Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    New To Freestyle Gunz, Played much of the first Gunz. Nice community here. Anyways I've noticed right away every single person in a gun using game mode equips a shotgun. That's it. Every single person plays with a shotgun the same way, it says the gun is unbalanced if people have no reason to use a different gun / weapon.

Why is it unbalanced?

Effective Range is TOO HIGH.

Reload Time is TOO FAST (Get rid of the weapon switching exploit)

Too Many Pellets (Area Coverage / Ease of Aim)

Its a noob cannon that is way too destructive in the hands of a vetted player. I don't want to be pigeon holed into using one weapon to be competitive.

Sidenote: Why do the large melee weapons have no right click function? Gimme a spin attack or something... >_>

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    It's been this way for a long time, introducing other weapons with the same effectiveness only lead to an outrage by the community.
    Though to be fair when other weapons got a buff they got too buffed. (we had snipers which could 1 or 2 shot people, from any distance, revolvers with 2 shot kill abilities
    and we had (actually still do) a predator which can spam the living shit out of every small hallway in the game) besides the weapons mentioned here in my opinion the singular spray guns like a fanfir still hold up to par.

People wanted a shotgun game, they got it. It probably won't ever change.

- it still baffles me how many self proclaimed 'pro shotgun' users say people only used the snipers / revolvers etc. etc. because they lead to easy kills whilst shotguns have been doing that since the beggining of k-style, shotgun users always picked the easy route. Once there was something else everyone cried cause this was the gun everyone was used to-
    Last edited by Again; 06-21-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    the large swords have no defense because of their increased damage

Donator

Country
    Thanks
    I think shotguns are one of the main gameplay elements in Gunz. and there are a few things wrong with your reasons:
    "Reload time is too fast" is because there is a room modifier [R] that enables instant reload.
    The farther away someone is the less pellets hit.
    Edit:
    I do agree that there must be an alternative attack for the large swords
    Last edited by kkbizz; 06-21-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Pc Specs:
    CPU: Intel core i7 6700k @4Ghz
    GPU: MSI GTX 980Ti 6G TF OC
    RAM: 2x Kingston hyperx DDR4 Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    ssd: samsung evo 120 gb +4 Hdd's
    cpu cooler: zalman cnps12x
    case: zalman z11 plus
    Keyboard & Mouse: CM Storm Quickfire (cherry blue, blue leds), Cyborg RAT 7, Steelseries Mousepad
    PSU: corsair 750w full modulair
    Headset: Logitech G430
    Laptop: BTO 15CL58 CPU: i7-4710MQ GPU: GTX 860M 2GB RAM: 24GB 1600Mhz SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB & Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB HDD: 1TB 7200rpm HGST Screen: 15.6 inch Full Hd Mat

Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    the large swords have no defense because of their increased damage
    He ment alternative attack.

But they dont have those for the same reason

Donator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by MrDoom View Post
    New To Freestyle Gunz, Played much of the first Gunz. Nice community here. Anyways I've noticed right away every single person in a gun using game mode equips a shotgun. That's it. Every single person plays with a shotgun the same way, it says the gun is unbalanced if people have no reason to use a different gun / weapon.

Why is it unbalanced?

Effective Range is TOO HIGH.

Reload Time is TOO FAST (Get rid of the weapon switching exploit)

Too Many Pellets (Area Coverage / Ease of Aim)

Its a noob cannon that is way too destructive in the hands of a vetted player. I don't want to be pigeon holed into using one weapon to be competitive.

Sidenote: Why do the large melee weapons have no right click function? Gimme a spin attack or something... >_>
    Everybody use shotgun because its GunZ

Did you ever use other guns? shotgun got the smallest range i guess
    Reload time is also normal
    Shotguns always had 10 pellets

Best signaturee by Amaethon

Lee's Avatar I'm Lee

Thanks
    Uh to other peoples points, I've seen large swords with blocks AND flips, the block didnt work like a normal block though when you blocked it did about a .5-1 second little flip so you actually had to time your blocks, and the flip was really slow and easy to evade. I don't think it would be too overpowered to add that in, its not like it will stop being a niche weapon and start seeing super widespread use

"Oh shit, this is not in private mode" ~ Sonji 2014

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by kkbizz View Post
    I think shotguns are one of the main gameplay elements in Gunz. and there are a few things wrong with your reasons:
    "Reload time is too fast" is because there is a room modifier [R] that enables instant reload.
    The farther away someone is the less pellets hit.
    Edit:
    I do agree that there must be an alternative attack for the large swords
    i remember on onther private server, there was an long sword called Beta longsword, that spinned arround and you can flip on that way

9. The following user said thank you to Mega for this useful post:

Minato (06-22-2016)

Thanks
    So played another day and still stick to the same assessment..

RoF is too high (regardless of a server's perks, in any game mode a person can exploit weapons switching to negate the long delay on this gun)

It's spread is too tight at range
    (I got headshots from clear across dojo)
    It's effective damage is too high If sniper can't kill 1 shot body shot pb behind a person neither should a shotgun...

If you wanted a shotgun game you got it, if you want a balanced game then this has got to change till you see people pick up other weapons again.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MrDoom View Post
    I don't want to be pigeon holed into using one weapon to be competitive.
    you're not, if you have good aim then revs/sprays can be strong too but it's looked down upon because of how cheap they are since they counter shotguns from long distance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information