Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Ello. So I've recently run in to a problem with my phone. Its a Samsung Galaxy S4 (android). As some of you know androids are able to download files from the web, specifically apk files. I've been trying to download this apk file however every time I install it, it abruptly stops installing a displays a message saying. "App not installed". Now does anyone have any idea how to fix this ? Oh and I've already had this apk installed on my phone before however it stopped working/ got corrupted and I uninstalled it/ deleted it. So there shouldn't be any remnants of it left on my phone that are getting in the way of my installation. My phone is rooted btw, I messed around with lucky patcher a little bit trying to fix the problem but it seems as if it didnt work and only made it worse. Does anyone have any idea as to how I could fix this problem. Would be greatly appreciated. (Also could it be possible to recover my phone, and where my pictures messages etc wouldnt be deleted. It would just fix my phone some how.)

Ricky's Avatar sir

Thanks
    so , ur rooted.

go to lucky patcher - toolbox - patch to android - Disable Signature verification in da package manager (3rd Option) - Try Re-Installing the app.

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    so , ur rooted.

go to lucky patcher - toolbox - patch to android - Disable Signature verification in da package manager (3rd Option) - Try Re-Installing the app.
    i already tried that. and it says patch applied and its still not working.

Or's Avatar L m a o

Country
    Thanks
    Theres an option that I'm not sure where it is exactly in your phone but I know it's existing, it supposed to let your phone downloading things that are not from google play store, check it out this might cause the problem, should be somewhere in the security options.

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Or View Post
    Theres an option that I'm not sure where it is exactly in your phone but I know it's existing, it supposed to let your phone downloading things that are not from google play store, check it out this might cause the problem, should be somewhere in the security options.
    done it.

Shlefen's Avatar Schlieffen.

Country
    Thanks
    Buy another phone
    Decisions Decisions...!!

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shlefen View Post
    Buy another phone
    nty.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Possible/Common causes:

Insufficient storage space: Your storage space may have filled up with no more space to accommodate new apps.
    Corrupted app or apk file: This is most common with apps downloaded from outside Google Play Store. The app is either corrupted or incompletely downloaded or copied as the case maybe.
    Incorrect app install location: Some apps are meant to be only installed on phone memory while some others can be installed on both phone memory and SD card. Trying do otherwise with the former can bring up this errors.
    Installation on a mounted SD card: Maybe, your SD card is mounted on a laptop or elsewhere. Trying to install anything in this state will result in errors because the SD card is inaccessible.
    Corrupted storage (Phone and SD card): This is probably the most common cause of this error. If the storage of your device is corrupted, any app installation will be impossible.
    Apk signature/certificate clash: Installing another version of an app (with a different signed certificate) on the same device will probably result in this error. Installing an unsigned app could also result in this error.
    App permission errors or temporary OS glitches could also bring about this error.
    Possible Solutions:

Reboot the phone: In times like this, first thing to do is to reboot your device. Or just shut down, remove and reinsert your battery.
    Make sure to uninstall any apps you don’t use to free up space, also uninstall previous versions of the same app currently installed on your device.
    Double check the apk files you download and be sure they were completely copied or downloaded.
    Try resetting app permissions by going to Settings >Apps>All>Menu key >Reset application permissions or Reset app preferences.
    Change app installation location to Automatic or Let system decide.
    Make sure your SD card is not mounted or connected to a PC or elsewhere.
    For worst case scenarios, format your SD card – copy it’s contents somewhere else for backup and format.
    The last solution would be to totally wipe your device. Either by doing a factory reset under Settings or by doing a full wipe in recovery mode

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    buy titanium backup. make a nandroid backup and reinstall your rom if you want the 200% solution. Otherwise just download another .APK and see if that works. also double check the space on your phone memory AND your SD card, android is dumb for only installing stuff on phone memory.

If you can install other .apk files or install from the play store then you should be fine

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EpicKLF View Post
    buy titanium backup. make a nandroid backup and reinstall your rom if you want the 200% solution. Otherwise just download another .APK and see if that works. also double check the space on your phone memory AND your SD card, android is dumb for only installing stuff on phone memory.

If you can install other .apk files or install from the play store then you should be fine
    Its not allowing me to install any apk files at all, But I can download things from the playstore. How do I check the space on my memory and SD card ? (noob with phones). Also whats a rom ? Can we skype to make this easier ?

Thread Information