Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FGamerNL's Avatar ^FGamer^8NL^1

Country
    Thanks

I can't startup the game anymore for some reason. the launcher works but when I press on "play Fgunz" the game does not pop up. I am getting messagebox with "error"

How to fix this?

I already tried deleting my config file which didn't end in succes...

http://pastebin.com/6cQjJLUG
    I've uploaded the mlog file ^

Although I can't find anything wrong in it...

what to do?...

Banned

Thanks
    wait, have you tried opening gunz without getting the message box that says error? try to open gunz and when it says play Fgunz click on it and gunz should open if my calculations are accurate

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Add gunz.exe to the exception list of your anti-virus (if you have any), run as administrator, make sure you're not running it in compatibility mode.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Add gunz.exe to the exception list of your anti-virus (if you have any), run as administrator, make sure you're not running it in compatibility mode.
    it's already there. as for the compatibility mode, I tried every single option, none of them were working so I set that back to default. I always run everything as administrator. even now I'm still trying but I am still getting this error.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Jiiigglypuff View Post
    wait, have you tried opening gunz without getting the message box that says error? try to open gunz and when it says play Fgunz click on it and gunz should open if my calculations are accurate
    when I run Gunz.exe I get the same error. game doesn't even start. that messagebox.show pops up inmediatly

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by FGamerNL View Post
    http://i63.tinypic.com/10q9e1e.png it's already there. as for the compatibility mode, I tried every single option, none of them were working so I set that back to default. I always run everything as administrator. even now I'm still trying but I am still getting this error.

- - - Updated - - -

when I run Gunz.exe I get the same error. game doesn't even start. that messagebox.show pops up inmediatly
    that's windows firewall you need to add it to your antivirus exception list lol like dave said

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Stuwadie View Post
    that's windows firewall you need to add it to your antivirus exception list lol like dave said
    I don't have an antivirus installed and I turned windows defender off

Kronix's Avatar Dead

Country
    Thanks
    Try deleting your Gunz.exe and start the Launcher. It shall give you the fresh Gunz.exe from the server. Just incase your Gunz.exe got corrupted. Give it a try

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
    Try deleting your Gunz.exe and start the Launcher. It shall give you the fresh Gunz.exe from the server. Just incase your Gunz.exe got corrupted. Give it a try
    Did not work sadly... I tried reinstalling aswell, its not the game nor the launcher / files, something in my laptop is blocking gunz from running I think. idk what though... the pre-installed gunz aint working aswell..

Kronix's Avatar Dead

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by FGamerNL View Post
    Did not work sadly... I tried reinstalling aswell, its not the game nor the launcher / files, something in my laptop is blocking gunz from running I think. idk what though... the pre-installed gunz aint working aswell..
    Have you been playing Gunz using Windows 8 before? I read the mlog and it says Windows 8 6.2 Build 9200 eventho you're using Windows 10 and is this first time you tried to play FGunz on Windows 10? It might be compability issue. Sorry I'm not really good at this stuff to be honest

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
    Have you been playing Gunz using Windows 8 before? I read the mlog and it says Windows 8 6.2 Build 9200 eventho you're using Windows 10 and is this first time you tried to play FGunz on Windows 10? It might be compability issue. Sorry I'm not really good at this stuff to be honest
    Nope I installed windows 10 pro clean on this machine. I ran it before but 2 days ago this error just popped up out of nowhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information