Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Guntar View Post
    I was very disappointed logging-in to play tonight and finding the reduced Kodachi delay reverted.

I've been bored with GunZ and found that reducing the delay on kodachis made the game fun and enjoyable again the past few several weeks. Frankly using katanas has gotten very boring over many years of playing. I was quite motivated and had a lot of fun with the challenge of attacking faster rather than just simply hitting harder as I easily could with a Deadly Katana.

I went and tried testing current Kodachi's in-game and there's nothing left from what I found to be fun and enjoyable. Their delay is back to old high levels no difference from a Katana other than lower damage.

I'm praying this wasn't some big tease. I had been been waiting for something like this to revive my interest in the game and I'm dispirited after testing to see what (mostly) meant. If mostly means that you bumped the damage up by 1 and called it good, I'll be the first to say I'm not thrilled.

Is there a plan for low delay Kodachi's to be revised further for balance? What's the next step?
    Unfortunately, a large cluster of the players felt as if the kodachi's were not the same anymore and should've been left alone - as they were intended to be.

(even though i see like 5 people with kodachis??)

Sorry for that.

Gladiator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
    Unfortunately, a large cluster of the players felt as if the kodachi's were not the same anymore and should've been left alone - as they were intended to be.

(even though i see like 5 people with kodachis??)

Sorry for that.
    Well like I said, I'm fairly dispirited by this change.

This was something I thought was pretty great and really enjoyed.

If what you're saying is that this is the next step and there's no going back. Then I'm going to be even more disappointed. You can ask just about anyone that saw me active in game the past few weeks; It's all I've been doing. Training and working on the timing because I genuinely enjoyed the resulting gameplay and was hoping it would revive my interest in the game.

I'm truthfully disappointed and pretty disheartened now.

3. The following user said thank you to Guntar for this useful post:

Eddie (04-01-2016)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Well like I said, I'm fairly dispirited by this change.

This was something I thought was pretty great and really enjoyed.

If what you're saying is that this is the next step and there's no going back. Then I'm going to be even more disappointed. You can ask just about anyone that saw me active in game the past few weeks; It's all I've been doing. Training and working on the timing because I genuinely enjoyed the resulting gameplay and was hoping it would revive my interest in the game.

I'm truthfully disappointed and pretty disheartened now.
    Well I am not sure about what the next step is - as I am not apart of the development team. You'll have to wait for an administrator to get back to you on future plans for possible something(s) new in the incoming version (v8).

5. The following user said thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Guntar (04-01-2016)

Gladiator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
    Well I am not sure about what the next step is - as I am not apart of the development team. You'll have to wait for an administrator to get back to you on future plans for possible something(s) new in the incoming version (v8).
    I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed then!

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I was very disappointed logging-in to play tonight and finding the reduced Kodachi delay reverted.

I've been bored with GunZ and found that reducing the delay on kodachis made the game fun and enjoyable again the past few several weeks. Frankly using katanas has gotten very boring over many years of playing. I was quite motivated and had a lot of fun with the challenge of attacking faster rather than just simply hitting harder as I easily could with a Deadly Katana.

I went and tried testing current Kodachi's in-game and there's nothing left from what I found to be fun and enjoyable. Their delay is back to old high levels no difference from a Katana other than lower damage.

I'm praying this wasn't some big tease. I had been been waiting for something like this to revive my interest in the game and I'm dispirited after testing to see what (mostly) meant. If mostly means that you bumped the damage up by 1 and called it good, I'll be the first to say I'm not thrilled.

Is there a plan for low delay Kodachi's to be revised further for balance? What's the next step?
    There were far too many complaints compared to how many people actually appreciated the kodachi changes.
    We can of course rebalance them a little bit, but the animation change will not be touched anymore.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Gladiator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    There were far too many complaints compared to how many people actually appreciated the kodachi changes.
    We can of course rebalance them a little bit, but the animation change will not be touched anymore.
    I'm guessing by animation you're referring to the reduced block delay?

Ouch, is about all I can say. I'm safely assuming this isn't an April fools either.

Dang... There was certainly a group of us that really enjoyed the refresh with the ability to attack faster, we've been training together working on the timing. I wish I had voiced sooner, I was front-lining submitting suggestions and was one of the first to pickup on the Kodachi bugs. First time in a long while I had a refreshed interest.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Okay a few days of this is tolerable.

I understand ng f and ect tags are used for events so it's not needed to have a new tag for GL since we already had all the options. Would be nice though, could go further to make GL all swords same default stats but as long as we have F NG and NI its okay.
    We've been thinking about it and we have some good news for the gladiators: instead of bringing back the [F], [NG] and [NI] roomtags, we're adding a [GLAD] roomtag which will combine all those tags instead.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

BARBARR's Avatar hi

Country
    Thanks
    We've been thinking about it and we have some good news for the gladiators: instead of bringing back the [F], [NG] and [NI] roomtags, we're adding a [GLAD] roomtag which will combine all those tags instead.
    wasnt it my idea ? :9

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    what if i want to make a room glad without [ni]? lol
    Last edited by braazts; 04-01-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Surfen View Post
    what if i want to make a room glad with [ni]? lol
    [GLAD] roomtag will automatically take off your items when you first join the room

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information