Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lygophobia's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9cvd3C

^ any suggestions? (Already bought the case, buying the rest of it this friday)

Edit: am undecided on the video card, can't pick between getting 970 , 980 ti, or going all out and getting Titan X
    Last edited by Lygophobia; 03-01-2016 at 04:25 AM.

See what you're missing.

Country
    Thanks
    Just get the 980ti the titan x not worth

3. The following user said thank you to xPeace for this useful post:

Lygophobia (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks, any other recommendations for the build?

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Comments on this thread might help.

Thanks
    @#1Chef
    Thanks, it did help out a bit, but in response to jetman saying i7 isn't the way to go, i'm just going to Overclock this to 4.5 Maybe a bit higher and leave it be, I believe this chip will be a bit cooler than the i5 at that clock, and regardless ynot give intel a bit of extra money

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lygophobia View Post
    @#1Chef
    Thanks, it did help out a bit, but in response to jetman saying i7 isn't the way to go, i'm just going to Overclock this to 4.5 Maybe a bit higher and leave it be, I believe this chip will be a bit cooler than the i5 at that clock, and regardless ynot give intel a bit of extra money
    The chip won't be any cooler than the i5, and truthfully, there's absolutely no need to overclock to 4.5ghz. Why? 1. b/c your chip might not even be stable at 4.5 without having to increase the voltage, which can shorten the life of the processor, and 2. you're gonna raise temps by ocing to 4.5 and you won't get any noticeable increase in framerates. Get 1k fps in gunz, now 1200, that's not noticeable in the least. 4ghz is more than enough. Now, My recommendation is the i5 6600k, oc it to 4ghz, and use that extra 100 bucks to get a gtx 980 instead of getting a 970.
    Last edited by Jetman; 03-01-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    The chip won't be any cooler than the i5, and truthfully, there's absolutely no need to overclock to 4.5ghz. Why? 1. b/c your chip might not even be stable at 4.5 without having to increase the voltage, which can shorten the life of the processor, and 2. you're gonna raise temps by ocing to 4.5 and you won't get any noticeable increase in framerates. Get 1k fps in gunz, now 1200, that's not noticeable in the least. 4ghz is more than enough. Now, My recommendation is the i5 6600k, oc it to 4ghz, and use that extra 100 bucks to get a gtx 980 instead of getting a 970.
    Thanks, but wouldn't overclocking the i5 to 4 Ghz cause me to increase the voltage and shorten the life span? and really, money isn't a problem i have a great job, i do appreciate you taking the time to reply though, and i do value your suggestions, and thanks for informing me it shortens the life span.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Thanks, but wouldn't overclocking the i5 to 4 Ghz cause me to increase the voltage and shorten the life span? and really, money isn't a problem i have a great job, i do appreciate you taking the time to reply though, and i do value your suggestions, and thanks for informing me it shortens the life span.
    Good that you noticed that, yes in theory it could indeed shorten the life span. Not saying that it will 100% for certain happen, but it can happen. If you're not too keen on overclocking due to that, then yes get the 6700k and go with a gtx 980 or an r9 fury if the price is right. Amd seems to get better performance under dx12 for the moment.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Good that you noticed that, yes in theory it could indeed shorten the life span. Not saying that it will 100% for certain happen, but it can happen. If you're not too keen on overclocking due to that, then yes get the 6700k and go with a gtx 980 or an r9 fury if the price is right. Amd seems to get better performance under dx12 for the moment.
    Thanks I appreciate it, i don't really like AMD anymore, so if i get the 980 should i get ti? or just regular 980? also, any suggestions on other parts of the build?

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Thanks I appreciate it, i don't really like AMD anymore, so if i get the 980 should i get ti? or just regular 980? also, any suggestions on other parts of the build?
    Well, If you want the best, the 980 ti of course, and then 12gb ddr4 ram, then i'd get a 2tb hdd and a 128gb ssd. use the ssd for windows, and the 2tb hdd for everything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information