Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Donator

Thanks
    nou,a little drop of a thought in a haystack.

Also by bringing new content has always worked out in every entertainment business these days no matter how you look at it.

Chnmrcd's Avatar - The one that got away.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jiiigglypuff View Post
    erase everything - start over again. but honestly, gunz will die regardless. you can keep polishing it but there are so many variables that influence people not playing. but new content draws folk in. new ensembles, new shit. different events where everybody has an opportunity to win something. or add rare shit that will motivate people to play more to achieve. and fgunz seems to only focus on the gunning side of the community other than the gladiator. damn we even had a developer who was a glad and didn't do shit for glads. and you need to be more aggressive about it. and listen

nobody plays gunz for a shotgun that has koool colors. they play it for the meta and becoming strong. gunz was different from all other games because of that. its all so distorted and feels weird.
    works with me. Cool coloured guns with high damage attracts, motivates and makes me continuously play gunz. Other servers do this kind of thing and it attracts ppl making their server popular.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    The sad truth of it is; no. GunZ cannot and will not be revived. There will be no surge of players that suddenly breath life back into this decrepit game. The skillcap is too high. The game was in no way intended to be what it's ended up to be. As soon as people figured out you could cancel almost every animation, this game was doomed.

The players killed it. You, me. Everyone. The play-style that kept us coming back to the game, ultimately will be the game's death. Hell, it already has been for the most part. No one new is picking the game up. No one. The only way this game spreads and new players start playing, is if a friend who has been playing for years invites them and teaches them. And even then, those players rarely last.

GunZ was a fantastic game developed by an absolutely awful(but amazing at the same time) company. Its flaws ended up being its' greatest points, although they ended up killing it. This game and its history are one of, if not the most, bittersweet thing in video games as a whole.

I really wish it could be, though.
    u should write a book. for some reason I read your post in morgan freemans voice

4. The following user said thank you to Jiiigglypuff for this useful post:

Camel (05-05-2016)

Boostage123's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    host a 4v4 tournament every 2-3 weeks and players will come back, trust me.
    only thing atm is cw full of randoms, you think we would enjoy that shit?

2016 new tgms be like:

Crest's Avatar 하나님

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    Do you think GunZ can be saved despite the toxic community/old functions and engine/it's just not fun as it used to be?

/Discuss

Here I'll start us off: I personally do, once we fix old bugs and add some new gamemodes/get rid of useless shit, e.g; maps that are never used. DTR? Asylum?
    What no one seems to understand is that the more unique changes FG makes, the more toxic FG becomes. The only good thing that came out of the polls and everything else was the choice to remove the vial meds. That's as original as you can get.

People also quit because of room tags and that's honestly the sad truth. Room tags (other than V) are not necessary. We played GunZ before room tags and no one ever thought about room tags all of the sudden everyone bitches and moans when it's removed. The room tags is the primary reason why the skill is gone. (Not even going to touch the subject on removing rank prices because FG was dead even when it was implemented).

Most importantly, everyone's hacking. Cw has been extremely boring since the beginning of 2015, hence this month is the same kids from last month cwing. No challenge, no legitness, no nothing. So that's gone too.

Someone already mentioned it but changing the sg delay to 1000 would be nice. A frequency of tournaments would be nice. And fixing the anti. That's a good start. I guarantee people will come back if you start hosting more tournaments tho.
    Last edited by Crest; 05-06-2016 at 06:30 PM.
    S/o to the Kings...!

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe people get bored after an online game is more than a decade old, besides that. This is nothing like GunZ: The Duel.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Boostage123 View Post
    host a 4v4 tournament every 2-3 weeks and players will come back, trust me.
    only thing atm is cw full of randoms, you think we would enjoy that shit?
    People like you are the toxic we (or at least I) speak of. You sound like you own the competitive player base of GunZ, which is a no. Cause you yourself are a random or whatever.
    If all these ''randoms'' aren't allowed to CW you will never gain players to CW with. Think before you type. New players practicing competitive play is what you of all people need, crying about CW being inactive. They'll become better eventually.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Crest View Post
    What no one seems to understand is that the more unique changes FG makes, the more toxic FG becomes. The only good thing that came out of the polls and everything else was the choice to remove the vial meds. That's as original as you can get.

We have a suggestion section you know, it isn't there just for the "randoms".. we're open-minded to new ideas all of the time.

People also quit because of room tags and that's honestly the sad truth. Room tags (other than V) are not necessary. We played GunZ before room tags and no one ever thought about room tags all of the sudden everyone bitches and moans when it's removed. The room tags is the primary reason why the skill is gone. (Not even going to touch the subject on removing rank prices because FG was dead even when it was implemented).

VIP was implemented before V7, about the time where the playercount took a huge bungee jump into 300+ (???)
    Also the roomtags do drag down the skill I agree with that, but at the moment we don't really have the choice to remove them considering how accustomed the "newer" players are to it. If we were to remove them the player count would drop even lower, believe that - it's the sad truth.

Most importantly, everyone's hacking. Cw has been extremely boring since the beginning of 2015, hence this month is the same kids from last month cwing. No challenge, no legitness, no nothing. So that's gone too.

Not sure what to do about this since most of the so-called hackers are based upon mainly opinion and noone bothers to report them. And usually when there are hackers, the reports start rolling in. (All at once)

Someone already mentioned it but changing the sg delay to 1000 would be nice. A frequency of tournaments would be nice. And fixing the anti. That's a good start. I guarantee people will come back if you start hosting more tournaments tho.

I believe we're in mind for this in the next version. Stay tuned!
    oi oi
    Last edited by Michi; 05-07-2016 at 04:28 PM.

yung's Avatar ∅ ≠ S → ∅

Country
    Thanks
    I think any game can be fun with a toxic community, but not when a game is community-driven... like this. It's really unattractive and that's pretty much the reason I quit, I just cheated and got myself banned so I could quit else I knew I couldn't. Though there are some nice people here like Famous, and most old players I barely remember names. I still visit the forums sometimes because I miss this game, but it'll never be the same as early fgunz (pre v7) when everything was fun.

And to be honest it has nothing to do with game functionality, as bugs and non-Anti-lead never bothered me, if we had the same awesome community as back then it would be the same imo. (Tho some things like pay-to-win shotguns and other cancerous items are gey) A broken game with a fun community is better than a fixed game with a shitty community.

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Well this is what I think.................
    The report section should only be used for reporting hackers.
    If you get annoyed by someone simply use /ignore command.

^ this is what I think sorry if you disagree.

Jestatic's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Was stating my opinion, obviously using the /ignore command is recommended but if the person does it on multiple characters then obviously you're obligated to report that person.

Regardless, I see where you're coming from, but behaving isn't that hard, you do not have to be a rebel.
    so the function /ignore is kinda useless i can see on certain points why it has been made, but other users just simply make a different character and they be back at you.
    should make a change to it so it will affect to all characters that are made but that is going to be messy if they are making new accounts i think.
    sellin 07 osrs gold ^.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information