Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    You cant blame people for not being online because of their timezone/availability at the hour/time...
    And you can't blame ET's for hosting when it is right for them to host in their timezone or when they're available

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    And you can't blame ET's for hosting when it is right for them to host in their timezone or when they're available
    Im asking to give a chance by opening the thread every 3 hours, something which doesnt require the event host to be on at the time, any staff can do it.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Im asking to give a chance by opening the thread every 3 hours, something which doesnt require the event host to be on at the time, any staff can do it.
    A lot of times, Events include more than one chance for players, hence why they might have a rule such as "only answer 1 question" or "only post once every 24 hours". 3 hours is a LONG time and the ET could even forget causing more of a delay, there has never been a problem before.. not sure why it has to change now.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    This is how events on the forum should be hosted in general though. Time-spaced for different timezones, if the host can not commit some time to post on the forum I question their duty as an event moderator in the first place.

What I noticed in recent forum events (I'm not sure where ya'll got this from but it wasn't me) was the hints, questions, whatever you wanna call em, ALL being posted at once. Consideration must be done for different timezones when it comes down to forum events. Posting 2-3 at a time and then waiting acouple of hours should not be a problem at all. And if people from the same timezone keep answering? That is fine- at least there is the satisfaction of knowing that the opportunity was given to other timezones and the blame can't be put on the host.

I also told a current ET this but I guess the word hasn't gotten around.

5. The following 2 users say thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Bunny (08-23-2016), Fay (08-23-2016)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    This is how events on the forum should be hosted in general though. Time-spaced for different timezones, if the host can not commit some time to post on the forum I question their duty as an event moderator in the first place.

What I noticed in recent forum events (I'm not sure where ya'll got this from but it wasn't me) was the hints, questions, whatever you wanna call em, ALL being posted at once. Consideration must be done for different timezones when it comes down to forum events. Posting 2-3 at a time and then waiting acouple of hours should not be a problem at all. And if people from the same timezone keep answering? That is fine- at least there is the satisfaction of knowing that the opportunity was given to other timezones and the blame can't be put on the host.

I also told a current ET this but I guess the word hasn't gotten around.
    No lol. They could just create a new event another time in a different timezone if they wish to, I think it's totally up to them if they wanna close it or not, events ingame and on the forum have always been that if you're not around when it happens then you miss out, wait for next time.

It's just as unfair Imo that you want to stop the event for a duration and letting some people who just noticed it wait hours or miss it because they're not aware about the event until like 5 people post in it at the same time.

But saying that you question their roles because they don't want to open/close is dumb. Nowadays you should be happy if they even post forum events because I know that we sure never did except for like when Dave was like "i would like a vip forum event", and I'm pretty sure Stephan was the one to help out on that lol.

7. The following 3 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Mattie (08-23-2016), Tenax (08-23-2016), Zachary (08-23-2016)

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Adrianshd could have given the spoilers like 3 at a time giving a delay of 30 mins or any time so he can make the event longer.

Thank you.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    No lol. They could just create a new event another time in a different timezone if they wish to, I think it's totally up to them if they wanna close it or not, events ingame and on the forum have always been that if you're not around when it happens then you miss out, wait for next time.

I know the whole timezone timezone thing is weird but forum and the game itself are TWO different things. In-game is completely understandable, which is you having to actually go in-game, which can't always be done. The forum is much more flexible, its a website for crying out loud rofl.
    A good example are this, and this. The diversity is real there because I stopped them accordingly and posted like an hour or so after. Wasn't even big of a deal at all.

It's just as unfair Imo that you want to stop the event for a duration and letting some people who just noticed it wait hours or miss it because they're not aware about the event until like 5 people post in it at the same time.

You are completely contradicting yourself here. You say it's unfair for those who come and see that the event is on hold for not even that long of a duration to consider timezones, when what this suggestion is about is considering the timezone of other players because it's unfair TO THEM that events are happening when they're dead asleep at 2-3 AM - and they rarely get to participate in these forum events.

But saying that you question their roles because they don't want to open/close is dumb. Nowadays you should be happy if they even post forum events because I know that we sure never did except for like when Dave was like "i would like a vip forum event", and I'm pretty sure Stephan was the one to help out on that lol.

Sure, came off a bit wrong here. Sorry. But you just said it yourself here lol, what's so hard about opening and closing threads for the sake of letting others play? If it's not a hard task to do I don't see why it can't be done. And to add on, this is one of the only international servers that have a bit of it all, and all I'm saying is spacing the forum events, just a little bit lol, would bring different timezones around so they can play. One of the only reasons why I hosted forum events were for those who never are online when events are taking place due their timezones - giving them a chance to win event points/coins as well.

and for the record i was the one who hosted the vip forum events mostly '_' stephan did the actual forum events; which i did as well.
    And ya'll tripping thinking I mean ALL forum events, I just mean some lmao.

Examples of events that have been spaced out in consideration of timezones, even ones that have to do with going in-game:
    1. 2. 3. If Zachary can do it, ya'll can too '-'4. F.Y.I when stephan posted these he did them in different times as well.

Some more but ya boys lazy and dont feel like looking anymore lol

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Adrianshd could have given the spoilers like 3 at a time giving a delay of 30 mins or any time so he can make the event longer.

Thank you.
    exACTLY.

Also forum events are not always like this. I hosted them and made sure trials after us hosted atleast some considering the timezones of the other players.
    Last edited by Michi; 08-23-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Tenax's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tenax View Post
    1 hour and 15 minutes. Please no lying.

Eh, I kinda agree with you that people should get more chances. I just don't think it should be closed, it can be unfair for others who can't be online later that day or whatever. We could add [ new ] spoilers after 10 hours or so, giving new/other players a chance.
    Okaay, but you know, all I wanted to do is host a forum event for once but you all find a way to complain about anything lmao. Trying to help is one thing but going all like 'they ain't qualified enough' is another. Like for real now?

Anyway, I stated this but you all just pretended to not see it or what? lol.

If I /ever/ decide to post a forum event again, I'll keep in mind that I should make the spoilers so hard that it'll take days to solve so you all can be happy now.

Or maybe I'll do what I said in the quote you all decided to ignore.
    Last edited by Tenax; 08-23-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tenax View Post
    Okaay, but you know, all I wanted to do is host a forum event for once but you all find a way to complain about anything lmao. Trying to help is one thing but going all like 'they ain't qualified enough' is another. Like for real now?

Anyway, I stated this but you all just pretended to not see it or what? lol.

If I /ever/ decide to post a forum event again, I'll keep in mind that I should make the spoilers so hard that it'll take days to solve so you all can be happy now.

Or maybe I'll do what I said in the quote you all decided to ignore.
    Just do whatever you want
    You are the event moderator and not them

12. The following 2 users say thank you to braazts for this useful post:

Michi (08-23-2016), Tenax (08-23-2016)

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Surfen View Post
    Just do whatever you want
    You are the event moderator and not them
    Sherlock! ..

14. The following 2 users say thank you to Sam for this useful post: