Wonderboy's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I was playing against a friend in a private room on Freestyle Gunz and after a few rounds began to notice that my mouse was acting very strange. My mouse seemed to be losing and gaining sensitivity dramatically. I checked my in-game mouse sensitivity and it was exactly the same as I left it before. I checked the software for my mouse (Razer DeathAdder Chroma) and acceleration was off, polling rate was at 500 (like always), and my DPI was at default (like always), so there seemed to be no problem there. I ran mouse movement recorder to check to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, and it reported that something seemed to be randomly reducing the sensitivity of my mouse and that Enhance Pointer Precision was somehow turned on. There's no way for me to randomly do this myself, there's nothing on my mouse that will allow me to just randomly switch sensitivities, and this has only ever happened while I was playing Freestyle Gunz, so could something on Gunz have caused this issue? If not, have any idea what might have caused the problem? I'd hate to be playing and trying to have fun only to find that I'm suddenly performing horribly due to this randomly happening again, so I hope to be able to prevent the issue from ever being a problem again if anyone might be able to help me figure out what the problem could be. It stopped after I restarted freestyle Gunz, but it would be annoying to randomly have sensitivity issues in the future while playing.
    Last edited by Wonderboy; 06-22-2016 at 08:01 AM.
    ]

Country
    Thanks
    When did you get this mouse? Is this issue since day 1 of using this mouse, or did it occur after an driver update?
    One of the specs says it has on the fly sensitivity adjustment, but I don't see any buttons for it like my mouse has.
    Another feature it has is "advanced tracking analytics." You might want to disable that if you can just to check, it sounds weird.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Get a normal mouse that doesn't have any of these additional none needed nonsense for fgunz since it only causes bugs anyway?

OT: might wanna check if there isn't any keycombination that you use which might adjust the sensitivity (for example after a driver update which added such feature). As a side note: really, these mice and keyboards that come with their own software really do cause these things when combined with gunz

Wonderboy's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Since this has happened, I used the MarkC mousefix and things have been fine, but I'm not sure that really solved anything because I don't know why this happened to begin with.
    Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    When did you get this mouse? Is this issue since day 1 of using this mouse, or did it occur after an driver update?
    One of the specs says it has on the fly sensitivity adjustment, but I don't see any buttons for it like my mouse has.
    Another feature it has is "advanced tracking analytics." You might want to disable that if you can just to check, it sounds weird.
    I've had this mouse for many months now and the first time the issue ever occured was soon after I made the thread. I can't see any on the fly sensitivity adjustment on my mouse, but I can assign it to a mouse button through Razer Synapse. However, everything is on default, that function isn't assigned to any mouse button by default, and I've neever assigned that function to any of my mouse buttons ever. I don't use the analytics. I really only got this mouse because my older DeathAdder stoped working properly after 4 years, and I've never used a mouse that fit better in my hand. This issue has never occured before and even now it has yet to happen again since then.

Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Get a normal mouse that doesn't have any of these additional none needed nonsense for fgunz since it only causes bugs anyway?

OT: might wanna check if there isn't any keycombination that you use which might adjust the sensitivity (for example after a driver update which added such feature). As a side note: really, these mice and keyboards that come with their own software really do cause these things when combined with gunz
    I'm not aware of and can't see any combination of keys that I use that would cause that to happen, but I'm using a new keyboard (K70 RGB), so I'll look into it more. But I've had the keyboard for 2 weeks now and this has never happened before. Even now, everything is working fine when I play Gunz, but maybe I hit something by accident that might have caused what you're saying to happen. It's funny though because after I closed and restarted Gunz, my sensitivity behaved normally again.
    Last edited by Wonderboy; 06-24-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    ]

Thread Information