Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Opening thoughts
    GunZ, as it stands, is slowly dieing. Nothing will change this, game is old as ****. We can make it last a little longer, but max is another year or two.

Current Problems
    • This game is old as ****. Everything you do is just to waste time or further personal goals. The game has devolved to a chatroom with fighting mixed in. Sure games were made just to waste time and entertain, but we need to add a sense of accomplishment as well to make gunz last.
    • This game is hard to get in to. It's hard as **** to learn anything in this game without help. It's a turn off to new people.
    • New players don't join because of the high skill cap. Fighting someone much better than you doesn't really show their skills in any way, it just makes you feel terrible. This isn't that big a deal, any lasting new players will/must be able to accept this.
    • A problem lies in cancerous "ego". Children and man-children on here want to talk trash to new people still trying to learn the game. Nothing wrong with crushing a young buck's ego but too many people take it too far. If you have a serious competition with someone (1v1 30 rounds in glad, whatever gunners do) and you keep talking shit to them, after whoever is better is clear, you're the reason gunz is dieing. Nothing wrong with friendly banter, or even frenemy banter, but for the love of god stop bickering and bullying in public rooms like children. All it does is drive away people who don't care.

Temp Solutions:

• Make tournaments. Cash prizes. Monthly at least, special tournaments quarterly.
    • Get rid of OP weapons. Don't release donor/event weapons with more damage than the highest leveled weapons, make highest leveled weapons around 60, which takes about a month to get if you play 7 hours a week. High damage weapons that are not obtainable through regular gameplay is just encouraging cancer.
    • As an alternative, give an option to add a roomtag that synchronizes weapon damage in game (every revolver deals 5 damage per bullet, regardless of what revolver you have)
    • Make equipment hard to obtain. Keep 0 level requirement, but make them cost bounty.

Long Term Solutions:
    • We have the source code right? Graphics overhaul. This is a pretty big stretch, but it's one of the few things that will bring new players. I'm talking full out gunz2.0 (don't talk to me about gunz 2). You might have to talk to the current rights owner, and work out a contract. Give it a new name and everything, but keep the core mechanics. Yes, we will have to pay some people.
    • Ranked Mode. Have a formal mode for 1v1s and a solo queue, and support gladiator 1v1 ranked too. Make better maps for this. Either introduce modified ELO or a ladder and a leaderboard.
    • Start actively helping new people get in to the game. Make tutorials, video/text/picture guides, for every single thing in the game. Don't ego new/shitty players for no reason.
    • Improve the votekick system. It's gotten to the point that maintaining an 8 man glad room as an active fighting room is impossible. If people want to play they make 4 man duels at dojo. I don't really have any ideas on how to improve it.

Closing Thoughts:
    If you're not going to contribute don't post. The last thread was circle jerk cancer and got rightfully closed.
    Feel free to discuss other ideas than mine, feel free to discuss why my and other's ideas are shitty.
    Last edited by GDBobby; 07-24-2016 at 01:19 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to GDBobby for this useful post:

Hulk (07-24-2016)

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Man I don't know how to break this to you but gunz is what you make it. You can't sit here and tell everyone how to enjoy it better. GunZ has way more than two years of life left, in my opinion gunz won't die, ever. The fact of the matter is, it's too unique. That's why it's been out for 11 years and there are still not only people playing it, but there are AMAZING people working to perfect the game even today. The result of that is fgunz, the absolute greatest private server that has ever existed. I was a developer at 3 servers, and have played gunz since international beta so it's not like my opinion goes for nothing. It's been 11 years. Sorry but this comes off so typical with the whole " uhh the community is dying we need to do THIS" format.

In my opinion, the only change that needs to be made right now, is that they need to make it so you can't use big swords or double big swords when the [glad] code is on. Like sorry if you use double swords you can just get out.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Belzac View Post
    double swords
    Kodachis? lol
    Big Swords and Daggers should go, but thats not really a big deal.

Also, reading through the other thread, I was under the impression that less than 6 months ago there was 500 players online at a time. We're currently at 250 on saturdays and its the summer. It kind of compounds as well, players leave -> less players -> players leave, etc. Less players in region affects this as well. 1 NA leaving and 1 BR joining might keep up the player count but its just killing off NA players faster. Players ARE going to get tired of the game, and they ARE going to leave. That's why IJJI died and thats why FR will die. Trying to discuss solutions, not the validity of the problem itself.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GDBobby View Post
    Kodachis? lol
    Big Swords and Daggers should go, but thats not really a big deal.

Also, reading through the other thread, I was under the impression that less than 6 months ago there was 500 players online at a time. We're currently at 250 on saturdays and its the summer. It kind of compounds as well, players leave -> less players -> players leave, etc. Less players in region affects this as well. 1 NA leaving and 1 BR joining might keep up the player count but its just killing off NA players faster. Players ARE going to get tired of the game, and they ARE going to leave. That's why IJJI died and thats why FR will die. Trying to discuss solutions, not the validity of the problem itself.
    I meant double big swords, I would be a hypocrite if I had a problem with kods. Unfortunately you are mistaken, I personally haven't been online with other 300 players even in a very long time. Wetdream has almost been a clan for 2 years now and in that time I would say fgunz has mainted a constant rate of like 160-280 players. Which is a good amount of people, even for private servers and official servers years ago that's still a lot of unique players.

Dante's Avatar Nephilim Son Of Sparda

Thanks
    This game's never gonna get back up again and yet isn't gonna get very much new players around.
    This game should rot down with the old ego people in it and die.

And don't come telling me that some other server doesn't have ego people in it, which would be a lie... Although, I've seen other online multiplayer games with a better community than this one here.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    This game's never gonna get back up again and yet isn't gonna get very much new players around.
    This game should rot down with the old ego people in it and die.

And don't come telling me that some other server doesn't have ego people in it, which would be a lie... Although, I've seen other online multiplayer games with a better community than this one here.
    Yea the issue is that the staff won't ban people who are like deeply ingrained in fgunz community. If a new person came in here and said the shit that stuwadie, traumatiser, sunfire, etc say they'd get canned for sure. Unfortunately the staff does protect flamer, sadistic, asshole kids who are literally never anything but cruel to a certain degree.

8. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Dante (07-24-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Yea the issue is that the staff won't ban people who are like deeply ingrained in fgunz community. If a new person came in here and said the shit that stuwadie, traumatiser, sunfire, etc say they'd get canned for sure. Unfortunately the staff does protect flamer, sadistic, asshole kids who are literally never anything but cruel to a certain degree.
    thank you ive never been more proud of myself in my life.

10. The following 4 users say thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

Again (07-24-2016), Fourth (07-24-2016), Stuwadie (07-24-2016), Sunfire (07-25-2016)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    That's kind of the point.
    Also, your comment is not contributing in any way shape or form.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Here my thoughts:

Originally Posted by GDBobby View Post
    Temp Solutions:

• Make tournaments. Cash prizes. Monthly at least, special tournaments quarterly.
    • Can possibly do that.
    • Get rid of OP weapons. Don't release donor/event weapons with more damage than the highest leveled weapons, make highest leveled weapons around 60, which takes about a month to get if you play 7 hours a week. High damage weapons that are not obtainable through regular gameplay is just encouraging cancer.
    • I believe our item-balancement compared to other servers is very fair. High level items have almost identical stats as our donation items.
    • As an alternative, give an option to add a roomtag that synchronizes weapon damage in game (every revolver deals 5 damage per bullet, regardless of what revolver you have)
    • This has been suggested before, but it can also be used as a "no-donor" roomtag. Sure it's not the same thing, but it pretty much renders donation and event items useless.
    • Make equipment hard to obtain. Keep 0 level requirement, but make them cost bounty.
    • I think people have mixed feelings about this. A lot of people, including me, went to private servers to be able to wear premium/special items instead of having to level hard for it.

Long Term Solutions:
    • We have the source code right? Graphics overhaul. This is a pretty big stretch, but it's one of the few things that will bring new players. I'm talking full out gunz2.0 (don't talk to me about gunz 2). You might have to talk to the current rights owner, and work out a contract. Give it a new name and everything, but keep the core mechanics. Yes, we will have to pay some people.
    • I feel like this is not a solution, but a way to kill GunZ 1/1.5, especially for a private server. Also a lot of our users have very crappy computers. Contracts are also not possible, companies don't want to deal with private servers nor will we have the funds for it if they even wanted to collaborate.
    • Ranked Mode. Have a formal mode for 1v1s and a solo queue, and support gladiator 1v1 ranked too. Make better maps for this. Either introduce modified ELO or a ladder and a leaderboard.
    • We want to introduce something like this in our next client version.
    • Start actively helping new people get in to the game. Make tutorials, video/text/picture guides, for every single thing in the game. Don't ego new/shitty players for no reason.
    • I can integrate something like this in the next client version's website.
    • Improve the votekick system. It's gotten to the point that maintaining an 8 man glad room as an active fighting room is impossible. If people want to play they make 4 man duels at dojo. I don't really have any ideas on how to improve it.
    • This can be looked into.

It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

13. The following 5 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

69 (07-24-2016), GDBobby (07-24-2016), Mario (07-24-2016), Syzygy (07-24-2016), ^2Link (08-03-2016)

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    lol why u keep mention my name bro the facts youre saying are false , i know what i can say i know how the gunz community is and whats really offensive
    Last edited by #1Chef; 07-24-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information