Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanked
    2,384
    Thanks
    1,574
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    Sup. So this is long overdue. My application was put into the trial phase some time ago. The reason as to why I'm still on trial is because I was unable to put hours into Gunz for two weeks or so after originally being put on trial. Real work comes first, unfortunately, and a new version of Angular came out and I was tasked to update all previous works to the new RC. My trial period is set to end when my code gets pushed to a live update, which I'm being told is somewhat soon.


    That being said, on to what I've been doing.
    As a lot of you are aware, GunZ is an old game. Very old. Original development started anywhere between 1999 and 2002. The earliest date I've been able to find in the source code is sometime in 1999. With that in mind, understand that Gunz is not a game that is inherently secure. There really is no end-all be-all way of "patching" hacks. There is, however, ways of detecting them. Along with that, I've made recent strides in making FGunZ in particular, harder to debug. The operative word here is "harder". While I am confident this will completely stop low to mid-level developers from having free-reign on the game, I am not as confident that those at a higher level of skill will be completely stopped.


    With the new system being developed and implemented, these developers are going to have a rougher time. That's not to say that the game will not have those questionable few, it will. But they'll be few and far between in comparison to past iterations of the game.


    This is a decade old if not more cat & mouse game that will never come to an end. The cheat developers will always be at an advantage, leaving people like Jeff, Silent, Linear, and I, fighting an uphill battle. But it's one that we're willing to keep on fighting.


    I want to move in a direction that lets the dev team focus more on new features, and less on preventing cheats. Which is why I'm not going to focus on patching individual cheats. All patches will be applied in as broad of a manner as possible. Meaning a single runnable won't be targeted by any one patch.

    I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you do. People will always find a way to give themselves an advantage. S1lent has made some really cool features that will both prevent certain issues, as well as improve game play at its' core. I hope that's something that you guys get excited for.


    The bottom line is this: If you cheat, you will be banned. It doesn't matter if the person you bought from promised you it was "unpatchable" because it doesn't touch the Gunz process. I promise you, it is.


    On a side note, I'd like to encourage players to report more often. As I'm confident in what's being developed, there's no reason to not do manual inspections when players feel they are necessary. Don't be afraid to make a report. If making a thread with clips and screenshots seems like too much work for a report, please understand that making a report is something that directly benefits both you, and the game.
    this is why we need more thanks IM OUT OF THANKS

    great blog dude nice and clear explaining of the previous / current / future situations when u hit that official dev we gonna put some champagne pictures and drop some music lmao

    to everyone at FG Staff keep up the good work

  2. The following user said thank you to Stuwadie for this useful post:

    Modal (09-19-2016)

  3. #12
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Country
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanked
    1,180
    Thanks
    2,331
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    Sup. So this is long overdue. My application was put into the trial phase some time ago. The reason as to why I'm still on trial is because I was unable to put hours into Gunz for two weeks or so after originally being put on trial. Real work comes first, unfortunately, and a new version of Angular came out and I was tasked to update all previous works to the new RC. My trial period is set to end when my code gets pushed to a live update, which I'm being told is somewhat soon.


    That being said, on to what I've been doing.
    As a lot of you are aware, GunZ is an old game. Very old. Original development started anywhere between 1999 and 2002. The earliest date I've been able to find in the source code is sometime in 1999. With that in mind, understand that Gunz is not a game that is inherently secure. There really is no end-all be-all way of "patching" hacks. There is, however, ways of detecting them. Along with that, I've made recent strides in making FGunZ in particular, harder to debug. The operative word here is "harder". While I am confident this will completely stop low to mid-level developers from having free-reign on the game, I am not as confident that those at a higher level of skill will be completely stopped.


    With the new system being developed and implemented, these developers are going to have a rougher time. That's not to say that the game will not have those questionable few, it will. But they'll be few and far between in comparison to past iterations of the game.


    This is a decade old if not more cat & mouse game that will never come to an end. The cheat developers will always be at an advantage, leaving people like Jeff, Silent, Linear, and I, fighting an uphill battle. But it's one that we're willing to keep on fighting.


    I want to move in a direction that lets the dev team focus more on new features, and less on preventing cheats. Which is why I'm not going to focus on patching individual cheats. All patches will be applied in as broad of a manner as possible. Meaning a single runnable won't be targeted by any one patch.

    I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you do. People will always find a way to give themselves an advantage. S1lent has made some really cool features that will both prevent certain issues, as well as improve game play at its' core. I hope that's something that you guys get excited for.


    The bottom line is this: If you cheat, you will be banned. It doesn't matter if the person you bought from promised you it was "unpatchable" because it doesn't touch the Gunz process. I promise you, it is.


    On a side note, I'd like to encourage players to report more often. As I'm confident in what's being developed, there's no reason to not do manual inspections when players feel they are necessary. Don't be afraid to make a report. If making a thread with clips and screenshots seems like too much work for a report, please understand that making a report is something that directly benefits both you, and the game.


    nice one man

  4. #13
    wys

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Posts
    2,000
    Thanked
    431
    Thanks
    603
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    Sup. So this is long overdue. My application was put into the trial phase some time ago. The reason as to why I'm still on trial is because I was unable to put hours into Gunz for two weeks or so after originally being put on trial. Real work comes first, unfortunately, and a new version of Angular came out and I was tasked to update all previous works to the new RC. My trial period is set to end when my code gets pushed to a live update, which I'm being told is somewhat soon.


    That being said, on to what I've been doing.
    As a lot of you are aware, GunZ is an old game. Very old. Original development started anywhere between 1999 and 2002. The earliest date I've been able to find in the source code is sometime in 1999. With that in mind, understand that Gunz is not a game that is inherently secure. There really is no end-all be-all way of "patching" hacks. There is, however, ways of detecting them. Along with that, I've made recent strides in making FGunZ in particular, harder to debug. The operative word here is "harder". While I am confident this will completely stop low to mid-level developers from having free-reign on the game, I am not as confident that those at a higher level of skill will be completely stopped.


    With the new system being developed and implemented, these developers are going to have a rougher time. That's not to say that the game will not have those questionable few, it will. But they'll be few and far between in comparison to past iterations of the game.


    This is a decade old if not more cat & mouse game that will never come to an end. The cheat developers will always be at an advantage, leaving people like Jeff, Silent, Linear, and I, fighting an uphill battle. But it's one that we're willing to keep on fighting.


    I want to move in a direction that lets the dev team focus more on new features, and less on preventing cheats. Which is why I'm not going to focus on patching individual cheats. All patches will be applied in as broad of a manner as possible. Meaning a single runnable won't be targeted by any one patch.

    I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you do. People will always find a way to give themselves an advantage. S1lent has made some really cool features that will both prevent certain issues, as well as improve game play at its' core. I hope that's something that you guys get excited for.


    The bottom line is this: If you cheat, you will be banned. It doesn't matter if the person you bought from promised you it was "unpatchable" because it doesn't touch the Gunz process. I promise you, it is.


    On a side note, I'd like to encourage players to report more often. As I'm confident in what's being developed, there's no reason to not do manual inspections when players feel they are necessary. Don't be afraid to make a report. If making a thread with clips and screenshots seems like too much work for a report, please understand that making a report is something that directly benefits both you, and the game.
    Well done. Keep it up.

  5. #14
    Saiyan's Avatar Champion.

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Posts
    433
    Thanked
    250
    Thanks
    134
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    Sup. So this is long overdue. My application was put into the trial phase some time ago. The reason as to why I'm still on trial is because I was unable to put hours into Gunz for two weeks or so after originally being put on trial. Real work comes first, unfortunately, and a new version of Angular came out and I was tasked to update all previous works to the new RC. My trial period is set to end when my code gets pushed to a live update, which I'm being told is somewhat soon.


    That being said, on to what I've been doing.
    As a lot of you are aware, GunZ is an old game. Very old. Original development started anywhere between 1999 and 2002. The earliest date I've been able to find in the source code is sometime in 1999. With that in mind, understand that Gunz is not a game that is inherently secure. There really is no end-all be-all way of "patching" hacks. There is, however, ways of detecting them. Along with that, I've made recent strides in making FGunZ in particular, harder to debug. The operative word here is "harder". While I am confident this will completely stop low to mid-level developers from having free-reign on the game, I am not as confident that those at a higher level of skill will be completely stopped.


    With the new system being developed and implemented, these developers are going to have a rougher time. That's not to say that the game will not have those questionable few, it will. But they'll be few and far between in comparison to past iterations of the game.


    This is a decade old if not more cat & mouse game that will never come to an end. The cheat developers will always be at an advantage, leaving people like Jeff, Silent, Linear, and I, fighting an uphill battle. But it's one that we're willing to keep on fighting.


    I want to move in a direction that lets the dev team focus more on new features, and less on preventing cheats. Which is why I'm not going to focus on patching individual cheats. All patches will be applied in as broad of a manner as possible. Meaning a single runnable won't be targeted by any one patch.

    I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you do. People will always find a way to give themselves an advantage. S1lent has made some really cool features that will both prevent certain issues, as well as improve game play at its' core. I hope that's something that you guys get excited for.


    The bottom line is this: If you cheat, you will be banned. It doesn't matter if the person you bought from promised you it was "unpatchable" because it doesn't touch the Gunz process. I promise you, it is.


    On a side note, I'd like to encourage players to report more often. As I'm confident in what's being developed, there's no reason to not do manual inspections when players feel they are necessary. Don't be afraid to make a report. If making a thread with clips and screenshots seems like too much work for a report, please understand that making a report is something that directly benefits both you, and the game.
    Love you. #nohomo

    In the end, playing legit pays off.
    Originally Posted by DesiBoii View Post
    me and saiyan bffs

  6. #15
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    Posts
    152
    Thanked
    5
    Thanks
    12
    keep it up man, its looks great

  7. #16
    GeorgeGFX's Avatar 【D I C K S】

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Posts
    15,306
    Thanked
    2,231
    Thanks
    4,849
    Exploiting and doing everything in your powers to gain advantage from other users using custom .DLL's has been on GunZ for ages and will never stop, this cat and mouse game is a never ending story on GunZ, some people do not comprehend how outdated this game is and how awful it's original source code is written by MAIET developers, I'm not going to go into full details but FGunZ it's source code is way more decent than the other pservers use (which is in most cases public sauce code) from a developer POV.

    For those, who try to hide in the shadows thinking that buying a shotbot/ESP/hitbox (etc) from a hacking forum would be undetectable and you're safe to use it just because the seller told you "trust me, it is custom", well, you're wrong.

    Going into details of how hacks work, whether you use an executable file named "Doges Shotbot/Hitbox V0.69", I can assure you that it still injects into the game whether it's process manipulation - speed hacking / teleporting or walking through the walls, the so called "custom" hack, still would attempt to perform a memory hijacking or overwriting the memory itself to make the actual code execute.

    I'm not sure how far the security has been improved ever since I quit my position but if you're willing to use hacks, think twice before using them.
    Also, the current ban system of FGunZ is easily bypassable, anyone who gets permanently banned for breaking the ToS can easily use simple softwares to modify it's HWID/MAC and get on FGunZ again but eventually, you'll be caught again and doing so will most likely lower your chances of getting another chance of playing the game legitimately.

    @Hex, the devblog is pretty short but informative, regarding the ban/bypass system and how it works, I'd love to give you a source code which should be a bit of a help to write a total new ban system, which should be more accurate with banning and when I say ban, it means ban - bypassing would be a pain in the ass with it.

    Nevertheless, keep up the good work!

  8. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

    Nogamenolife (09-19-2016)

  9. #17
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    Posts
    303
    Thanked
    106
    Thanks
    262
    Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    u dun understand men..

    if u report someone.. they might get deadly....
    If you're worried about real-world issues such as personal information, ddos, etc, I'm sure you could speak to a member of the administration team privately via a forum message about the situation. This doesn't mean "spam mcsic and dave xdxd". It means if you're genuinely concerned about the aforementioned issues, it's worth while to try and get a higher-up's attention in a private manner.

    Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
    exactly. Booters incoming................
    2 phones. 1 for the ddos the other for shitty .NET cheats.

    Originally Posted by George View Post
    Exploiting and doing everything in your powers to gain advantage from other users using custom .DLL's has been on GunZ for ages and will never stop, this cat and mouse game is a never ending story on GunZ, some people do not comprehend how outdated this game is and how awful it's original source code is written by MAIET developers, I'm not going to go into full details but FGunZ it's source code is way more decent than the other pservers use (which is in most cases public sauce code) from a developer POV.

    For those, who try to hide in the shadows thinking that buying a shotbot/ESP/hitbox (etc) from a hacking forum would be undetectable and you're safe to use it just because the seller told you "trust me, it is custom", well, you're wrong.

    Going into details of how hacks work, whether you use an executable file named "Doges Shotbot/Hitbox V0.69", I can assure you that it still injects into the game whether it's process manipulation - speed hacking / teleporting or walking through the walls, the so called "custom" hack, still would attempt to perform a memory hijacking or overwriting the memory itself to make the actual code execute.

    I'm not sure how far the security has been improved ever since I quit my position but if you're willing to use hacks, think twice before using them.
    Also, the current ban system of FGunZ is easily bypassable, anyone who gets permanently banned for breaking the ToS can easily use simple softwares to modify it's HWID/MAC and get on FGunZ again but eventually, you'll be caught again and doing so will most likely lower your chances of getting another chance of playing the game legitimately.

    @Hex, the devblog is pretty short but informative, regarding the ban/bypass system and how it works, I'd love to give you a source code which should be a bit of a help to write a total new ban system, which should be more accurate with banning and when I say ban, it means ban - bypassing would be a pain in the ass with it.

    Nevertheless, keep up the good work!
    If you have source that automatically performs the registry changes needed in order to bypass, I'd more than happily take a look at it. I wouldn't have a problem grabbing a signature for it and going from there. Also, I was tasked to look into a new way to handle permanent bans.

  10. #18
    Crest's Avatar 하나님

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Posts
    104
    Thanked
    110
    Thanks
    46
    u must be to good to stay in trail
    S/o to the Kings...!

  11. #19
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    Posts
    303
    Thanked
    106
    Thanks
    262
    Originally Posted by Crest View Post
    u must be to good to stay in trail
    I'm a shit kid 0-11.

  12. #20
    GeorgeGFX's Avatar 【D I C K S】

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Posts
    15,306
    Thanked
    2,231
    Thanks
    4,849
    Originally Posted by Crest View Post
    u must be to good to stay in trail
    TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL TRAIL

    Being a TRIAL is actually more enjoyable than being an official staff member.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)