Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion title:
    View old replays

Suggestion description:

Since some old replays containt
    • Sick frags
    • Report for players who were once banned but then unbanned because evidence could not be found
    • Evidence against hackers in general
    • sugar spice and errything nice

Let's find a solution for this, it's pretty useful to use old replays in some sort since its not only for frags but reports too, I mostly want this for reports
    Last edited by Taint; 04-25-2016 at 11:20 PM.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Taint for this useful post:

Amers (05-09-2016), ijramist (05-04-2016), Sunfire (04-27-2016), xGhost (04-26-2016)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    maybe an older version of gunz that people can log into just to view replays

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    The only possible way is by running one of the older runnables (gunz.exe) directly and then by viewing the replay at the login screen.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The only possible way is by running one of the older runnables (gunz.exe) directly and then by viewing the replay at the login screen.
    Is it possible to share the old runnables then? Through a website or something I don't know, or an alternative way for this for us to be able to view them

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint
    • Since some old replays containt
    I see what you did there.

I'm pretty sure they don't work anymore though because of recent updates and the old replays are just too old to be able to be re-implemented back into the game.
    Would definitely be nice to have it though.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    I see what you did there. https://cdn.betterttv.net/emote/550b...ee922d2a3e7/1x

I'm pretty sure they don't work anymore though because of recent updates and the old replays are just too old to be able to be re-implemented back into the game.
    Would definitely be nice to have it though.
    Some of those that are so-called 'recent' which aren't a month old are broken for me (after the update) so even the new ones that I had don't work, that's the reason I'm asking for the old runnables or something

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Some of those that are so-called 'recent' which aren't a month old are broken for me (after the update) so even the new ones that I had don't work, that's the reason I'm asking for the old runnables or something
    I think if you ask Dave he'll give them to you.. or they're collecting dust on the forums somewhere.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    I think if you ask Dave he'll give them to you.. or they're collecting dust on the forums somewhere.
    Let us see if we can find a better solution my friend
    patient is key to victory

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    The reason is due to code changes. A replay stores variable values and just plays them back over a timeline. It(the executable) doesnt know what to do with a version that is missing new variables or ones that may have been taken out/changed and vice versa. These variables are in most cases tied to larger features. I wont go into more detail since it would just further complicate the discussion. However Dave is correct that is the simplest way.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    The reason is due to code changes. A replay stores variable values and just plays them back over a timeline. It(the executable) doesnt know what to do with a version that is missing new variables or ones that may have been taken out/changed and vice versa. These variables are in most cases tied to larger features. I wont go into more detail since it would just further complicate the discussion. However Dave is correct that is the simplest way.
    Meaning that running older versions of the client to play old replays would be an easy fix.

Food for thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information