Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Saiyan's Avatar Champion.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Also people who want to override weapons like shotguns.. I do not think it is a smart idea since you can recognise certain weapons like LB, but if you override it with a pony shotgun you are basically fooling people which would feel unfair to most people.
    Now for clothing it is not the biggest problem cause the donation sets aren't too much of a booster compared to the donation weapons.

Just my two cents of thoughts on this topic when it comes to overriding items.

Now as I shared before and with HexiPipi, the idea I had is also a form of cosmetics but without any advantage of trickery or stats.
    It also would create an easier way for so called 'chroma's' and a better way to have multiple copies of a certain idea in various colours and designs as how we currently know it is in the GunZ developing scene (aka copy the same model and texture, meaning you have 2x more kbs/mbs and so on as it should be in theory).

But I am just throwing in idea's without touching the true nature of the game and without touching the current status/balance of FG.
    All of that can be solved if the name of the original weapon stays the same. It's doable for the devs I think. Maybe you can't tell what weapon it is, but if you check the replay or spectate the player, you'll see it's a lb or something else.

Also, restrict shotties to shotties as a override. So you can't use a limit breaker skin for a revolver. etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by ollieiscool View Post
    I like what i see in this thread. Donators would actually be able to get some variation in wepons instead of the same lb, duelistoand others!
    even non donators could have some other skins instead of some ugly low lvl guns
    #Support
    Thank my post to support!

In the end, playing legit pays off.
    Originally Posted by DesiBoii View Post
    me and saiyan bffs

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    pretty sure he only meant weapons in the same class, for example change a limit to a pio or a donation sniper as the level 50 one, not shotgun for spray
    I suggested this in the past, but they pretty much laughed and told me to **** off. Hopefully this suggestion can pass, because it could be a great idea. It's literally the same concept as the clothing but with weapons. And people are always going to find something to complain about when it comes to change anyway. Can't please everyone lol

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

3. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Saiyan (09-11-2016)

Banned

Thanks
    Nice one, would be cool to see something like that being added. Although, I think it is better to tick-a-box for something like this, to turn it off and on. If someone's wielding a Pioneer for example, I think they'll be reported for it. So sort of.. own risk I guess? Overall, pretty cool.

Yukimaru's Avatar Smexy Bich

Country
    Thanks
    I say yes awesome idea!
    IGN:^3A^6materasu^1
    Love me not hate me!
    Clan: Mangekyo
    Credits to Charm [Signature]

6. The following user said thank you to Yukimaru for this useful post:

Saiyan (09-13-2016)

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    I also just thought of this idea too, and came here to see if someone had made a thread suggesting it already, I was surprised to find one so recent. The reason I thought of this was because I wanted to use the Golden Dragon Sword, which looks really nice and gives that 'ijji' experience, but it means I cannot use my donation sword which has better stats.

I think a lot of people would like this to be possible, and I fully support the suggestion.

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Resort for this useful post:

Eddie (09-20-2016), Saiyan (09-18-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Resort View Post
    I also just thought of this idea too, and came here to see if someone had made a thread suggesting it already, I was surprised to find one so recent. The reason I thought of this was because I wanted to use the Golden Dragon Sword, which looks really nice and gives that 'ijji' experience, but it means I cannot use my donation sword which has better stats.

I think a lot of people would like this to be possible, and I fully support the suggestion.
    like I said before it shouldnt be on all weapons that would be gay just the main ijji items e.g. (pioneer, b9p, b8, golden dragon sword, shura, and zaurus revs & etc)

if theirs 2 many it would cause confusion in reports anyway atleast this way its better understood + i doubt any other item gna be used more then these
    Last edited by Traumatiser; 09-18-2016 at 12:18 AM.

10. The following user said thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

Saiyan (09-18-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    yeee pioner oldschool rofl... but wut pioner with pony ?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    Improving Gunz is hard because the moment something big gets brought up, all the players scream like children. Which is expected, core gameplay should stay generally the same. That's why most people are here, right? That being said, the improvements that are left to be made have to be very careful to not touch the core of the game, which is why things like cosmetics, ui revamps, etc, are so important.
    Yeah that's what I said. But if they are going to make random things that should give the expression that it's an skin than I don't really care anymore. There are quite a few ways to just let skins be there. There a lot of ways to clarify a specific person uses that specific weapon instead of the skin he or she uses. I'm in for actual skins like in clothing. Just having some recolors sounds nice I suppose but it does require quite a lot of work.

Also, skins don't change the core gameplay at all. I don't get why I get a reaction saying "Improving GunZ is hard" and "all the players scream like children". I'm for change. I don't see how a bunch of skins can change the core gameplay though. Skins sound fun but not a few recolors.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
    All of that can be solved if the name of the original weapon stays the same. It's doable for the devs I think. Maybe you can't tell what weapon it is, but if you check the replay or spectate the player, you'll see it's a lb or something else.

Also, restrict shotties to shotties as a override. So you can't use a limit breaker skin for a revolver. etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank my post to support!
    Having the same name does not matter, it matters in the game.
    When you play you cannot see that there would be a LB be hidden under the skin of a breaker 3 for example (which would "unfair" in a way if you think you opponents has a low lvl item but suddenly does a lot of dmg?).

Also they would never make it that you can override a LB with revolver looks, it will always be stuck in it's item category, like clothing > pants - pants > chest - chest.

Saiyan's Avatar Champion.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Having the same name does not matter, it matters in the game.
    When you play you cannot see that there would be a LB be hidden under the skin of a breaker 3 for example (which would "unfair" in a way if you think you opponents has a low lvl item but suddenly does a lot of dmg?).

Also they would never make it that you can override a LB with revolver looks, it will always be stuck in it's item category, like clothing > pants - pants > chest - chest.
    Every donation item isn't limited to a level. They're all level 0. ALMOST every low level just switches his donors to the alt and plays with it. Only a small percentage of fgunz plays with non donors. Limit is " only " one damage higher than the rest of the weapons so it's basically not "unfair". Besides, there are so many shotguns in the shop that people won't even care about the looks of the shotgun, imo.

If we make certain rules and restrictions with these "weapon skins", it will all be okay. A lot of support on this thread so i'm pretty sure it won't affect the report section that much.

Lets say,

- you can only skin the limit breaker with a pio (encourages people to buy more luckyboxes Lol )
    - Skin other donation shotguns with B9p, b8, b7, cruelizon.

But keep the names the same of course. There has to be a away to tell people that it's a skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Maw View Post
    Yeah that's what I said. But if they are going to make random things that should give the expression that it's an skin than I don't really care anymore. There are quite a few ways to just let skins be there. There a lot of ways to clarify a specific person uses that specific weapon instead of the skin he or she uses. I'm in for actual skins like in clothing. Just having some recolors sounds nice I suppose but it does require quite a lot of work.

Also, skins don't change the core gameplay at all. I don't get why I get a reaction saying "Improving GunZ is hard" and "all the players scream like children". I'm for change. I don't see how a bunch of skins can change the core gameplay though. Skins sound fun but not a few recolors.
    No recolors, just re-skinning weapons like the limitbreaker to a pioneer. Maybe there could be a setting in "MISC" to turn off the skins, in case you're bothered by people using skins...

In the end, playing legit pays off.
    Originally Posted by DesiBoii View Post
    me and saiyan bffs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information