Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I honestly hate to be the buzzkiller in this thread, but I say just release v8, patch any bugs found after that, then just let GunZ die from there. I don't see how people are saying this game is going to go on another decade lol. I give this game at most another 1-2 years. Attracting a whole new base of players like people are imagining isn't going to happen. It takes several months invested of practice for a brand new person to be somewhat skilled at this game. Most people just want to jump right into a new game and play, not wait half of a year before they can at least keep up with the pace. It would be a waste of effort on the devs' part to take all this time thinking of unique, crazy updates, just for all of these people to lose interest in the game right after. Sure the updates may appeal to all of us experienced players, but how much longer is GunZ honestly going to appeal to us ? I don't see it being very much longer, especially since most players are getting older and not finding time for it/losing interest after playing constantly for so many years.

I say instead of trying to keep supporting a game that's over a decade old that many are losing interest in after playing for so long, why not think of a different game for the server to host before it becomes too late and our GunZ player count drops to like 20 players at max peak? Maybe even host multiple games or something to attract different crowds. The end of GunZ doesn't mean the end of our community. Everyone will still be here for the most part lol. There would just need to be a game that the majority votes on and agrees to have our staff host. A newer game that will have a long lifespan to it. Not an old, nostalgic game that people want to revive and relive the experiences of.

But I definitely don't think it's worth it to put a crazy amount of investment into GunZ right now. Just let GunZ die. Everything is meant to die at some point. I think once you hit the decade mark, that's pretty much good enough for a game. I do like your ideas, btw. I'm not hating on them or anything, I just personally don't think it's worth it to invest the time into that. I think it'd be better to have a new game as a back up idea to be prepared for before it's too late.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I say just release v8, patch any bugs found after that, then just let GunZ die from there.
    This is reasonable enough. There's not really a point in two more big content updates. If one big package update doesn't bring you back/in, two won't. GunZ really just has a lot of holes that can be filled imo, and I think they should be filled before we give it up.
    I'd be fine giving it up if there was a replacement for gladiator, but there's really nothing even remotely close.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I honestly hate to be the buzzkiller in this thread, but I say just release v8, patch any bugs found after that, then just let GunZ die from there. I don't see how people are saying this game is going to go on another decade lol. I give this game at most another 1-2 years. Attracting a whole new base of players like people are imagining isn't going to happen. It takes several months invested of practice for a brand new person to be somewhat skilled at this game. Most people just want to jump right into a new game and play, not wait half of a year before they can at least keep up with the pace. It would be a waste of effort on the devs' part to take all this time thinking of unique, crazy updates, just for all of these people to lose interest in the game right after. Sure the updates may appeal to all of us experienced players, but how much longer is GunZ honestly going to appeal to us ? I don't see it being very much longer, especially since most players are getting older and not finding time for it/losing interest after playing constantly for so many years.

I say instead of trying to keep supporting a game that's over a decade old that many are losing interest in after playing for so long, why not think of a different game for the server to host before it becomes too late and our GunZ player count drops to like 20 players at max peak? Maybe even host multiple games or something to attract different crowds. The end of GunZ doesn't mean the end of our community. Everyone will still be here for the most part lol. There would just need to be a game that the majority votes on and agrees to have our staff host. A newer game that will have a long lifespan to it. Not an old, nostalgic game that people want to revive and relive the experiences of.

But I definitely don't think it's worth it to put a crazy amount of investment into GunZ right now. Just let GunZ die. Everything is meant to die at some point. I think once you hit the decade mark, that's pretty much good enough for a game. I do like your ideas, btw. I'm not hating on them or anything, I just personally don't think it's worth it to invest the time into that. I think it'd be better to have a new game as a back up idea to be prepared for before it's too late.
    We have some plans for after V8.
    We want to focus on V8 first before we do anything else.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thread Information