Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I feel like this is not a solution, but a way to kill GunZ 1/1.5, especially for a private server. Also a lot of our users have very crappy computers. Contracts are also not possible, companies don't want to deal with private servers nor will we have the funds for it if they even wanted to collaborate.
    It may be straight up impossible.
    Your comment is very constructive Dave, thanks. I didn't really look at the patch notes until immediately after posting this thread, and don't get me wrong, the dev team is doing a good job at player retention. Also really didn't look at donor items. Dash color was a great idea, and I think more implements like that could really help.

EDIT: An expected/in progress development board might help. Its a double edged sword tho.
    Last edited by GDBobby; 07-24-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Buddhism's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I really like the ladder idea, though there are many people exploiting the game to enhance their 'skills'. I would say for these ladders to not give any cash incentives and to be strictly solo.

I think the balancing is fine at the moment. (There are some exceptions like those ridiculous Jack Rifles and even double MGs) With that said, I can't speak on the new range versus damage system that is in its testing stages. I think members of the community should collaborate with the dev team on this, the ones who are not bias in any regard, and make fair decisions.

Graphics overhaul has been done to some extent with what Jetman did, where he implemented the multi-sampling option. This increases the clarity of objects the further you travel, whereas beforehand it would blur. I know this isn't exactly what you had in mind, but, as Dave said, anything else would not be doable. However, I would consider cleaning up the content of the game. What I mean by this is that there are many an item that are not being used at all (cloth items)..I guess this would be difficult to tell entirely, but I think players have a pretty good idea of some clothes that are just plain ugly and not in use. I think really outstanding new custom content while may not exactly bring NEW players, will keep the dedicated players happy. Can even generate revenue if they were made to be donation items.

Right now, the main issues dissuading people from playing here in particular, is the low level of competition. While stats ARE balanced, being an anti-lead server, even good players are just dying too fast, and as such are deciding to play other servers where they actually have ~200 HP which sounds insane, but, in reality is not too far-fetched when coupled with the anti-lead AND the ridiculously high hacking rate. That is an issue in itself, and it's prevelance is way more common than meets the eye. It's kind of a...I forget the colloquial term...but, more or less, if we ban all those hackers, we in turn kill a portion of the player base whom actively brings people to the competitive scene.
    Last edited by Buddhism; 07-24-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    i was buggin on an insane trip, my wifey showed me the light==
    soul elevation thru the twin flame tip, yeah, it just us, we are feeling so right
    in pursuit of justice from spaceships, we will always be whole in our Sameness
    sewn like seeds of a star, on our wayback to Oasis
    doing good deeds from a far, destroying the matrix
    WE are not caught up in the matrix
    WE have no fear, escaping that trick be so basic
    this is our world, let us stage it
    learn to love yourselves, then re arrange it
    blessed, we have the chance to give others sight
    we know trueth and what's wrong from what right
    doin due diligence, burning the midnight oil all night
    my wings are growing, aye embrace hers and take flight

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Belzac View Post
    Yea the issue is that the staff won't ban people who are like deeply ingrained in fgunz community. If a new person came in here and said the shit that stuwadie, traumatiser, sunfire, etc say they'd get canned for sure. Unfortunately the staff does protect flamer, sadistic, asshole kids who are literally never anything but cruel to a certain degree.
    2 out of 3 of those has been banned plenty of times over and over. Chef is not holding back at all just because they're "old school ", he's sticking to the rules.

Idc if I know you or not, do bad stuff and I punish you for it, I don't know you and you don't know me so idk why you're accusing me like that when you don't know anything about me or who I'm friends with that I'm "protecting" so badly.
    Last edited by Linzor; 07-24-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    2 out 3 of those has been banned plenty of times over and over. Chef is not holding back at all just because they're "old school ", he's sticking to the rules.

Idc if I know you or not, do bad stuff and I punish you for it, I don't know you and you don't know me so idk why you're accusing me like that when you don't know anything about me or who I'm friends with that I'm "protecting" so badly.
    Linzor all I do is come on here and get flamed by those three. If they are in the chat and I say a word, they all immediately shit talk me and any staff sitting in the chat box watches. It's not even just me, they're disgusting, horrid people that are corrupting the community slowly because they believe that it's alright to treat people like vermin. They think they're extra justified in " provoking " people like stuwadie said in his comment and deleted. The fact of the matter is, you guys don't see a good amount of the absolute caustic pus that they dump all over this community. I will admit it was wrong of me to say that they never get banned, but I have never seen them get banned, and even if they were banned obviously it has done literally nothing to fix the actual issue, which is all of them being flamers.

5. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Dante (07-24-2016)

Precision's Avatar "Master" of K Style

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Here my thoughts:
    I like the sounds of it.

But I strongly agree with GDBobby in this regard:
    "this game is hard to get in to. It's hard as **** to learn anything in this game without help. It's a turn off to new people.
    New players don't join because of the high skill cap. Fighting someone much better than you doesn't really show their skills in any way, it just makes you feel terrible. This isn't that big a deal, any lasting new players will/must be able to accept this."

If the community does not help out new players they tend to get bored quickly of this game and quit. The people that play now are people that have been playing this game for years. You will rarely find new players playing anymore. I think if its more friendly, the server can have more skillful players for clan war and everyone can get a benefit out of it

7. The following user said thank you to Precision for this useful post:

loneeagle (07-24-2016)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Buddhism View Post
    I really like the ladder idea, though there are many people exploiting the game to enhance their 'skills'. I would say for these ladders to not give any cash incentives and to be strictly solo.
    Of course, ladders will only affect seed placement in tournaments. Nothing else besides ego.

Originally Posted by Buddhism View Post
    I think really outstanding new custom content while may not exactly bring NEW players, will keep the dedicated players happy. Can even generate revenue if they were made to be donation items.
    I think so as well, current new content flow is doing that pretty well.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Or implent CS:GO's DM system where you can swap weapons on spawn .

10. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Again (07-24-2016)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Belzac View Post
    Linzor all I do is come on here and get flamed by those three. If they are in the chat and I say a word, they all immediately shit talk me and any staff sitting in the chat box watches. It's not even just me, they're disgusting, horrid people that are corrupting the community slowly because they believe that it's alright to treat people like vermin. They think they're extra justified in " provoking " people like stuwadie said in his comment and deleted. The fact of the matter is, you guys don't see a good amount of the absolute caustic pus that they dump all over this community. I will admit it was wrong of me to say that they never get banned, but I have never seen them get banned, and even if they were banned obviously it has done literally nothing to fix the actual issue, which is all of them being flamers.
    Instead of crying, just report each time. I got no forum powers that way that I can punish stu or trama for example for provoking you. I can do EXACTLY as much as you which is making a report.

Chef banned these guys before, he's shown he doesn't give a **** about who you are or if he knows you.

If you report and it gets declined it's probably because it's too minor or not not enough proof to punish someone for it. Chef can't do anything without proof. Now if you think they should get punished because they ego you then really lol, welcome to fgunz forum.
    Last edited by Linzor; 07-24-2016 at 03:07 AM.

12. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Traumatiser (07-24-2016)

loneeagle's Avatar Brazzers #1 subscriber.

Country
    Thanks
    I personally don't believe this game will ever die..
    Why? idk i just keep coming back to it one way ore another i just get the feeling i want to play gunz There is just nothing like it. Once you get into it You can neve really forget it Ofcourse people quit the game And ofcourse it is hard as hell to get new players to actually stay playing it. It's hard as hel to start playin when your new.. All i can say is Try to promote the game as much as you can i do too!!!

Gummi's Avatar i love to troll

Country
    Thanks
    this game addiction lvl 500
    dont expect it to die,quitted thrice but ended coming back for no absolute reason
    the reason whai trauma flame cuz he love u
    lastly,I LIEK RANKED MODE tho i suk

Ign:Gummi

15. The following user said thank you to Gummi for this useful post:

KiritoOnline (07-26-2016)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information