok what I'm about to post will be huge, and it's you choice to read, but if you do tell me how this is poorly written or doesn't make sense. Nice criticism please.

Honey and Mumford's Questionnaire they made was called the VARK test. It stands for Visual Auditory/Aural Read/Write Kinaesthetic test. The test is used in schools and colleges, and its used to make sure the teachers know that you are learning the best way you can, but isn't always accurate and can sometimes be wrong, but it does depend on what the actual user has chosen, and whether they've chosen what they think or just guessed most of the questions.
    David Kolb was a man who researched various techniques to the human brain, various learning styles, and how people would learn how to deal with learning specific things. He invented the Experiential Cycle, which was a theory he put forward to show how some people would learn, and how a lot of people had learned through by doing this cycle. He's also a professor of organizational on the behavior in weather head school of management.

Active/reflective learners
    Active Reflective

Active learners like to remember Information by experiencing it first hand, and then remember how to do the task/subject they learned through the experience. While reflective learners will learn the tasks or subject by thinking clearly about how the process works and then experiment with the concept they get, and gain experience through their idealization of how that particular happened.
    Reflective learners would prefer to work alone to memorize information in their head. They'd hear the information and let it process through their brain and make sure its stuck in their memory. Sometimes having too much of one learning curb can be a problem. You are bound to make a mistake somewhere if you do something without thinking about it. Moreover, if you think too long on one thing you are going to miss your chance to use the information you have gathered. It does tend to be good if you can get a good balance of both, it can really be helpful to your way of learning, and how fast you learn subjects, as you can be active, get involved in the lesson/subject your learning and go away and think about it to yourself.

Sensing/Intuitive learners

Sensing types of learners prefer to learn things by pure facts while intuitive learners like to learn by finding relations between subjects, or through possibilities. Say each type of learner was to solve a maths equation, the Sense type student would probably find this difficult if they hadn’t covered the actual test before. Whereas, Intuitive learners would have had their problems, but they would know how to deal with it, as they can come up with new concepts easier. Also, they hate going over things that may repeat what they already know; they have distinct differences. For instance, Sensors prefer to use real world facts to do research, while intuitive learners like to experiment and use different information that may not be factual but that could create a solution to something new, like a new idea or concept.

Visual/Verbal learners

Visual learners prefer to learn or see something through graphs, pictures, imaginative presentations that would further ground the subject they’re learning, while verbal learners prefer to learn through lectures and verbal speeches, they'd use cassette tapes to listen to a lecture they might have heard once or twice to actually remember . This can get problematic for Visual learners since most things are explained through tongue and not presentations. It can vary in how a lesson is taught.

Sequential/Global learners

By taking it step by step and making sure each step follows off logically from the last, Sequential learners are able to learn. If they didn't, it wouldn't make sense to them, which is why they sometimes have problems to advance if they didn't understand it. Global learners can jump in bounds in a subject, but sometimes they trip when it comes to explaining how they understood it. Its like an instinct to learn things clearly without seeing the whole picture.

The feedback I got was very poorly written, if you can tell me how, that would be EXTREMELY helpful.
    ummmm you wrote this? bravo for starters anyways...I found that this fits perfectly in like my school. Maybe you should give examples to each "section". IE active/refelect would be like skater, or like outdoor, or like fixer uppers, sequentail would be perfectionists (grammer lovers out there [soren,grascen,nitro,jak?]),visual learners i would say like artists, day dreamers things like that..., sensing ugh no offence to anyone but this kinda made me think of like "nerds" or the really smart people..., and finally gobals which would be like ADD type of people who cant stand to study one thing for hours.... anyways good job o.o maybe you should go into like writing or something o.o

Feinted's Avatar Donator

Country
    Thanks
    You lost me at Okay.

What's this all about?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Feinted View Post
    You lost me at Okay.

What's this all about?
    hes writing about how someone research a place on how we students learn.. and how people can learn in different ways... and how schools should have all these different ways of learning....... geez read it at least cuz it made perfect sense .....

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taylorx3 View Post
    ummmm you wrote this? bravo for starters anyways...I found that this fits perfectly in like my school. Maybe you should give examples to each "section". IE active/refelect would be like skater, or like outdoor, or like fixer uppers, sequentail would be perfectionists (grammer lovers out there [soren,grascen,nitro,jak?]),visual learners i would say like artists, day dreamers things like that..., sensing ugh no offence to anyone but this kinda made me think of like "nerds" or the really smart people..., and finally gobals which would be like ADD type of people who cant stand to study one thing for hours.... anyways good job o.o maybe you should go into like writing or something o.o
    While I didn't create learning styles I did write this about it. And thanks, gave me a good hint as to why she might not understand my essay. I'll give it a try.^_~

Read it before you ask what it's about, or don't. It's learning styles btw, it could help you.

It's more of an examination of learning styles.
    Last edited by ~Firebrand~; 11-18-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks
    u wrote that? skills more lol.... teach plz =3 anyways i agree people shouldnt be lazy when they see a some what long paragraph and be like... oh ill read the start maybe the middle and just the end..... READ THE WHOLE THING PPL....

Thanks
    u wrote that? skills more lol.... teach plz =3 anyways i agree people shouldnt be lazy when they see a some what long paragraph and be like... oh ill read the start maybe the middle and just the end..... READ THE WHOLE THING PPL....
    You can tell who reads books and who doesn't just by that. Well I've shown it to you and 5 other people I trust to read it, and so far they said it's as clear and as basic as it can be. So I'm going to talk with the lecturer to see what's wrong.o_O

Thanks for reading btw.
    Last edited by ~Firebrand~; 11-22-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks
    reading soemthing a maturing boy or girl wrote is most fun =3 yw? o.o WRITE MOREEEE im bored lol

Rash's Avatar ♣ ¶ §¡mplÿ The ßesT ♣

Country
    Thanks
    No matter how i tried i cant read all of that as i got some work to do and dont wanna fall asleep i guess the first part should be exited to convince me to read it but i like the words you use

Thanks
    Originally Posted by taylorx3 View Post
    u wrote that? Skills more lol.... Teach plz =3 anyways i agree people shouldnt be lazy when they see a some what long paragraph and be like... Oh ill read the start maybe the middle and just the end..... Read the whole thing ppl....
    taylorrr i miss youu
    Isabella l Red Coats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information