Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Natalie's Avatar Programmer

Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion title: Limit the Shotgun Distance

Suggestion description: Can you possibly lower the shotgun shot distance? Reason I'm asking this, cause if you go to skill map and someone at the other side while you are around spawn area, you can still hit the player and this is quite a long distance. Unfair since shotguns are made up close. Since snipers are getting a similar update like this.

Replay Video to show what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rd7sy2wg06...51-10.gzr?dl=0

If you like to know what I'm talking about, if try it your self, the distance is rather super far and can still do dmg.

Extra Notes: You will not see the shots your self, unless you hit the person. May need a partner to do this with.

Also Snipers can't hit as far shottys can. You may think im weird, but yeah try this.

Last edited by Natalie; 03-21-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    yea, you do 9dmg (10dmg if u have lb) if you can even hit. whereas for snipers, before the update, you do 140dmg regardless of the distance, near or far. Now snipers you only do 140dmg when u are far away and lesser when u are closer. its like the opposite of shotgun. I don't know what's your point here. Are you saying the shotgun is op because it does 9-10dmg far ranged? because im sure every other weapon in this game does more dmg than shotgun far ranged LOL
    Last edited by Fearsome; 03-21-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks
    Posted a replay video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rd7sy2wg06...51-10.gzr?dl=0

Originally Posted by Fearsome View Post
    yea, you do 9dmg (10dmg if u have lb) if you can even hit. whereas for snipers, before the update, you do 140dmg regardless of the distance, near or far. Now snipers you only do 140dmg when u are far away and lesser when u are closer. its like the opposite of shotgun. I don't know what's your point here.
    Yeah, I think shotguns still do same damage if there super far away like in my replay. This should also probably be fixed aswell. Though maybe not if they just fix the distance.
    Last edited by Natalie; 03-21-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Shotguns are honestly made with their scattershot in mind. It's fair to have their current distance because it's only picking damage from long range-- at most TWO out of twelve pellets (2x9 on average), and that's IF it hits; while having an ADDITIONAL disadvantage of a lower ammunition clip. Most other longrange weapons with that can hit the same distance don't suffer from scattershot, but rely on precise accuracy each shot to rack up damage.

In a longrange situation, shotguns will lose without an attempt to zone in (unless obviously against another shotgun-- which is the metagame anyways).

The tradeoffs are fair. The only thing making the shotguns annoying in that situation are the fact that roomtags exist and you can just keep shooting without clipping out while chipping away damage that ultimately adds up over time.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Shotguns are honestly made with their scattershot in mind. It's fair to have their current distance because it's only picking damage from long range-- at most TWO out of twelve pellets (2x9 on average), and that's IF it hits; while having an ADDITIONAL disadvantage of a lower ammunition clip. Most other longrange weapons with that can hit the same distance don't suffer from scattershot, but rely on precise accuracy each shot to rack up damage.

In a longrange situation, shotguns will lose without an attempt to zone in (unless obviously against another shotgun-- which is the metagame anyways).

The tradeoffs are fair. The only thing making the shotguns annoying in that situation are the fact that roomtags exist and you can just keep shooting without clipping out while chipping away damage that ultimately adds up over time.
    Well atleast nerfed damage if the distance is fair, but to me the distance isn't fair, atleast the range I am at. I mean the snipers are getting nerfed up close, this is fair for shottys to not hit as far, shown in my replay.
    Last edited by Natalie; 03-21-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    Sounds like a salt suggestion to me. "snipers got nerfed, so shotgun must be nerfed too" How is shotguns op if it does 9dmg far ranged. Please, test every other weapon in the game, they will do more dmg.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fearsome View Post
    Sounds like a salt suggestion to me. "snipers got nerfed, so shotgun must be nerfed too" How is shotguns op if it does 9dmg far ranged. Please, test every other weapon in the game, they will do more dmg.
    Just cause I don't use shotguns, it's crappy dying across the map by one lolol? I mean come on. When you even shoot the sniper at that distance, you don't even see the graphics effect from the bullet.
    Last edited by Natalie; 03-21-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tvirus06 View Post
    Just cause I don't use shotguns, it's crappy dying across the map by one lolol? I mean come on.
    I don't get your point. So you are saying shotguns have to be nerfed cause you died across the map by shotguns? I mean if you are 9hp, you could have died by any other ranged weapon in the game.

Carlo's Avatar LOSER! No Cat in the Hat!

Country
    Thanks
    LOL! hahha, I forgot that shotguns made up of close.. zzzzz!

10. The following user said thank you to Carlo for this useful post:

Natalie (03-21-2016)

Thanks
    Firstly, is skillmap the ONLY map big enough to test this incredible range you are talking about? If it is, then it doesn't matters, cuz no one except random newgens ezpz plays there and they don't use shotguns, they use op weapons like snipers or sprays GG

Edit: Because throughout my entire journey in fgunz, my shotguns has never ever outranged a sniper. So what you are saying is very dubious to me. Of cuz, I've never played in random newgen ezpz maps like skillmap... And of course, if shotgun indeed really have this incredible range you are saying, I doubt reducing the distance of shotguns will have any big impact on fgunz. I mean, who uses shotguns to hide, and run as far as possible, further than the range of sniper(which no one noes how far is it) then begin shooting the enemy. LOL Not to mention, if you have 10/10 aim, you will need probably 30shots to kill the opponent (Assuming you have godlike aim and all hit a far far far far range moving target).
    Last edited by Fearsome; 03-21-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information