Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Hi. I'm currently in the process of rewriting the majority of the game based off Maiet's 1.5 release. So far I've rewritten how configuration is handled(XML is no more) and I'm moving more and more logic to the server side of things. Which means less openings for pesky memory-edits and more performance on the client-side.
    Rewriting the rendering engine is certainly an interesting project. Especially with all the hype around Vulkan. I'd definitely be willing to work on that with someone.
    Keep in mind none of these things I'm talking about have been put to the test of actual use. And even then, when I release them, it's up to server owners to actually implement them.
    GunZ is at an interesting spot in its' life currently. Out of the few developers that are left, I can only name two that know what they're doing, and one that has ambition for the game. I'm new to GunZ development, but not new to C++. I'm keen to do what I can to try and contribute to the game that's given me so many fun and memorable weekends. Expect a development progress thread from me sometime soon. And thanks for making a thread like this, it's really cool to see people putting more thought into bettering an old game. For the most part suggestions seem to be along the lines of "shotgun spread lowr plz" or my personal favorite: "cw maps r sh1t plz mansion fact only".

Oh, I'd like to touch base on this:
    Originally Posted by Belzac View Post
    Man I don't know how to break this to you but gunz is what you make it. You can't sit here and tell everyone how to enjoy it better. GunZ has way more than two years of life left, in my opinion gunz won't die, ever. The fact of the matter is, it's too unique. That's why it's been out for 11 years and there are still not only people playing it, but there are AMAZING people working to perfect the game even today. The result of that is fgunz, the absolute greatest private server that has ever existed. I was a developer at 3 servers, and have played gunz since international beta so it's not like my opinion goes for nothing. It's been 11 years. Sorry but this comes off so typical with the whole " uhh the community is dying we need to do THIS" format.

In my opinion, the only change that needs to be made right now, is that they need to make it so you can't use big swords or double big swords when the [glad] code is on. Like sorry if you use double swords you can just get out.
    GunZ won't ever actually "die", per-se. But it will wither. It already is. But there will always be that one guy who won't stop hosting a server.
    Last edited by Modal; 07-25-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Thread Information