Country
    Thanks
    Hello,

It has come to my attention that a good friend of mine has been banned for advertising.

Please note that I will attempt to make the most objective case as possible. Throughout this argument I will disregard any relation to him.

Reference to updated ban times: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...an-Punishments

The first thing I want to say is this list is just ridiculous. If you place the punishable offences in a hierarchical list of severity, advertising would be at the very bottom (being the least severe out of the possible offenses).

However, its ban time is 6 months -- which is on par with hacking's ban time (described as lawnmower, shotbot, aimfix, hitbox, uc/oc, etc.)

Advertising = 6 month ban, hacking = 6 month ban?

Is advertising really as bad as hacking?

Let's see the punishment time for threatening DDoS attacks...

3 months?! 3 months for threatening a criminal offence... that people actually get arrested for?

The judgement of the severity of each situation has been poorly thought out. Advertising, which has little to no effect on the community (under the undeniable assumption that the majority of fgunz players are loyal to this server and this server alone), does not call for a 6 month ban period.

I propose a change to this rule: advertising, the least severe of all possible offenses, should have a ban period of anywhere between 1 and 3 months. Anything more than that is just ridiculous and will blatantly contribute to the downsizing of an already dying game.
    Last edited by PrincessNate; 03-23-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Yes, advertising is as bad as hacking.
    He will have to wait 6, that is six, s i x months.

The punishments are fine as they are. Behave yourself and you wont be banned at all! How hard can it be?!
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

3. The following 4 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Camel (03-23-2016), Michi (03-23-2016), Pigglet (03-23-2016), Stuwadie (03-23-2016)

Thread Information