Thanks
    Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

Increase chat lines in-game or add a "scroll" feature.

Suggestion description:

In-game there are only about 6 lines of chat that can be displayed. You can't scroll up or down either. It would be nice to allow more lines to display so you don't miss something. Or a scrolling feature would be option. PageUp for scrolling up PageDown for scrolling down would be enough. If they can be rebinded than that's appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

For the suggestion above. Choice how many lines you want to display.

Suggestion description:

People who don't care about chat can turn it to 3 instead of the default 6. This is of course an example.

Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

Filter unimportant things out of the chat.

Suggestion description:

I would like options to not announce things in my chat. Duel announces I would like turned off. I would like options for kill feed. I don't want to know if the enemy killed an teammate. I can see my own team their AP and HP. For some, turning of their allies killing the enemy is not important. Allow some customizing. Some want to see allies kill enemies in chat. Some don't. I don't look at chat to see if one of my teammates died.

Remove the "you" or "<name>" leveled up message. I personally would like to turn my own level up message off. Others I would leave. Options for personal preferences would be nice.

Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

Original massive effect choice (SFX). Choice the default IGunZ/Ijji GunZ massive effect.

Suggestion description:

I think it's a better effect than the one as default in FGunZ. That's an opinion of course. I also feel it helps with clarity. The lightning tends to get inside your screen a lot when you massive. This mostly only happens in tight places but can be annoying nonetheless. I personally don't want huge fancy stuff in my screen. A not-so-fancy puff of "massive" is fine.

Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

Choice color of default IGunZ/Ijji GunZ massive.

Suggestion description:

Only if the above suggestion is something that people care about. Make massive color different like with dashes. Can be a donator item (not my call to say what it has to be).

Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

Option to turn massive color changes off. Similar to turning dash colors off.

Suggestion description:

I would always leave it on. But for people who care they can turn it off in the 1337 section in the options menu. Same as the dash colors.

Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion title:

Find people easier with a simply text input bar. It filters based on input.

Suggestion description:

Simple search function. If my in-game name would be "SomeDude" and I would type in "SomeD" I can easily find myself in the lobby.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Maw

Ps: I need to go to bed soon. Been up all night and slept about 3 hours starting at 8 AM in the morning. Staying up the whole night to 8 AM isn't a very great idea. It was fun playing GunZ though.
    Last edited by Jayleigh; 09-03-2016 at 11:40 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to Jayleigh for this useful post:

Amers (09-04-2016)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    i doubt filtering out announcements would be an option considering they're both for events and for duel tournament/other important messages, however if you're say a quester that doesnt really relate to you in any way could be an option, but then again its like an announcement every 10-20 minutes unless theres a set of events going on so I dont really get why its that annoying for you.
    ------
    a scroll key for the chat would be a good option but dont make it like this because that'll be rather cluttering imo but make a keybind for example up and down arrow keys would be nice
    ------
    about the search with input, do you mean for example /find somedude but instead of writing the entire name it would be /find somed? cause if i understood correctly thatd be a great function considering lots of people have names like ^6B^0un^9ny^8 which i assume gets annoying to write all the time :c
    ------
    i think they already had massive colors planned out not sure though, would be a nice thing to have ; )

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i doubt filtering out announcements would be an option considering they're both for events and for duel tournament/other important messages, however if you're say a quester that doesnt really relate to you in any way could be an option, but then again its like an announcement every 10-20 minutes unless theres a set of events going on so I dont really get why its that annoying for you.
    ------
    a scroll key for the chat would be a good option but dont make it like this because that'll be rather cluttering imo but make a keybind for example up and down arrow keys would be nice
    ------
    about the search with input, do you mean for example /find somedude but instead of writing the entire name it would be /find somed? cause if i understood correctly thatd be a great function considering lots of people have names like ^6B^0un^9ny^8 which i assume gets annoying to write all the time :c
    ------
    i think they already had massive colors planned out not sure though, would be a nice thing to have ; )
    Thanks for your reply . Well basically, I only have 6 lines of text when I'm in-game. So a lot of times I have things in my chat I'm just not interested in. That I leveled up takes up 1 text line for no reason. I know I leveled up. I got huge wings on me at that moment . I'm not interested in events so that could be turned off for me. I also want to filter out the kill feed like I said. You didn't seem to have said anything related to that. I keep track on what health my teammates have if I even play TDM.

I'm more interested in what my teammates say in team chat considering teamwork or something similar. Than that I get a huge list of who pwned me and all my teammates. If I'm in a whisper conversation I can barely keep track of those whispers. For simply 2 sentences I need to type 4 lines of text in GunZ chat because GunZ has a limit to the amount of characters in 1 text message. Than, because I needed to say 4 things to the one I'm whispering for just simple 2 sentences he is bound to miss something. He only has 6 lines of text in-game and if someone kills another person 1 line is already gone. All the chat functions are kinda bad in GunZ.

In short, my chat is cluttered with stuff I just don't want. I don't want a kill feed when I'm playing DM or when I'm in training. I only want to know who killed me in a DM or training room. In a TDM I only want to see who I killed and who my allies killed. We have a really handy "Show HP/AP of teammates" now. So I can keep track of who the enemy team killed and who is badly wounded on my team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the scrolling through chat I meant exactly that. Make no changes to how the chat looks. Just a simple PageUp and PageDown would do. If you tap PageDown twice you instantly go to the most recent chat. An option for the amount of chat that is remembered would be really nice too. Like I can use PageUp to scroll the chat. However for me I would like the chat to remember 20 lines or so of text. So 6 lines of text are now in my screen. I use PageUp and the most recent line disappears and so it scrolls up and down with just 2 keybindings. So I can use PageUp to scroll the last 20 lines of text. Other people may just want 10 or so. So an option would be nice for that too. Rebinding these scrolling up and down key would be nice aswell.

GunZ chat is in my opinion cluttered and badly designed. Back in 2006 it might have been acceptable. But not now in this day and age. Of course not everything is fixable but a lot may be . I believe most people don't mind how it is in a way simply because there used to it. However, when these options are there they might very well think: "Hey this was a pretty good idea actually. Now I can finally read what my friend whispered me. Normally I need to ask: "Sorry, could you repeat?"."

For the search with input I mean the following. In the lobby you have a huge list of people. You press through the little arrows on the bottom right area of your lobby screen to find someone. You press all the way just to find someone. You think: "Ah I might have overlooked him." You press the up arrow again all the way to the beginning and you scan the names all over again. I simply want a search function. Similar to what we have in the market/store area now. I type: SomeD and everyone in that lobby thing gets removed temporarily and I only see myself (SomeDude). Than I remove the "D" from "SomeD" and I see myself and 2 other people named: "SomeDude" and "SomeThingHere" in the lobby portion. I remove the "Some" I just typed and I see everyone in the lobby screen again. With all the arrow spamming glory .

Small note. If colors are involved the following can be done. Let's say I'm called "SomeDude" without any color involved. Some other person who is in the server right now is called "^7SomeDude". If I would type SomeDude (without the "") I get myself and people who have a colored name with these prefixes. So I see myself "SomeDude" and the other guy "^7SomeDude". if I type "SomeDude" ("" included in the search function) It simply looks at the chat based name only. Color commands like ^2 and ^5 are NOT ignored in a name. Than I end up with just myself (SomeDude). If I would type "^7SomeDude" (WITH the "") I get only the other person in my lobby panel and not myself. Because I'm specifically looking for color commands (^7 in this case).

This method is used in google search too. If I google "I Want bananas" I only get something that has that full sentence. Search results will not include "I may Want bananas" or "I want Bananas" (capital characters are different here).

Ah ok. Colored massives could be nice. But will it be the original IGunZ/Ijji GunZ massive?

Thanks .

~Maw
    Last edited by Jayleigh; 09-04-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    I like the idea of turning off announcements, I really don't care about events... All that would matter to me is knowing if the server is going offline for maintenance.
    It would be nice if staff could have different forms of announcing so we could mute the things we don't wish to see but still see the things we do want to see.

I like the other chat suggestions as well, if I am playing in a DM I really don't give a crap about who killed who etc. A form of muting kills / deaths in a DM would be nice.
    I do however want to see them in TDMs, so if you could personally select them for every game type that'd be great.
    Last edited by Again; 09-04-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Again View Post
    I like the idea of turning off announcements, I really don't care about events... All that would matter to me is knowing if the server is going offline for maintenance.
    It would be nice if staff could have different forms of announcing so we could mute the things we don't wish to see but still see the things we do want to see.

I like the other chat suggestions as well, if I am playing in a DM I really don't give a crap about who killed who etc. A form of muting kills / deaths in a DM would be nice.
    I do however want to see them in TDMs, so if you could personally select them for every game type that'd be great.
    Thanks for your reply . That was my idea too. Considering chat, people have lots of different opinions about them. So customizing in this regard should be there in my opinion.

I wonder if the staff really has time to put this in though. I think quite a few of these suggestions can be made possible.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    The in-game chatbox will be overhauled sometime.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thread Information