Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    So I am looking for a new mouse and keyboard, both costing a total of £50>
    I already have an gaming mice, but It doesn't exactly perform the best for GunZ, so I would like to know what you guys use, would a mechanical keyboard be better then a normal one for GunZ?

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Just buy a 10€ logitech mouse lol
    Logitech M90 rlly good
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Eminent's Avatar Teh OG Eminent PEW PEW

Country
    Thanks
    Razer Black Widow + Death Adder.

Thanks
    Mouse - Razer Taipan
    Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB
    best

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    For gunz, mechanical is NOT recommended. I've tried it heavily for maybe 15-20 hours just to see how well I can play using it. A game like gunz requires a large amount of APM (actions per minute) mostly supported from the keyboard's side-- and the way mechanical keyboards are designed are just not good for something like that. They are for rather precise keystrokes for a plethora of other games out there like most Triple-A titles; hence is why mechanical keyboards are becoming the new standard.

I would recommend one basically for everything BUT gunz. I just felt I really had to double pace my keystrokes on a game that already requires you to hit keys very quickly in succession.

Also this is the current mouse I use and I actually love it. Comes with 8 small metal weights that you can insert into a slot to weigh your mouse to what you prefer and it also comes with 4 extra side buttons along with an "On-the-spot" DPI switcher. I only used this site just to show what it is-- I am not sure whether or not it is available to you in your current location, but I do recommend it for its price.

As for a non-mechanical keyboard-- SteelSeries is the way to go for a cheap, but more than decent gaming keyboard. This is the one I currently use for gunz and I've really well adapted to it quickly during the time I first got it. I'm not sure if your price range was for a combined sum or if you meant each, but for both of these item' prices, they are really quite worth it.

6. The following user said thank you to Dualage for this useful post:

Skilly (03-26-2016)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    As far as this goes. Finding a keyboard you like will be about the same experience as finding a mouse you like. Normally it will take a person a couple weeks to get use to a new peripheral device like a mouse or keyboard before you get the best performance or whatever you want to call it since you are still adapting. Membrane or a mechanical with certain type of switches (some are quiet and have a lower travel distance and actuation force) it really just depends what your preferences are. Good luck.

8. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Skilly (03-26-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    using some 10 year old mouse rn but ordered a logitech g402 hyperion fury should be comin soon

as far as keyboard been usin my logitech g15 since like 2007-8 lmao use2 be the best gaming keyboard back then i think its time for an upgrade

10. The following user said thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

Skilly (03-26-2016)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    As far as this goes. Finding a keyboard you like will be about the same experience as finding a mouse you like. Normally it will take a person a couple weeks to get use to a new peripheral device like a mouse or keyboard before you get the best performance or whatever you want to call it since you are still adapting. Membrane or a mechanical with certain type of switches (some are quiet and have a lower travel distance and actuation force) it really just depends what your preferences are. Good luck.
    I dont really mind getting used to a mice/keyboard as long as I know it can work, e.g. I have a gaming mouse which I bought ages ago, but it just doesnt work on gunz, and thanks.

Quick Question : Ive been looking at steel series 100, would that work well? I read somewhere that steel series 300 is pretty good for gunz, but is 100 too?

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Suggest you read this if you want to get further into the topic. Since someone else has explained and made a list already. https://geekhack.org/?topic=56240.0

Pharaoh's Avatar Creative Minds Speak

Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    Suggest you read this if you want to get further into the topic. Since someone else has explained and made a list already. https://geekhack.org/?topic=56240.0
    Thanks for this,reading it all now lmao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information