zefard's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion title:
    Dagger Balances/Changes

Suggestion description:

In the eyes of the D-style community, the perfect dagger would have to be one with 326 delay, 17-19 damage (like the higher level daggers or VIP trident dagger) but with a smaller model size.

Currently, the three main factors that impact my decision when it comes to choosing a dagger are: model size, damage and delay.

Currently there are large model sized daggers such as trident (19 damage, 326 delay) and Satan dagger (17 damage, 326 delay). The problem
    with these daggers is that the model sizes are too large and do not replicate the feel or theme of a dagger (unlike the smaller dagger
    models generally preferred by D-style community members as it gives them the element of surprise when attacking enemies).

Lower Level daggers currently have the small model types we want and some have the correct weapon delay. However, they have low damage and we
    have to sacrifice higher damage for small weapon model sizes which is not ideal.

Finally, the delays on higher level weapons are way too high to even make use of D styles' full potential so they are out of the question to use completely.

The Problem?

The problem is that all 3 factors do not come into play with any single dagger within the game. If you do not want to change stats to keep the game balanced that's understandable. However, the D style community would greatly appreciate it if you could change the stats of one of your current smaller dagger models to one with 326 delay and the stats of a higher level dagger, or possibly shrink the model of a higher level dagger (or make a new weapon with a small model size and the desired stats? )

!Keep in mind that the desired stats are already in the game so I hope what I'm asking for isn't too crazy !

-Zefard

Clan StreetD

2. The following 7 users say thank you to zefard for this useful post:

BARBARR (08-16-2016), Eran (08-12-2016), Henri (08-09-2016), Hulk (08-08-2016), Mega (08-08-2016), S1lent (08-08-2016), Tchovis (08-11-2016)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I'm agree with you
    i like this suggestion
    -Digger

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    u forgot to write

regards,
    Fourth

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by traumatis3r View Post
    u forgot to write

regards,
    Fourth
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this?

Country
    Thanks
    I agree with the suggestion.

At the moment, the best free dagger in my opinion is Ritual Dagger (346 delay 21 dmg).
    But it's for Nv-99 I guess.

So I use the event versions, same stats for use in any level, but I need to win some event pts to buy it. When I don't win any, I have
    to use normal daggers..

But since daggers has no defence and is more difficult to use with gun movements, specially in the walls, we are in a little disadvantage.
    I know, dagger has no defence 'cause it allows more evasion, we can better avoid attacks using a dagger.
    But most people confuses it with running, they don't agree with avoiding their attacks,
    they call you runner then kick you.

So, the ideal for me would be a dagger with 326 delay and 22-25 damage to use since level 50.
    This way I could d-machine better, kill fast and wouldn't need to avoid too much attacks and be kicked for "running" as they say.

Naturaly, the other daggers should be balanced too.

Country
    Thanks
    I somewhat agree with this however, The Ritual Dagger is not the best in my opinion due to the high delay even though it has high damage, you can carry on a D machine from full HP to death. The damage is not the main concern, performing a D machine it self is the main point and to do this we need 326 delay weapons in order to perform a timed D machine, if delays are too long people can escape because the delay after a stab being too long before you can execute another stab.

Basically having 326 delay daggers are crucial due to the nature of D-stylers play style with D machines this is why i disagree with Ritual Dagger being the best dagger because I would substitute damage for delay.

However like i mentioned in my suggestion I do believe the delay daggers currently have too large of a model size currently or just too low damage and it is not ideal having to make a sacrifice like this.

In terms of disadvantages I tend to believe its more to do with animations delaying the shots we can take at gaps within moves like shimmers shots, slings and blinks and being vulnerable due to the delay at the start of the aerial phases more than not being able to block.

Anyway I will leave that at that since I do not want to get off the main topic of this posts.

I do believe we can solve the issue with a little mending of previous weapon statistics or just one weapon being made this issue can be fixed and will still balance the game out.

22 damage may be too high for a 326 dagger, so I do not mind if its at a reasonable damage like around 17-19.
    Last edited by zefard; 08-11-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    I just gave my opinion based on my play style. I don't like to sacrifice neither damage nor delay
    'cause I don't d-machine everytime, I like high dmg for stab shots, single hits and some traps that I do which high dmg
    helps a lot. And I need the good delay not only for d-machine, but also the movements in general.

So the best dagger at the moment "for me" is the ritual dagger
    'Cause it's balanced to what I need.
    And 22 dmg 326 delay it's what I'd like to have.

That's what I meant.

Anyway, each one has a different opinion and that's alright.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    their was a d-styler long ago on these forums who tried to bring about some change with valid points..

i doubt he plays anymore and visits this forum..

u kinda get what im sayin i guess..

Country
    Thanks
    I do believe i know exactly who you are talking about and he is a very old friend and Clan mate of mine,(DDaggerDD) this person however did not leave due to that very reason. He did bring some valid points and suggestion which some were taken into account and were implemented. However, regardless if these changes are implemented or not this is a just a 'suggestion' in order to try to make a difference for the people that currently care and are currently playing who want changes made.
    Last edited by zefard; 08-12-2016 at 05:05 AM.

11. The following user said thank you to zefard for this useful post:

Traumatiser (08-12-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    hopefully it works out cause i like to d-style even tho i main k-style most of the time and I do think the game should have more d-stylers cause it really is more fun tbh

13. The following user said thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

DaBoyFlitzle (08-13-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information